What's new

Steam database achievements - Roster speculation

SenSx

Noob
The MKX roster would have been noticeably better had it simply been for Rain and Tanya being on the base roster instead of NPCs.

Also, Rain looked fucking sick in MKX - I want that costume back in MK 11, even if it's not his default.

Surely they can't tease him on the Konquer screen like that, and then not have him in again?
That's what I keep telling myself, why would they do that ?
Besides only 3 male ninjas on the main roster is really low imo.
But all the negativity about Rain's chances is growing on me.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
I'm hoping. ^^

Ugh, if they add Rain, they better not make him Ninja like MK9 again, I want the MKX Rain. But of course with all these costumes we can have both.

Another thing that makes me fear for Rains inclusion is that if Cetus/Ceto is indeed in the game, and she will be the water creature, that makes even less chance for Rain.

Adding another water user would be a way from the vile Ed Boon to hopefully make people forget about Rain (one of his least favorite characters) and make them addicted to the new water character...

Ger187

Noob
Ugh, if they add Rain, they better not make him Ninja like MK9 again, I want the MKX Rain. But of course with all these costumes we can have both.

Another thing that makes me fear for Rains inclusion is that if Cetus/Ceto is indeed in the game, and she will be the water creature, that makes even less chance for Rain.

Adding another water user would be a way from the vile Ed Boon to hopefully make people forget about Rain (one of his least favorite characters) and make them addicted to the new water character...
Better ninja rain then stripper rain

SenSx

Noob

That would be such a dick moove and bad reasoning.

CET could be Rain's minion btw.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
It makes very little sense for them to have a nickname or codename for a long time character in the series.
I don't know if you missed it but NRS said they where controlling false leaks to know who drops info early and other reasons.

As we can see TER was intentionally put there masquerading as a new character when all the while it was Geras.
I think the same is true for CET and KOL.
Some of the names on steam could also be fallacy.
But we must remember that NRS had full control of what was handed over to Steam as achievements.
NRS would have to be very incompetent to not know what they coded into achievements that was scheduled to go to Steam.

SindelQueen

Sindels gay husband
I don't know if you missed it but NRS said they where controlling false leaks to know who drops info early and other reasons.

As we can see TER was intentionally put there masquerading as a new character when all the while it was Geras.
But we must remember that NRS had full control of what was handed over to Steam as achievements.
NRS would have to be very incompetent to not know what they coded into achievements that was scheduled to go to Steam.
No we didn’t know, and we still won’t until you link some evidence ...

LawAbidingCitizen

No we didn’t know, and we still won’t until you link some evidence ...
Well it's somewhere and I'm not sure where. I will try to find it but no promises. I remember it being said just not sure what cast or video or article.
It wasn't on boons or anything it was on if the developers that said it and I found it on an article?
But despite that part the rest of what I said still stands imo and doesn't rest upon NRS saying they feed false information.

mikeraskol

Beverly Hills High Class of 2010 Valedictorian

You paint a picture of "NRS" sitting up on high, looking down at the populace and cackling while twirling their long, Jafar-like goatee.

When it reality the company doing the PC version (which is not NRS) simply made a mistake and put up achievement strings with hints at character names that got scraped. This is the reality folks. This is not a Bourne movie. The interpretation of what those scraped names mean - well that's a different point, and I wouldn't be shocked if KOL and CET were also referencing placeholder names for new characters.

LawAbidingCitizen

When it reality the company doing the PC version (which is not NRS)
While there is another company in charge of PC, NRS has full control over what is handed to them.
You are entitled to your opinion but it looks like our opinions differ greatly. If you have any evidence to change my mind I'd be more than happy to review it.

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
Why would the two other new characters would keep their WIP name and not Geras ?

I'd also like to hear the reasoning with KOL and CET, how are we supposed to know who they are ?/QUOTE]
I don't know. No one does for sure :D Of course the other names could change as well. But just because Geras did, doesn't mean they have to. Maybe they just weren't happy with Geras former name and had a better idea, but like the other two names very much. Nowhere does it say that the process is the same for all of them. The Kollector thing has been going around for quite a while, so that may have something to it, just based on how often it was referenced.

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
We don't know if TER was an attempt at masquerading. That's pure interpretation. They may as well just not have liked their original name for Geras and came up with something better. Of course the same thing may happen to KOL and CET, but this is no proof for an intentional misleading strategy. It's just the normal process of creating new characters.

We must remember as well that NRS doesn't handle the steam version themselves. They contracted another company for that, (I think the name was QLOQ or something similar?). So it's not NRS who messed up, it's their partner. I don't think NRS planned for these to go public at all, so they didn't masquerade anything. Sure, the names for new characters can always change, but I highly doubt that names like FRO(ST), CAS(SIE), JAD(E), SCO(RPION), SUB(-ZERO) are red hearings. Of course I don't know anything for certain neither. But I don't think it's a likely thing for them to do, also based on several employee's reactions.

Ceroder

Noob
I dunno why people are doubting the leak. It seemed pretty obvious that it was legit.
people like to be detectives in the internet

Aside from that, I'm very worried about how base roster will look, there's nothing about Kitana, Sareena, Li Mei, Tanya... I at least wanted Tanya to make it to base roster, but I think this leak confirms that she's skipping MK11 for sure ://

vapid

cyber warlord
people like to be detectives in the internet

Aside from that, I'm very worried about how base roster will look, there's nothing about Kitana, Sareena, Li Mei, Tanya... I at least wanted Tanya to make it to base roster, but I think this leak confirms that she's skipping MK11 for sure ://
Kitana will definitely be in - she's on the menu, she's in gameplay videos (Cassie speaks to her in one intro) and she's Empress of the Netherrealm, so there's really no way she's been dropped for a game.

The Steam leaks don't cover all characters, so it stands to reason some are missing.

Sareena, Li Mei and Tanya we can probably rule out, though I think one of the former may be DLC.