What's new

Steam database achievements - Roster speculation

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Shang is just as likely as Noob/Rain imo. We don't have a picture of himself, but souls on one menu icon, a stage named after him and several others that are located on his island. Would kinda make sense for him to be there as well :D
It would, wouldn't it? His nethership seems to be a stage too.

Can't shake this bad feeling off though, and leaks on top of leaks without him aren't helping either. I'm scared he might end up like MKX's Rain.

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
If Shang Tsung isn't in the main-roster, I'm very sure he will be the first DLC character.
I also think he will be in one way or the other.
My personal guess would be Rain and Shang in base and Noob as first DLC, though. Somehow the position Noob is in right now reminds me of Red Hood for Inj2, who was one of the most requested and ended up as anchor for the first pack. And they kinda have the same edgy vibe :D

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
So with yesterday's Jade reveal, this is how the roster looks currently:

Green - officially confirmed
Yellow - soft-confirmed (cameos, dev diaries etc)
Red - speculated (steamDB)
  1. Raiden
  2. Scorpion
  3. Baraka
  4. Sonya
  5. Scarlet
  6. Sub-Zero
  7. Geras
  8. Cassie Cage
  9. Liu Kang
  10. Kitana
  11. Kung Lao (or Kung Jin)
  12. Noob Saibot
  13. Rain
  14. Kano
  15. Kabal
  16. Johhny Cage
  17. D'vorah
  18. Frost
  19. Kotal Kahn
  20. Erron Black
  21. Jacqui Briggs
  22. Jade
  23. Newcomer (TER)
  24. Newcomer (KOL)
  25. Newcomer (CET)
  26. Shao Kahn
Edit: forgot to include Rain and Noob
Geras is TER

mikeraskol

Beverly Hills High Class of 2010 Valedictorian
Geras being TER is actually huge right? It basically frees up another slot on the roster that people thought was going to be taken by another newcomer.

More space to get in that trio of Rain/Noob/Shang Tsung that everyone here seems to want.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Geras being TER is actually huge right? It basically frees up another slot on the roster that people thought was going to be taken by another newcomer.

More space to get in that trio of Rain/Noob/Shang Tsung that everyone here seems to want.
yeah, sort of .... now we can speculate more about who gonna replace that TER spot .... probably one of these you mentioned, or something unexpected, hehe rsrs

Pizza

Thrill Kill
I'm still a bit iffy about the absence of Fujin, Rain, Mileena and Tanya. Since DLC characters have been handled very poorly, it's a shame if they're held behind a paywall.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I'm still a bit iffy about the absence of Fujin, Rain, Mileena and Tanya. Since DLC characters have been handled very poorly, it's a shame if they're held behind a paywall.
Rain and Tanya won’t be DLC since they’ve already been DLC.

I doubt Mileena will be DLC since she was a main character in the previous game.

Fujin can be dlc or main. Either is ok with him.

When it comes to Rain Mileena and Tanya, either they’re main roster or not in the game.

Raider

Noob
Depends if Noob/Rain/Tsung/whatever make it in, I'd fully expect 4 newcomers out of this game, one of which we already know
I feel like 3 would be enough. If we are getting 25 characters in the main roster. MKX had more newcomers, so there shouldn't be more than 3 here. I wish someone from NRS confirms is Kronika playable already.

I feel like 3 would be enough. If we are getting 25 characters in the main roster. MKX had more newcomers, so there shouldn't be more than 3 here. I wish someone from NRS confirms is Kronika playable already.
We already know Kronika is not playable, so that's minus one potential newcomer