What's new

Spoiler Thread. People officially have the game already (NO STORY SPOILERS)

Only 1 week to go and it looks like it's a reasonable time for the flood gates to be open.

The other spoiler thread was locked so I think it's a good time to make one again where people could post their spoilers.

NO STORY SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD!!!!

All Stages:

Tournament Variations!!!!!:
Baraka
  1. Marauder: Baraka Barrage, Gutted (2)
  2. Bone Picker: Blood Lunge (2), Spine Burst
Cassie
  1. Digital Soldier: (Air) Bullet Barrage, Kneecappin', Flippin' Out
  2. Yaas Queen: Shoulder Charge, BLB-118 Energy Burst (2)
Cetrion
  1. Force of Nature: Earthquake, Delay Boulder Bash, Shattering Boulder
  2. Spring Cleaning: H2 POrt, Geyser (2)
D'Vorah
  1. Buzzed: (Air) Ticking Time Bug, Strepsiptera, Parasite
  2. Arachnophobia: Deadly Swarm, Widow's Kiss (2)
Erron
  1. 52 Kard Pickup: Enhanced Locked and Loaded, Outworld Gunslinger, Scud Shot
  2. Barking Irons: Cattle Toss, TNT Toss, Enhanced Rattle Snake Slide
Geras
  1. New Era: Stepping it Back (2), Sand Pillar
  2. Infinite Warden: Quick Sand, Gauntlet of the Ages, Bed of Spikes
Jacqui
  1. 1st Round KO: Lethal Clinch, Cybernetic Override, Robo Grappler
  2. Next Gen: Grenade Launcher, (Air) Dive Bomb, Tech-Dome
Jade
  1. Emerald Defender: (Air) Razor-Rang, Upward Razor-Rang, Edenian Spark
  2. Jaded: Pole Vault, Pole Vault Cancel, Amplify Blazing Nitro Kick
Jax
  1. Grinnin' Barrett: Duck and Weave, Briggs Barricade, Ripped
  2. Hunker Down: Quad Grab, Burning Hammer, Expert Grappler
Johnny
  1. Shock Jock: Mime Time, Brass Knuckles, Caged Rage
  2. Show Stopper: Throwing Shades, Say Cheese (2)
Kabal
  1. Mean Streak: Rolling Buzzsaw, (Air) Straight Buzzin', Dash Cancel
  2. Clean Cut: Low Hook Grab, Nomad Spin, Extended Hook
Kano
  1. Ripper: Lumbar Check, Rack Off, Manhandled
  2. Dirtbag: Vege-Mighty, Molotow Cocktail, Chemical Burn
Kitana
  1. Fan-Fare: (Air) Fan Flutter, Ground War, Royal Protection
  2. Highborn: Half Blood Stance (2), Edenian Razors
Kollector
  1. Back in the Pack: Up Demonic Mace, Demonic Clutch, Fade Out
  2. Spare Change: Bag Bomb, Vial of Sorrow, Demonic Comet
Kotal
  1. Ascension: Huehhueyi, God Ray, Kahn-Cut
  2. Totemic: Eztli Totem, Tecuani Maul, (Air) Tecuani Pounce
Kung Lao
  1. Lotus Fist: Orbiting Hat (2), Omega Hat
  2. Hat Tricks: Guided Hat, Z Hat, (Air) Teleport
Liu Kang
  1. Luohan Quan: Shaolin Stance, Low Fireball, Dragon Parry
  2. Wu Shi Legend: Energy Parry, Dragon Fire, Dragon's Gifts
Noob
  1. Seeing Double: Ghostball, (Air) Tele-Slam, Shadow Slide
  2. Dark Sabbath: Spirit Ball, Shadow Portals, (Air) Sickle Port
Raiden
  1. Thunder Wave: Storm Call, Sparkport (2)
  2. Raijin: Electric Burst, Quick Charge, Electric Current
Scorpion
  1. Reborn: Demon Slam, Hell Port Cancel (2)
  2. Searing Rage: Death Spin, Death Spear Kombo, Burning Spear
Shao Kahn
  1. True Kahn: Ridicule, Ground Shatter, Wrath Hammer
  2. Risen Emperor: Annihilation, Up Wrath Hammer, Dark Priest
Skarlet
  1. Heart Pierce: Dagger Dance, Bloodport, Blood Ritual
  2. Blood Drive: Cell Siphon, Blood Flow (2)
Sonya
  1. No Holds Barred: (Air) Ops Drop, Krushing Kounters, (Air) Marching Orders
  2. Ring Master: Energy Rings Charge, (Air) Downward Energy Rings, K.A.T. Turret Drop
Sub-Zero
  1. Dead of Winter: Cold Shoulder, Deep Freeze (2)
  2. Thin Ice: Frigid Storm, Death-Cicle Barrage, (Air) Polar Axe

Last edited:

Comments

Have to be honest, i actually quite like it. It's a little ridiculous, but Shao is absolutely the type of guy to humiliate your corpse while he kills you in Kombat.
Johnny humiliates his opponent in both of his fatalities.

This isn't humiliation, this is just bad slapstick, IMO.

A humiliating Shao Kahn fatality would have been him walking up to you, smashing your body into the pavement with just a single blow of his hammer, and then scraping remains of your face, eyes, tongue, teeth, and other assorted entrails off his hammer with his boot.

Last edited:
Johnny humiliates his opponent in both of his fatalities.

This isn't humiliation, this is just bad slapstick.
Still have a second one to see
A humiliating Shao Kahn fatality would have been him walking up to you, smashing you into the pavement with a single blow of his hammer, and then scraping remains of your face and body off his hammer with his boot.
So far every characters have only one hype fatality, except for Johnny, but I like his first one better

The head not flying out through the buttocks (as well as the face's nonsensical direction... and the entrained spinal cord), leave it looking borderline comedic, just not quite there. The "tonk!" audio, as he hits his victim, also comes across as odd -- what's making the hollow, metallic sound: the hammer or Subzero's empty vessel of a metal (cyber?) body? :confused:

Hopefully his second (or third?) finisher is more brutal... His "Outworld History X" X-Ray in MK9 was impressive -- a Fatality in this vein would suit the Kahn.

Yuck at some of these variations. I hope they change Day 1. Kabal's optimal variation is legit one switch away if you get rid of his low projectile for hook grab. Sigh
i take it you mean the air grab hook. It was probably unbalanced to have all his hook moves in one variation. Low blades isn't terrible though. I like the first variation the chose for him. The second one needs work. Dash cancel is obviously good but why put in air blades? And hopefully air hook grab finds it's way into the second preset. I believe that one was still missing an ability.

Are this variations the tournament ones?
Most of them seems fake AF
First one seemed complete to me. The second one is probably not final. It was missing a move.

Edit: i assumed you were talking about Kabal lol. overall its probably a mix of complete ones and those that are work in progress

First one seemed complete to me. The second one is probably not final. It was missing a move.

Edit: i assumed you were talking about Kabal lol. overall its probably a mix of complete ones and those that are work in progress
I was talking about all the variations leaked.
They seem to be kustom made and told us like they are the tournament ones.
I want to see them in the CHARACTER SELECT SCREEN :coffee:

What did she become the village bicycle or something? Also it's sucky nothing really came for Jade that I've seen other than those variation peeks.
Bwaha, you don't have to kiss everyone for them to know you're a good kisser. It's just a known fact. ;P

And yeah, maybe the leaker just isn't all that interested in Jade. But fair enough, we'll find out for ourselves in less than a week now. ^^

I just realized Liu Kang is using a new move called Shaolin Stance in one of his varations. I thought it was the Nunchaku stance that we saw in the Kombat Kast. But thats a separate move. RIP 50/50 corner carry.

lol @ the dude who said "Fatalities are bad in this game" what are you smoking brah? They look amazing, Shao Kahn's first one is meh though in terms of what he does. I think he needs more without the giant meat beater.

LOL@ Frost Degeneras hahaha Oh god now everytime I see her I'm going to think of Ellen! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! But I will change her look I personally prefer Dragon Ball Ninja Frost, I'm sure she'll have options. On the shorter hair issues, just my personal opinion but I think Skarlet rocks the pixie hair the best out of all of them by far. She actually looks cute with it, though my fav hair style on her is MK 9 ponytail and the shoulder length. She looks good with almost any hair style, I think it's cause her face is really pretty.

lol @ the dude who said "Fatalities are bad in this game" what are you smoking brah? They look amazing, Shao Kahn's first one is meh though in terms of what he does. I think he needs more without the giant meat beater.

LOL@ Frost Degeneras hahaha Oh god now everytime I see her I'm going to think of Ellen! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! But I will change her look I personally prefer Dragon Ball Ninja Frost, I'm sure she'll have options. On the shorter hair issues, just my personal opinion but I think Skarlet rocks the pixie hair the best out of all of them by far. She actually looks cute with it, though my fav hair style on her is MK 9 ponytail and the shoulder length. She looks good with almost any hair style, I think it's cause her face is really pretty.
As The Blue team Member always says: Bow-Chika-Bow WOWWWW Lmao