What's new

Steam database achievements - Roster speculation

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
Besides one more spot, this would also mean that with the information from @SinkFla and the gamefaq forum (only if their sources were correct of course), we now at least the very basics of every new character. According to these:

KOL would be The Kollector, a new cyborg that has 4 arms.

CET would be a female water creature that's very beasty

and TER would be Geras.

It IS theoretically still possible that among the 3 unknown spots, there is another brand new character. Who knows. And the info about CET and KOL is from people who claim to know something but without any proof we have seen. So may as well be total BS. But if every info is correct, these are the 3 new characters we are getting.

So now one of KOL/CET is actually my most awaited reveal, because it would confirm almost everything if a source is correct there.

J_in_CA

Noob
I still think Kol could have been a codename for Shang Tsung since he collects souls. The Ter thing could also easily have just been a typo, G is right below T on a keyboard.

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
What part of interesting is hard for you to understand? :-p You can be a minion of somebody and still have a serious cool and interesting background and side story. Boon and Vogel just don’t know how to do that, mostly because of the stupid forced four story fights per character, and because the villians don’t get a chapter.
Hey now... Sometimes jobbers are interesting as is. Because, in the end, aren't we all kinda jobbers?

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
Sorry, but I wouldn't count on that buddy...
It could all be complete bogus some troll made up, sure :D I'm just stating what someone else claimed to know. Especially for the other forum, it could be someone who wants to feel important. @SinkFla claimed to have several sources he trusts, though. So we'll see.

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
I said this in another thread but I think there is a good chance that the kollector is actually Shang tsung.
Also based on the notion of him collecting souls? Or do you have another theory?

I'd love this because obviously it would be one more spot for a returning character. On the other hand, I find 3 new characters to be a somewhat realistic estimation. I don't think there's much less than that.

mikeraskol

Beverly Hills High Class of 2010 Valedictorian
I said this in another thread but I think there is a good chance that the kollector is actually Shang tsung.
It makes very little sense for them to have a nickname or codename for a long time character in the series. I think there is literally 0 chance of this. It's not like they expected these achievement strings to leak like this so they were trying to protect the fact that Shang Tsung is in the game.

People are really twisting themselves into knots in the hope that their favorite characters are in.

trufenix

bye felicia
so. . . in the background code of their unreleased game that people weren't even supposed to see, they listed a well known returned series character not just by a pseudo name, but mispelled it too?

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
It makes very little sense for them to have a nickname or codename for a long time character in the series. I think there is literally 0 chance of this. It's not like they expected these achievement strings to leak like this so they were trying to protect the fact that Shang Tsung is in the game.

People are really twisting themselves into knots in the hope that their favorite characters are in.
Lots of game devs word trophies ambiguously these days, to keep plot twists as hidden as possible. If Shang Tsung's role in story mode is a plot twist (e.g. a lot of characters refer to some Kollector doing things behind the scenes, but no one knows who it is) then it could make sense to hide his identity in the trophy as well.

Just to be clear I don't have any opinion on whether KOL is Shang Tsung or Ermac or anything. I'm just saying it wouldn't be the weirdest thing ever.

SinkFla

Noob
It could all be complete bogus some troll made up, sure :D I'm just stating what someone else claimed to know. Especially for the other forum, it could be someone who wants to feel important. @SinkFla claimed to have several sources he trusts, though. So we'll see.
Well 1 source I trust lol. I did a breakdown of sources in a previous post and the other 2 I cannot vouch for their integrity, I was just sharing the things I heard from them. The Kollector thing I'm pretty trusting of however.

edit: To reiterate, all I *know* is that Kollector is a cyborg but not like Sektor or Cyrax... a new and unique twist. The whole 4 arm weapon wielding thing never came from me. BUT if that ends up being true then I'm gonna body y'all WITH GRIEVOUS.

edit 2: I keep thinking of more to post fuck me I need to chill. Anyway, this whole TER being Geras thing is awesome. So maybe we are getting Rain (please don't be Kotal in that menu image), Noob (rumored by 2 peeps), and Tsung (rumored by 1) on base?!!

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
Well 1 source I trust lol. I did a breakdown of sources in a previous post and the other 2 I cannot vouch for their integrity, I was just sharing the things I heard from them. The Kollector thing I'm pretty trusting of however.
Only one then, sorry. I read your breakdown, I just mixed things up in my head because the other two sources had agreed on CET.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
I think we get Rain in MK 21 again, as DLC though and in a new Armageddon style roster, even Jarek being on the main roster but not Rain, Ed Boon doesn't want Rain in the main roster. He just loves to torture Rain fans with NPC Rain's, DLC Rains without extra stuff and menu pictures/special move crap from Rain, to bring the fans some serious pain. :-p

KOL would be The Kollector, a new cyborg that has 4 arms.

CET would be a female water creature that's very beasty

and TER would be Geras.
Why would the two other new characters would keep their WIP name and not Geras ?

I'd also like to hear the reasoning with KOL and CET, how are we supposed to know who they are ? And if CET is indeed a water creature... RIP Rain :DOGE

vapid

cyber warlord
Don't you fucking play with me like that, I swear to Asmodeus...
I have to keep the dream alive. I need reasons to pre-order this thing, and I haven't got any so far.

Either NRS are ramping their trolling up to 11 and they're keeping the best til last, or it really is just a shitty MKX.5 roster and they're either making us pay even more for them as DLC or they're not in at all.

Keep faith, brother.

vapid

cyber warlord
The MKX roster would have been noticeably better had it simply been for Rain and Tanya being on the base roster instead of NPCs.

Also, Rain looked fucking sick in MKX - I want that costume back in MK 11, even if it's not his default.

Surely they can't tease him on the Konquer screen like that, and then not have him in again?