What's new

Steam database achievements - Roster speculation

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
JACQUI BRIGGS (speculation)

TROPHY_ID_PERFORM_2_DIFFERENT_FATALITIES_WITH_JACTROPHY_ID_PERFORM_2_DIFFERENT_FATALITIES_WITH_JAC
Hidden.--------

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm literally as hype as you. Jacqui will be here to dissolve and resolve all those glorious tears. I got my boy Kano, so if Jacqui is in and it's not some random new character named "Jackspar", the roster is complete for me.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Speculation is nice but I want to let you know that QLoc has a history with trolling PC data miners so take this with a grain of salt.

In Inj2 before the last DLC pack was revealed the put some trolling character files and called them Shaggy, Talon, and a couple more that I forgot. After examination it turned out they just copied files from Bane and Robin and some more and gave them those trolly names.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
I'm not going to bitch about the possibility of Frost being in... but I will say that it makes ZERO sense to me, in light of characters like Fujin/Reiko from the same era, who would have vastly different playstyles and customization options, not making the cut (so far). And with 3 slots open there is no Kitana or Mileena? The amount of people Frost makes happy will pale in comparison to the amount of people unhappy if Kitana/Mileena don't get in. Seems very odd.

Last edited:

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
If you count the confirmed characters along with the ones on the achievements, that's about 22 characters total. That's NOT including Johnny Cage, Kitana, Rain, and Noob Saibot who we've seen in-game and/or on the menus. Roster could be:
  1. Scorpion
  2. Sub-Zero
  3. Raiden
  4. Liu Kang
  5. Johnny Cage
  6. Sonya Blade
  7. Kano
  8. Kung Lao
  9. Kitana
  10. Baraka
  11. Kabal
  12. Jade
  13. Noob Saibot
  14. Rain
  15. Frost
  16. Skarlet
  17. Cassie Cage
  18. Jacqui Briggs
  19. D'Vorah
  20. Kotal Kahn
  21. Erron Black
  22. Geras
  23. New
  24. New
  25. New
  26. Shao Kahn
Replace the 3 "New" with
-KOL
-CET
-TER
and you have the komplete roster! :eek:

Last edited:

Gamer68

Fujin!
Here's the roster visualized. Keep in mind these things, though:
  • Achievement list is incomplete, so there could be more (but try not to get your hopes up)
  • The 3 generic looking characters after Geras and before Shao Kahn are placeholders for the new chars.
  • There's a blank slot beside Shao Kahn but imagine a random select slot or something.
  • The layout and placement of some of these characters don't make sense so obviously the real (in-game) one will look better.

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
Might be a stretch?? Uhhh you're fucking tripping man. KOL being Kollector, sure, but that theory is way too far out dude.

Only the game developers and Steam.
Nah you’re just not thinking outside of the box. If they wanted to embed a riddle in this shit, they wouldn’t make it so literal and easy to solve that any dumbass would figure it out

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
Why has no one mentioned or posted this?

TROPHY_ID_DEFEAT_OPPONENT_WHILE_DVORAH_BUG

This implies that d'vorah has some sort of form that makes her into a bug that you can fight in. Like Atom's trait. Also one of the devs said d'vorah is their most worked on character...

I'm not going to bitch about the possibility of Frost being in... but I will say that it makes ZERO sense to me, in light of characters like Fujin/Reiko from the same era, who would have vastly different playstyles and customization options, not making the cut (so far). And with 3 slots open there is no Kitana, Mileena, or Jade? The amount of people Frost makes happy will pale in comparison to the amount of people unhappy if Kitana/Mileena/Jade don't get in. Seems very odd.
This is just low-key bitching, haha. But I'm right there with you. Rule 63 Sub-Zero is lazy character design. Ideally, this is an opportunity for NRS to unshackle her from that stigma.

Unless they give her the ice clone after yanking it from Sub's cold dead hands. That's just unforgivable.

Thracian_Priest

The troll awakens...
Here's the roster visualized. Keep in mind these things, though:
  • Achievement list is incomplete, so there could be more (but try not to get your hopes up)
  • The 3 generic looking characters after Geras and before Shao Kahn are placeholders for the new chars.
  • There's a blank slot beside Shao Kahn but imagine a random select slot or something.
  • The layout and placement of some of these characters don't make sense so obviously the real (in-game) one will look better.
Not a bad roster, not bad at all.

Jacqui's bugging me TBH but at least Jax is gone.