What's new

Steam database achievements - Roster speculation

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Geras is TER

WOW! Huge news tbh. I honestly think just this is worthy of its own thread.
I'm glad I opened up this 33 page thread for a peak lol.

IMO this absolutely confirms that the leak was true too. This picture is from the reveal event in Russia so it's from before the leak ever happened.

This changes sooo much as far as speculation goes. One less newcomer means one more spot for a veteran!

Last edited:

Might-Taro 19

by each death, we learn more..
Man it would really make 0 sense if shang tsung or a new necromancer do not make it in the base roster. Clearly you can see how in the stages that are shown, there's been a lot of necro stuff going on there. There was one leak i'm not sure where i found it but stating that there is a brand new necromancer helping all the Reveneants protect netherealm which is obviously gonna be Jade, Kitana, Liu Kang, Kabal, and Kung Lao. If the Kollector is actually going to be a new character. the most it would make sense is for him to be a necromancer like Quan Chi, and Shang Tsung.

SenSx

Noob
Super awesome !

Do we have other pictures with those variation code names ?
I want to know if RAI is Raiden.

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
Uhm, they actually have Baraka and can have some others, also they have a lot of nameless minions.
I just hope Kronika has a bigger role than Kitana and Liu Kang and that Kabal and Jade start out as mindless jobbers for Kit and Liu but eventually are recruited by the much more serious, powerful and awesome Kronika, and THEN Jade and Kabal LOSE the jobber status and become interesting enemies AND playable characters in the storyline.

You can have it both ways.

I think it is a waste to (at least) turn Jade into just another revenant, she was gone in MKX for a reason, I want a cool reason, not just to see her return as another revenant which works for Kitana and Liu again like nothing ever happend to her in MKX and that she was just left out, that would be boring and cheap writing, something you expect from Ed Boon/Vogel, but not from Kittelsen.
So still jobbers, just a different boss.
:DOGE

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
I really wish they would have revealed Liu Kang and Kitana together yesterday: Valentine's Day. We already know that they're in the game.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
You guys aren't getting it. TER being Geras doesn't just mean there is one more slot for a returning character. It means that FRO doesn't 100% mean Frost and could be a temporary name for someone else :D
I'm gonna be so mad if FRO isn't Frost after all this. So far I'm on board with the roster, but if you take away Frost, I'm gonna be right there ranting and raving with all of the Rain and Fujin fans.

Last edited:

Gamer68

Fujin!
Okay, so Geras being TER means that the other codenames CET and KOL could still represent new characters. Geras' working name could have been "Terra", similar to how the working name of MKX characters like D'Vorah was actually "Lady Bug" or Cassie being "Cage Jr." or whatever. The codenames may not represent their real names, but it could still be pointing towards those being new characters.

This does mean that will only be getting 3 new characters this time around instead of 4 like we thought -- those numbers are including Geras, of course.

Because of this, it COULD mean that we are getting one more character since a place we thought was taken really isn't. My bet would be Shang Tsung because there is a lot of stuff pointing towards him being in the game.

But, before all this, we had counted 26 characters between confirmed, soft-confirmed, and leaked characters. We know there is only 25 slots on the menu right now. While Geras not taking an extra space could equal another character, it's possible that this just means that will be getting one less character than we thought and that's it.

While I kinda doubt that, I think it's good to set expectations. I'm prepared that the roster will only have 25 characters including Shao Kahn. If it's 26 or more, then that will be a surprise to me.

EDIT: More on my first point. I've seen some people saying that since Geras was using a codename that didn't represent his real one, that codenames like FRO may not actually represent Frost. My point is that I doubt that. Chances are Geras was called TER simply because his original name was Terra or something similar. Example: If D'Vorah's original name was a codename, it would be LAD because her name used to be Lady Bug. Codenames TER, CET, and KOL, may not represent the actual names of the characters but I think they still represent new characters. No hidden Fujin or anything like that.

Last edited:

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
So still jobbers, just a different boss.
:DOGE
What part of interesting is hard for you to understand? :-p You can be a minion of somebody and still have a serious cool and interesting background and side story. Boon and Vogel just don’t know how to do that, mostly because of the stupid forced four story fights per character, and because the villians don’t get a chapter.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
@ButterfreeEffect
I don't want Jacqui in MK11 because I'd rather have others in her place.
She has raptor arms and she sucked all around.
I'd rather Triborg, Smoke, Noob, Reptile, Mileena, Rain or Shang Tsung make the cut instead of Jacqui.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Good find dudes. So I'm counting 20 from the steam page including Geras as well as unknowns with CET and KOL. Shao Khan makes that 21. I think Cage is a lock which would make 22. Kitana would make that 23.

That leaves two open spots for whoever by my count. And I'm hoping that is indeed Rain in the menu and that Shang Tsung rounds out our 25. That roster would be godlike to me and obviously the DLC would only make it better.

SindelQueen

Sindels gay husband
@ButterfreeEffect
I don't want Jacqui in MK11 because I'd rather have others in her place.
She has raptor arms and she sucked all around.
I'd rather Triborg, Smoke, Noob, Reptile, Mileena, Rain or Shang Tsung make the cut instead of Jacqui.
Why are we hating on jacqui again there’s plenty of room on kombat packs for your lame mains . I like jacqui and I’m tired of the hate she receives . Not everyone likes your characters .. out of all the ones you listed I KIND OF like mileena lol sit