What's new

Spoiler Thread. People officially have the game already (NO STORY SPOILERS)

Only 1 week to go and it looks like it's a reasonable time for the flood gates to be open.

The other spoiler thread was locked so I think it's a good time to make one again where people could post their spoilers.

NO STORY SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD!!!!

All Stages:

Tournament Variations!!!!!:
Baraka
  1. Marauder: Baraka Barrage, Gutted (2)
  2. Bone Picker: Blood Lunge (2), Spine Burst
Cassie
  1. Digital Soldier: (Air) Bullet Barrage, Kneecappin', Flippin' Out
  2. Yaas Queen: Shoulder Charge, BLB-118 Energy Burst (2)
Cetrion
  1. Force of Nature: Earthquake, Delay Boulder Bash, Shattering Boulder
  2. Spring Cleaning: H2 POrt, Geyser (2)
D'Vorah
  1. Buzzed: (Air) Ticking Time Bug, Strepsiptera, Parasite
  2. Arachnophobia: Deadly Swarm, Widow's Kiss (2)
Erron
  1. 52 Kard Pickup: Enhanced Locked and Loaded, Outworld Gunslinger, Scud Shot
  2. Barking Irons: Cattle Toss, TNT Toss, Enhanced Rattle Snake Slide
Geras
  1. New Era: Stepping it Back (2), Sand Pillar
  2. Infinite Warden: Quick Sand, Gauntlet of the Ages, Bed of Spikes
Jacqui
  1. 1st Round KO: Lethal Clinch, Cybernetic Override, Robo Grappler
  2. Next Gen: Grenade Launcher, (Air) Dive Bomb, Tech-Dome
Jade
  1. Emerald Defender: (Air) Razor-Rang, Upward Razor-Rang, Edenian Spark
  2. Jaded: Pole Vault, Pole Vault Cancel, Amplify Blazing Nitro Kick
Jax
  1. Grinnin' Barrett: Duck and Weave, Briggs Barricade, Ripped
  2. Hunker Down: Quad Grab, Burning Hammer, Expert Grappler
Johnny
  1. Shock Jock: Mime Time, Brass Knuckles, Caged Rage
  2. Show Stopper: Throwing Shades, Say Cheese (2)
Kabal
  1. Mean Streak: Rolling Buzzsaw, (Air) Straight Buzzin', Dash Cancel
  2. Clean Cut: Low Hook Grab, Nomad Spin, Extended Hook
Kano
  1. Ripper: Lumbar Check, Rack Off, Manhandled
  2. Dirtbag: Vege-Mighty, Molotow Cocktail, Chemical Burn
Kitana
  1. Fan-Fare: (Air) Fan Flutter, Ground War, Royal Protection
  2. Highborn: Half Blood Stance (2), Edenian Razors
Kollector
  1. Back in the Pack: Up Demonic Mace, Demonic Clutch, Fade Out
  2. Spare Change: Bag Bomb, Vial of Sorrow, Demonic Comet
Kotal
  1. Ascension: Huehhueyi, God Ray, Kahn-Cut
  2. Totemic: Eztli Totem, Tecuani Maul, (Air) Tecuani Pounce
Kung Lao
  1. Lotus Fist: Orbiting Hat (2), Omega Hat
  2. Hat Tricks: Guided Hat, Z Hat, (Air) Teleport
Liu Kang
  1. Luohan Quan: Shaolin Stance, Low Fireball, Dragon Parry
  2. Wu Shi Legend: Energy Parry, Dragon Fire, Dragon's Gifts
Noob
  1. Seeing Double: Ghostball, (Air) Tele-Slam, Shadow Slide
  2. Dark Sabbath: Spirit Ball, Shadow Portals, (Air) Sickle Port
Raiden
  1. Thunder Wave: Storm Call, Sparkport (2)
  2. Raijin: Electric Burst, Quick Charge, Electric Current
Scorpion
  1. Reborn: Demon Slam, Hell Port Cancel (2)
  2. Searing Rage: Death Spin, Death Spear Kombo, Burning Spear
Shao Kahn
  1. True Kahn: Ridicule, Ground Shatter, Wrath Hammer
  2. Risen Emperor: Annihilation, Up Wrath Hammer, Dark Priest
Skarlet
  1. Heart Pierce: Dagger Dance, Bloodport, Blood Ritual
  2. Blood Drive: Cell Siphon, Blood Flow (2)
Sonya
  1. No Holds Barred: (Air) Ops Drop, Krushing Kounters, (Air) Marching Orders
  2. Ring Master: Energy Rings Charge, (Air) Downward Energy Rings, K.A.T. Turret Drop
Sub-Zero
  1. Dead of Winter: Cold Shoulder, Deep Freeze (2)
  2. Thin Ice: Frigid Storm, Death-Cicle Barrage, (Air) Polar Axe

Last edited:

Comments

i take it you mean the air grab hook. It was probably unbalanced to have all his hook moves in one variation. Low blades isn't terrible though. I like the first variation the chose for him. The second one needs work. Dash cancel is obviously good but why put in air blades? And hopefully air hook grab finds it's way into the second preset. I believe that one was still missing an ability.
It so weird the way they have or haven't discussed balance on the kombat kasts and in other media. Like the only thing Air Hook grab is really good for is burning a bar and extending your BNB for damage. Is THAT so broken? How delicate and fine a line are we walking here. I really felt like Kabal was super complete with that Variation. Maybe complete to the point of being a little too good? But he wasn't overwhelming. He would have been a fine...middish high tier MKX character for instance lol
IDK we just have to wait and see.

actually, id like to make this its own discussion thread, but as it concerns the spoiled variations, ill leave it here unless a mod lets me know its ok.

as everyone has noticed, some variations have only two extra moves, even though those just take one slot. speculation because of this is also that the variations are not definite and will be patched on day one.

i think these variations are definite and will not be changed by a day one patch, and they are good as they are. i have made the following observations:

most variations have only 2 ADDED moves (or one if it takes two slots). if the third slot is taken, most of the time it is not an extra move but a change or replacement of base moves/strings.

so the formula is basically: base moveset plus 2 extra move slots and maybe a change to the base moveset = variation.

there are exceptions though: scorpions "deathly sting" has one added move and a change to teleport that takes 2 slots. raidens "incandescence" has one added and one replaced move, which take only one slot each but seem powerful - it might be just a secondary balance thought why they made this different from the formula or one move might even be changed to a two-slot move via patch, while the variation stays the same.

so basically, i think these variations are definite and it makes a sense the way they did them. even though it might no be a good system in the first place when a replacement takes the same slot as an added move, while the latter obviously seems more powerful.

Last edited:
It so weird the way they have or haven't discussed balance on the kombat kasts and in other media. Like the only thing Air Hook grab is really good for is burning a bar and extending your BNB for damage. Is THAT so broken? How delicate and fine a line are we walking here. I really felt like Kabal was super complete with that Variation. Maybe complete to the point of being a little too good? But he wasn't overwhelming. He would have been a fine...middish high tier MKX character for instance lol
IDK we just have to wait and see.
Maybe, IF that's the final variation, they took it out because of the dash. With that, Kabal already has a better combo opportunity than the majority of the cast that doesn't get a pop up without burning a bar. Maybe they thought that having another move to extend combos would be too strong if that first option works meterless. I also liked him a lot with both moves, but maybe that's their thinking.

actually, id like to make this its own discussion thread, but as it concerns the spoiled variations, ill leave it here unless a mod lets me know its ok.

as everyone has noticed, some variations have only two extra moves, even though those just take one slot. speculation because of this is also that the variations are not definite and will be patched on day one.

i think these variations are definite and will not be changed by a day one patch, and they are good as they are. i have made the following observations:

most variations have only 2 ADDED moves (or one if it takes two slots). if the third slot is taken, most of the time it is not an extra move but a change or replacement of base moves/strings.

so the formula is basically: base moveset plus 2 extra move slots and maybe a change to the base moveset = variation.

there are exceptions though: scorpions "deathly sting" has one added move and a change to teleport that takes 2 slots. raidens "incandescence" has one added and one replaced move, which take only one slot each but seem powerful - it might be just a secondary balance thought why they made this different from the formula or one move might even be changed to a two-slot move via patch, while the variation stays the same.

so basically, i think these variations are definite and it makes a sense the way they did them. even though it might no be a good system in the first place when a replacement takes the same slot as an added move, while the latter obviously seems more powerful.
Your theory does fit what we're seeing so far, but I hope you're wrong :D I get the observation, but I don't think it makes sense for them to do that. They promised to make interesting variations that involve as many different moves as possible, so that every move could potentially see tournament play. If that's what your going for, not even using all possible slots for a variation seems like a terrible idea.

E
Every time someone connects short hair cuts to lesbians or being butch, I die a little inside. It looks good on her and it doesn't take away any femininity. I admit it was bad on Cassie, but this is a cute hair cut.
I am so not surprised that "Frost DeGeneres" came from who you quoted. Not in the slightest.

They just can't fucking resist, just like many others like them. Ugh.

This isn't humiliation, this is just bad slapstick, IMO.
I don't see the problem with bad slapstick in Mortal Kombat tbh. Bad slapstick has always been a part of the charm of the game. Toasty for example. Ultra Violence without a tinge of ridiculous humor to balance the edginess is a bit overkill. I like when the game stops taking itself seriously for a second.

Now Bo Rai Cho's fart n fire Fatality from DA? THAT was some unwelcome slapstick

I am so not surprised that "Frost DeGeneres" came from who you quoted. Not in the slightest.

They just can't fucking resist, just like many others like them. Ugh.
Just you wait until articles from games 'journalists' come out denouncing Frost as a butch lesbian that has no sex appeal when we've only seen ONE costume. I can't wait until the game is out so we can tune out all that BS.

Just you wait until articles from games 'journalists' come out denouncing Frost as a butch lesbian that has no sex appeal when we've only seen ONE costume. I can't wait until the game is out so we can tune out all that BS.
Frost has never been sexy charcter pre say , so i dont even know where thats coming from. Fan art does not count. She had one comic shes wearing ufc gear...

E
fair enough but i dont thinks every been portrayed like kitana or scarlet for example.
She doesn't have to be due to exactly what you quoted. Some people may not find that look sexy at all.

Your theory does fit what we're seeing so far, but I hope you're wrong :D I get the observation, but I don't think it makes sense for them to do that. They promised to make interesting variations that involve as many different moves as possible, so that every move could potentially see tournament play. If that's what your going for, not even using all possible slots for a variation seems like a terrible idea.
they said they WILL be adding more variations though