What's new

Spoiler Thread. People officially have the game already (NO STORY SPOILERS)

Only 1 week to go and it looks like it's a reasonable time for the flood gates to be open.

The other spoiler thread was locked so I think it's a good time to make one again where people could post their spoilers.

NO STORY SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD!!!!

All Stages:

Tournament Variations!!!!!:
Baraka
  1. Marauder: Baraka Barrage, Gutted (2)
  2. Bone Picker: Blood Lunge (2), Spine Burst
Cassie
  1. Digital Soldier: (Air) Bullet Barrage, Kneecappin', Flippin' Out
  2. Yaas Queen: Shoulder Charge, BLB-118 Energy Burst (2)
Cetrion
  1. Force of Nature: Earthquake, Delay Boulder Bash, Shattering Boulder
  2. Spring Cleaning: H2 POrt, Geyser (2)
D'Vorah
  1. Buzzed: (Air) Ticking Time Bug, Strepsiptera, Parasite
  2. Arachnophobia: Deadly Swarm, Widow's Kiss (2)
Erron
  1. 52 Kard Pickup: Enhanced Locked and Loaded, Outworld Gunslinger, Scud Shot
  2. Barking Irons: Cattle Toss, TNT Toss, Enhanced Rattle Snake Slide
Geras
  1. New Era: Stepping it Back (2), Sand Pillar
  2. Infinite Warden: Quick Sand, Gauntlet of the Ages, Bed of Spikes
Jacqui
  1. 1st Round KO: Lethal Clinch, Cybernetic Override, Robo Grappler
  2. Next Gen: Grenade Launcher, (Air) Dive Bomb, Tech-Dome
Jade
  1. Emerald Defender: (Air) Razor-Rang, Upward Razor-Rang, Edenian Spark
  2. Jaded: Pole Vault, Pole Vault Cancel, Amplify Blazing Nitro Kick
Jax
  1. Grinnin' Barrett: Duck and Weave, Briggs Barricade, Ripped
  2. Hunker Down: Quad Grab, Burning Hammer, Expert Grappler
Johnny
  1. Shock Jock: Mime Time, Brass Knuckles, Caged Rage
  2. Show Stopper: Throwing Shades, Say Cheese (2)
Kabal
  1. Mean Streak: Rolling Buzzsaw, (Air) Straight Buzzin', Dash Cancel
  2. Clean Cut: Low Hook Grab, Nomad Spin, Extended Hook
Kano
  1. Ripper: Lumbar Check, Rack Off, Manhandled
  2. Dirtbag: Vege-Mighty, Molotow Cocktail, Chemical Burn
Kitana
  1. Fan-Fare: (Air) Fan Flutter, Ground War, Royal Protection
  2. Highborn: Half Blood Stance (2), Edenian Razors
Kollector
  1. Back in the Pack: Up Demonic Mace, Demonic Clutch, Fade Out
  2. Spare Change: Bag Bomb, Vial of Sorrow, Demonic Comet
Kotal
  1. Ascension: Huehhueyi, God Ray, Kahn-Cut
  2. Totemic: Eztli Totem, Tecuani Maul, (Air) Tecuani Pounce
Kung Lao
  1. Lotus Fist: Orbiting Hat (2), Omega Hat
  2. Hat Tricks: Guided Hat, Z Hat, (Air) Teleport
Liu Kang
  1. Luohan Quan: Shaolin Stance, Low Fireball, Dragon Parry
  2. Wu Shi Legend: Energy Parry, Dragon Fire, Dragon's Gifts
Noob
  1. Seeing Double: Ghostball, (Air) Tele-Slam, Shadow Slide
  2. Dark Sabbath: Spirit Ball, Shadow Portals, (Air) Sickle Port
Raiden
  1. Thunder Wave: Storm Call, Sparkport (2)
  2. Raijin: Electric Burst, Quick Charge, Electric Current
Scorpion
  1. Reborn: Demon Slam, Hell Port Cancel (2)
  2. Searing Rage: Death Spin, Death Spear Kombo, Burning Spear
Shao Kahn
  1. True Kahn: Ridicule, Ground Shatter, Wrath Hammer
  2. Risen Emperor: Annihilation, Up Wrath Hammer, Dark Priest
Skarlet
  1. Heart Pierce: Dagger Dance, Bloodport, Blood Ritual
  2. Blood Drive: Cell Siphon, Blood Flow (2)
Sonya
  1. No Holds Barred: (Air) Ops Drop, Krushing Kounters, (Air) Marching Orders
  2. Ring Master: Energy Rings Charge, (Air) Downward Energy Rings, K.A.T. Turret Drop
Sub-Zero
  1. Dead of Winter: Cold Shoulder, Deep Freeze (2)
  2. Thin Ice: Frigid Storm, Death-Cicle Barrage, (Air) Polar Axe

Last edited:

Comments

I now agree we should stop talking about the variations as they might be just the custom variation starting palette rather than the competitive mode ones. People have said the variations for Jax and Kitana that were discussed in the Kast are not present here, so that means something is off. Best to just let it be til we see day 1 patch and options in ranked online etc.

If Jamie Kennedy played Ermac in an MK movie, you would get Emarc.

Also, everyone freaking out over a Day -7 probably incomplete build of the game, that Boon and those bois might have put out in its current form on purpose just to get a rise out of everyone for all we know...it is shit like this that inspires him to drive you all crazy. Because y'all let him. :coffee:

Just you wait until articles from games 'journalists' come out denouncing Frost as a butch lesbian that has no sex appeal when we've only seen ONE costume. I can't wait until the game is out so we can tune out all that BS.
I'd also like to point out how the leaked skins we've seen for Skarlet and Kitana so far have been on point in the 'appeal' department anyway and I expect the trend to continue for the others. Skarlet with a ponytail? Sign me up, coach!

I'd also like to point out how the leaked skins we've seen for Skarlet and Kitana so far have been on point in the 'appeal' department anyway and I expect the trend to continue for the others. Skarlet with a ponytail? Sign me up, coach!
Yup, I noticed that too. NRS listens to everyone and I feel like they're great with tweaking things to at least try and appeal to the majority of people. With that said,

@tylerlansdown give Sonya some Shadow of the Tomb Raider muscles? :D

If those are the final variations than scorpion is already trash. I hope he got big buffs to his specials and frame data or it's gonna be a sad time for scorpion mains.

Seeing Frost back really somehow let me think there is more to her than being a normal cyborg ala Sektor and Co.

The blue thing in her back looks the same as the one Geras has and similar to Kronika's

What if she herself isn't a cyborg?

Seeing Frost back really somehow let me think there is more to her than being a normal cyborg ala Sektor and Co.

The blue thing in her back looks the same as the one Geras has and similar to Kronika's

It seems that Kronika can create her own type of artificial organisms. It was mentioned that Geras is an artificial being created by her.

I think she's definitely cyber-ized to some degree. Aside from the achievement thing, there's definitely a very tech effect going on with her eyes in the screenshot. It's a different kind of cyberization to be sure - but cyberization nonetheless. She's also obviously aligned with Kronika, it's true - appearances aside, she's certainly the hooded figure behind Kronika in the story trailer. Whether or not Kronika has a role in the rebirth of the Cyber Lin Kuei and Frost's "evolution" remains to be seen, but it's likely.

The one who already has the game please make this:
1) go to character select screen
2)Select Kitana
3)See if the default variations are the same that was shown in the KombatKast (16Bit said they were the true tournament ones)
  1. If they are the same, we can asume all the variations of the rest of the kast are the tournament ones, then
  2. Come to TYM and post the images of this variations ;)

I believe she's not in fact ... she can be leading the cyber initiative, even more to provoking and struggle with Sub-Zero , but without taking part of being one of the cyber ninjas .... she can lead the Tekunin, but , just for her only selfish interests and goals, just using their resources and technology, but, never planning to be turned onto one of those half-machine ninja warriors ...

2)Select Kitana
3)See if the default variations are the same that was shown in the KombatKast (16Bit said they were the true tournament ones)
  1. If they are the same, we can asume all the variations of the rest of the kast are the tournament ones, then
We have this information already.

They are not the same

This. But they'll always be blind to how much game devs still have to bend over backwards to keep the volume from that faction of the Kommunity at this annoying volume. Every girl fighter in this game would want their chest bound down tight and their hair cut short or at the very least up and tied down PAINFULLY tight. And realistically they would all have abs that could crack brazil nuts.
2)Select Kitana
I believe this was shown already and it was missing the ground square wave ability? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.