What's new

Video/Tutorial Sonic Pound OTG Corner Death Trap by Zyphox

Xenrail

Noob
okay are you on psn? add me well will test it out.
just do it yourself. easier without online lag

1. Training Mode
2. Select Flash as P1. Superman as P2.
3. Practice Options. Select P2.
4. AI Options. Record (as Flash)
5. Do this "OTG" with proper timing and made sure it landed.
6. Play as superman. Let Flash hit me with the pre record and then just woke up out of it.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
just do it yourself. easier without online lag

1. Training Mode
2. Select Flash as P1. Superman as P2.
3. Practice Options. Select P2.
4. AI Options. Record (as Flash)
5. Do this "OTG" with proper timing and made sure it landed.
6. Play as superman. Let Flash hit me with the pre record and then just woke up out of it.
thats what i have been doing, what do you think i have been doing this whole time? please watch the first video carefully. and the OTG one

Xenrail

Noob
thats what i have been doing, what do you think i have been doing this whole time? please watch the first video carefully. and the OTG one
in the video whoever is playing superman is mashing. even if i watch it carefully it won't change the matter of the fact

Zyphox

in the video whoever is playing superman is mashing. even if i watch it carefully it won't change the matter of the fact
no the OP video, i recorded my self as flash and i did all of that, i my self tried to wake up as grundy and stuff.

iitRueii

Noob
I dont see this as rediculous flash despreratly needs somthing like this and they can just block it as a crossover? What about people with unblockable setups, like blackadam..etc

Xenrail

Noob
I dont see this as rediculous flash despreratly needs somthing like this and they can just block it as a crossover? What about people with unblockable setups, like blackadam..etc
or the joker with teeth + armored f3. like that's fair lol.

Xenrail

Noob
i did that way before you entered the picture dude.
oh you msut be talking about one of the videos in the original post. like i said earlier you can't finalize a conclusion after testing with 1 character. all frame data is not equal among us.

Zyphox

oh you msut be talking about one of the videos in the original post. like i said earlier you can't finalize a conclusion after testing with 1 character. all frame data is not equal among us.
okay i tested it, same thing, i made the video with me as deathstroke mashing out sword spin out of a poorly timed sonic pound, then i did a well timed one and i couldn't wake up. am telling its timing man, it will be uploaded soon, just the way you asked.

keflex

Noob
Just tested it and the OTG works as described in the OP. For reference I set Flash to P2 and recorded this combo in the corner against. P1 Supes: LK (mb), 11, 11, 32, SP (mb) . No amount of mashing *or* timing flipstance+mb let me breakout of the reset with Supes, whereas (as Zyphox stated) 2+3+mb escaped every time. Whether this reset works against every character with any hard knockdown combo i can't say, but it seems to generate the results that Zyphox experienced.

Granted, I don't have 80 hours in the lab, have only played fighting games for 18 years and rarely play marvel anymore, so my experience may not be valid.

Xenrail

Noob
Just tested it and the OTG works as described in the OP. For reference I set Flash to P2 and recorded this combo in the corner against. P1 Supes: LK (mb), 11, 11, 32, SP (mb) . No amount of mashing *or* timing flipstance+mb let me breakout of the reset with Supes, whereas (as Zyphox stated) 2+3+mb escaped every time. Whether this reset works against every character with any hard knockdown combo i can't say, but it seems to generate the results that Zyphox experienced.

Granted, I don't have 80 hours in the lab, have only played fighting games for 18 years and rarely play marvel anymore, so my experience may not be valid.
yep 23 mb works. that's what i said and he can confirm that. regular stance and mb doesn't work though

iitRueii

Noob
If this gets nerfed there is no hope for flash as I dont see how this is any different to other characters unblockables? Its blockable just dont mash your wakeup? not hard

keflex

Noob
If this gets nerfed there is no hope for flash as I dont see how this is any different to other characters unblockables? Its blockable just dont mash your wakeup? not hard
Not interested in getting into this pissing match, but Supes low scoop and fs+mb don't seem to escape the reset, so unless everyone else but Xenrail is doing it wrong, I'd say it's a useful gimmick. The biggest problems are that it can be escaped with 2+3+mb and blocking the opposite direction. With 2+3+mb, forcing your opponent to use their full bar to escape a reset isn't too bad, but any wakeup motion that ends with f (such as low scoop), could inadvertently allow the opponent to block the correct way.

I'd say it's useful only up until the opponent realizes what to do, which means it's more of a gimmick than a true vortex.

Xenrail

Noob
Not interested in getting into this pissing match, but Supes low scoop and fs+mb don't seem to escape the reset, so unless everyone else but Xenrail is doing it wrong, I'd say it's a useful gimmick. The biggest problems are that it can be escaped with 2+3+mb and blocking the opposite direction. With 2+3+mb, forcing your opponent to use their full bar to escape a reset isn't too bad, but any wakeup motion that ends with f (such as low scoop), could inadvertently allow the opponent to block the correct way.
this is correct. the AI can though

Zyphox

this is correct. the AI can though
lol so you just proved my point, the only way to escape is with a super using 2+3+mb or to guess which way to block, if you block the wrong way another combo in the corner without trait, and a combo midscreen with trait for 54% and into the same situation. do you agree?

Xenrail

Noob
lol so you just proved my point, the only way to escape is with a super using 2+3+mb or to guess which way to block, if you block the wrong way another combo in the corner without trait, and a combo midscreen with trait for 54% and into the same situation. do you agree?
yes you proved my point too. you can wake up super. so this whole thing has been 50/50

Zyphox

yes you proved my point too. you can wake up super. so this whole thing has been 50/50
dude i can get this set up 3 times before you get anough meter for super....... so the entire time you have been arguing and now you concede?
here's the proof. its not a 50/50 i don't have to do this when you have full meter, the opponent has to guess everytime.

Xenrail

Noob
dude i can get this set up 3 times before you get anough meter for super....... so the entire time you have been arguing and now you concede?
here's the proof. its not a 50/50 i don't have to do this when you have full meter, the opponent has to guess everytime.
when did i ever say i conceded? i base all my information off of playing against the AI in training lab. If they can do it then it's HIGHLY likely it's possible otherwise that'd just be broken unintentional game mechanics. if i can't do it i'm sure someone else can. if you 32 and stand there for that second then players will recognize you're going for a cross up. exact same concept applies to batman players

flash also gives opponents a lot of meter with his special spams during trait.

this kind of tech isn't any different than 16-bit's killer frost's reset

Zyphox

when did i ever say i conceded? i base all my information off of playing against the AI in training lab. If they can do it then it's HIGHLY likely it's possible otherwise that'd just be broken unintentional game mechanics. if i can't do it i'm sure someone else can. if you 32 and stand there for that second then players will recognize you're going for a cross up. exact same concept applies to batman players
http://testyourmight.com/threads/aquaman-otg-after-ending-combos-in-sweep.33310/#post-895276 i kept telling you, but you don't listen, training mode bugs man.
the difference in dizzy's otg is that his is with a normal, you can't wake up from a sweep when i try to d1 your body, i explored and found that with sonic pound off on any untechable will make it so you can not wake up conventionally, do you agree with this? are you man enough to admit you were wrong?
example of training mode bug? go to training mode with shazam
put CPU to low block
do 22 HM, his HIGH command grab, it still hits.....
training mode bug.