What's new

Spoiler Thread. People officially have the game already (NO STORY SPOILERS)

Only 1 week to go and it looks like it's a reasonable time for the flood gates to be open.

The other spoiler thread was locked so I think it's a good time to make one again where people could post their spoilers.

NO STORY SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD!!!!

All Stages:

Tournament Variations!!!!!:
Baraka
  1. Marauder: Baraka Barrage, Gutted (2)
  2. Bone Picker: Blood Lunge (2), Spine Burst
Cassie
  1. Digital Soldier: (Air) Bullet Barrage, Kneecappin', Flippin' Out
  2. Yaas Queen: Shoulder Charge, BLB-118 Energy Burst (2)
Cetrion
  1. Force of Nature: Earthquake, Delay Boulder Bash, Shattering Boulder
  2. Spring Cleaning: H2 POrt, Geyser (2)
D'Vorah
  1. Buzzed: (Air) Ticking Time Bug, Strepsiptera, Parasite
  2. Arachnophobia: Deadly Swarm, Widow's Kiss (2)
Erron
  1. 52 Kard Pickup: Enhanced Locked and Loaded, Outworld Gunslinger, Scud Shot
  2. Barking Irons: Cattle Toss, TNT Toss, Enhanced Rattle Snake Slide
Geras
  1. New Era: Stepping it Back (2), Sand Pillar
  2. Infinite Warden: Quick Sand, Gauntlet of the Ages, Bed of Spikes
Jacqui
  1. 1st Round KO: Lethal Clinch, Cybernetic Override, Robo Grappler
  2. Next Gen: Grenade Launcher, (Air) Dive Bomb, Tech-Dome
Jade
  1. Emerald Defender: (Air) Razor-Rang, Upward Razor-Rang, Edenian Spark
  2. Jaded: Pole Vault, Pole Vault Cancel, Amplify Blazing Nitro Kick
Jax
  1. Grinnin' Barrett: Duck and Weave, Briggs Barricade, Ripped
  2. Hunker Down: Quad Grab, Burning Hammer, Expert Grappler
Johnny
  1. Shock Jock: Mime Time, Brass Knuckles, Caged Rage
  2. Show Stopper: Throwing Shades, Say Cheese (2)
Kabal
  1. Mean Streak: Rolling Buzzsaw, (Air) Straight Buzzin', Dash Cancel
  2. Clean Cut: Low Hook Grab, Nomad Spin, Extended Hook
Kano
  1. Ripper: Lumbar Check, Rack Off, Manhandled
  2. Dirtbag: Vege-Mighty, Molotow Cocktail, Chemical Burn
Kitana
  1. Fan-Fare: (Air) Fan Flutter, Ground War, Royal Protection
  2. Highborn: Half Blood Stance (2), Edenian Razors
Kollector
  1. Back in the Pack: Up Demonic Mace, Demonic Clutch, Fade Out
  2. Spare Change: Bag Bomb, Vial of Sorrow, Demonic Comet
Kotal
  1. Ascension: Huehhueyi, God Ray, Kahn-Cut
  2. Totemic: Eztli Totem, Tecuani Maul, (Air) Tecuani Pounce
Kung Lao
  1. Lotus Fist: Orbiting Hat (2), Omega Hat
  2. Hat Tricks: Guided Hat, Z Hat, (Air) Teleport
Liu Kang
  1. Luohan Quan: Shaolin Stance, Low Fireball, Dragon Parry
  2. Wu Shi Legend: Energy Parry, Dragon Fire, Dragon's Gifts
Noob
  1. Seeing Double: Ghostball, (Air) Tele-Slam, Shadow Slide
  2. Dark Sabbath: Spirit Ball, Shadow Portals, (Air) Sickle Port
Raiden
  1. Thunder Wave: Storm Call, Sparkport (2)
  2. Raijin: Electric Burst, Quick Charge, Electric Current
Scorpion
  1. Reborn: Demon Slam, Hell Port Cancel (2)
  2. Searing Rage: Death Spin, Death Spear Kombo, Burning Spear
Shao Kahn
  1. True Kahn: Ridicule, Ground Shatter, Wrath Hammer
  2. Risen Emperor: Annihilation, Up Wrath Hammer, Dark Priest
Skarlet
  1. Heart Pierce: Dagger Dance, Bloodport, Blood Ritual
  2. Blood Drive: Cell Siphon, Blood Flow (2)
Sonya
  1. No Holds Barred: (Air) Ops Drop, Krushing Kounters, (Air) Marching Orders
  2. Ring Master: Energy Rings Charge, (Air) Downward Energy Rings, K.A.T. Turret Drop
Sub-Zero
  1. Dead of Winter: Cold Shoulder, Deep Freeze (2)
  2. Thin Ice: Frigid Storm, Death-Cicle Barrage, (Air) Polar Axe

Last edited:

Comments

Sorry about the triple post, but also keep in-mind this artwork directly that NRS put up on their staircase:

Compare the canyons (mountains?) you see in the background the image I posted above. Looks similar.

Really my point is that I think The Pit could be in the game.

EDIT: Just looked on Reddit and saw people making the same points. I'm definitely not the only one who sees The Pit.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what Geras' move Stepping It Back is? It's a 2-slot move and it can cancel out of basic attacks like Jacqui's, but hers is a 1-slot move which makes me think Geras might have the stronger cancel ability.
Has Jax's Duck and Weave ability been mentioned on stream as well? From the description, it seems like it's pretty similar to Karin's Seppo in SFV.

I figured Kotal would have a 2-slot totem move with all of them, but it seems like they're unfortunately separate.

I can't wait to play this game and unlock Frost so I can see her moves. She looks so great I might have to co-main her along with Noob.

Does anyone know what Geras' move Stepping It Back is? It's a 2-slot move and it can cancel out of basic attacks like Jacqui's, but hers is a 1-slot move which makes me think Geras might have the stronger cancel ability.
Has Jax's Duck and Weave ability been mentioned on stream as well? From the description, it seems like it's pretty similar to Karin's Seppo in SFV.

I figured Kotal would have a 2-slot totem move with all of them, but it seems like they're unfortunately separate.

I can't wait to play this game and unlock Frost so I can see her moves. She looks so great I might have to co-main her along with Noob.
K&M talk about Stepping it Back here at about 5:22

Might be useful to bait whiff punishes or something.

So there are three "Kronika's Hourglass" arenas, but each one looks like it takes place in a different area:
  • The one in the center is obviously the area we see in the trailers and concept art released. Basically her lair.
  • The one on the left looks like it's in an area with trees. Not sure where this could be.
  • The one of the right looks like it COULD maybe be The Pit to me. Look closely, it looks almost like it takes place on a bridge.
What would the three hourglasses mean? Three timelines? Maybe we have to defeat her in three different timelines? or maybe we fight one different boss on each hourglass? (Kronika, Shao Kahn... can I say it? just once? SHINNOK)

And I hope you're right about the Pit! Having a MK without a Pit arena is like having cheeseburger without burger.

Sorry about the triple post, but also keep in-mind this artwork directly that NRS put up on their staircase:

Compare the canyons (mountains?) you see in the background the image I posted above. Looks similar.

Really my point is that I think The Pit could be in the game.
Well a secret stage would be cool yeah. The Pit is always a cool stage.

I wonder why the guy did not stream. I mean, he might have not wanted to, but does anyone know if streaming the game would get your account banned or something?

Yuck at some of these variations. I hope they change Day 1. Kabal's optimal variation is legit one switch away if you get rid of his low projectile for hook grab. Sigh

Not sure if posted, but, here's Shao Kahn's "Reverse Felch" Fatality...
---

BTW, no offence to any Ellen Degenres fans, but Frost looks GOD AWFUL!... I genuinely liked her better bald, and didn't mind her bald in the first place.

This is what you get for plebes complaining about their female characters not all looking like hentai lolies... v_v
With all hope a gear piece lets her be bald...I liked the bald look too. It has to be tied into her mask piece I guess, like with Skarlet.

Any mention of Stage Fatalities?
Weren't the MKX stage Fats' only added later, via-post-launch patches?... Perhaps because of players' dismay at them being omitted at launch...? That, and weren't there only three(3) of them to boot...? If thus is true, and given how deafeningly silent NRS have been about said trademark finishers, I'm rather concerned they're doing away with them altogether =/

I sure hope not, because the stage fatalities can potentially hold the most diverse and interesting ilk of finisher in the franchise. While char. specific finishers are fixed and grow repetitively quite quickly, stage finishers are generally more arcane to execute (mostly because stage positioning requirements) and, therefore, are seen less often -- making them feel that much more unique.

I'd actually like to see a stage Fatality for every stage in the game...
---

The design choices of these female characters is really making this game look like Injustice 2.5 . Quite disappointing if you ask me.
I just hope the game doesn't inherit the Injustice 2 offline functionality... One of my biggest pull factors for pre-ordering MK11 (aside from Kahn), was to play offline versus with the variety that customisation could afford (...even if only within the confines of a paltry, three slots). If the game cannot be played thusly, and the "customisation" is instead relegated to versus dumbot / fleeting online player mode use, I will not be able to swallow my disappointment...
---

coming to this thread and read people go crazy but every image is deleted :eek:
Stages: (open in new tab) "Variations": (open in new tab) Kahn's Fatality 1: (open in new tab)
Kahn-Kitana intro exchange:
Frost DeGeneres:

Last edited:
I wonder why the guy did not stream. I mean, he might have not wanted to, but does anyone know if streaming the game would get your account banned or something?
Even if it wouldn't get him banned, share options are disabled until release day, and he might not have a capture device.

Agreed. Not only does it look extremely goofy but it's on the character who should be least goofy of all. Hard to believe this is really the best fatality NRS could come up with to capture Shao Kahn's personality......
Have to be honest, i actually quite like it. It's a little ridiculous, but Shao is absolutely the type of guy to humiliate your corpse while he kills you in Kombat.