What's new

Video/Tutorial Sonic Pound OTG Corner Death Trap by Zyphox

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
supers are not invincible. you can break it with 3 hits of armor.

oops you said wake up super.

no real test subject unless you use super man
okay i'll have my girlfriend mash out wake up super with superman to test it :) brb

Xenrail

Noob
okay i'll have my girlfriend mash out wake up super with superman to test it :) brb

i just did it myself in lab. doesn't work against superman's super.

this is with a pre record.

in case you're wondering what i did

pause 1.5 - 2 seconds with superman for (32) then i proceeded to spam 23 (mb).

obviously against the convenient setup NRS gave us with AI options wakeup On kryptonian crush. it doesn't work

SLy

Noob
I think a human should test this wake up instead of the AI just to make sure. I've been hearing that some setups in this game will catch the ai but not humans.

Xenrail

Noob
I think a human should test this wake up stead of the AI just to make sure. I've been hearing that some setups in this game will catch the side but not humans.
why would the AI be able to do something that's not within the system's limits? if they were able to it'd be a huge unintentional bug that would need to be patched.

the only thing you can account for here is human error. people's timing isn't 100% like the computer is programmed to do. that's why there's pro level, where players can nearly match that level of execution and psychology.

so yes it's safe to say this is noob friendly tech. it should work against players who don't account for online lag, mashing wakeup inputs and fail, don't know how to block, don't know how to recognize/adapt. etc

Zyphox

obviously against the convenient setup NRS gave us with AI options wakeup On kryptonian crush. it doesn't work
well wait till you see my video, you just don't have the timing, after 32 you have to almost immediately do sonic pound MB for it to work, different knockdowns have different windows, and just because you ca replicate it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. keep trying, and wait for my video, its uploading now.

Xenrail

Noob
well wait till you see my video, you just don't have the timing, after 32 you have to almost immediately do sonic pound MB for it to work, different knockdowns have different windows, and just because you ca replicate it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. keep trying, and wait for my video, its uploading now.
oh please. my execution for this exercise is 100%. i've tried all setups

Zyphox

why would the AI be able to do something that's not within the system's limits? if they were able to it'd be a huge unintentional bug that would need to be patched.

the only thing you can account for here is human error. people's timing isn't 100% like the computer is programmed to do. that's why there's pro level, where players can nearly match that level of execution and psychology.

so yes it's safe to say this is noob friendly tech. it should work against players who don't account for online lag, mashing wakeup inputs and fail, don't know how to block, don't know how to recognize/adapt. etc
i love how your convinced you can wake up from this when i guarantee that your not doing it right. hopefully my video changes your opinion, and follow how i did the otg, then maybe you can replicate it yourself.

Zyphox

oh please. my execution for this exercise is 100%. i've tried all setups
show me, get your phone out and record, i have proof in 5 minutes that you are wrong and have no clue about the timing.

Xenrail

Noob
i love how your convinced you can wake up from this when i guarantee that your not doing it right. hopefully my video changes your opinion, and follow how i did the otg, then maybe you can replicate it yourself.
if i see your video hitting superman before the "wake up" notation appears near his meter i'm going to shut it off. because then i'm going to know your video is completely biased. even with extremely early timing. moderately early timing. ok timing, it should always whiff his wake up super

Zyphox

if i see your video hitting superman before the "wake up" notation appears near his meter i'm going to shut it off. because then i'm going to know your video is completely biased. even with extremely early timing. moderately early timing. ok timing, it should always whiff his wake up super
no thats the point of an OTG bro, it doesn't let you wake up at all, its not stuffing it, its On The Ground!!!!! go play tekken, thats an OTG game.

Xenrail

Noob
show me, get your phone out and record, i have proof in 5 minutes that you are wrong and have no clue about the timing.
lol. i know my timing because i've practiced the reverse corner reset tech for hours in a day before. sometimes it would completely whiff and they'd be spaced out and i'd be placed in the corner. i wanted to prevent that from happening so i practiced for HOURS trying all types of setups.

i have over 2000 games as Flash, over 15 years of experience in fighting games, and over 80 hours in the lab and you're telling my timing is off?

ok

Zyphox

lol. i know my timing because i've practiced the reverse corner reset tech for hours in a day before. sometimes it would completely whiff and they'd be spaced out and i'd be placed in the corner. i wanted to prevent that from happening so i practiced for HOURS trying all types of setups.

i have over 2000 games as Flash, over 15 years of experience in fighting games, and over 80 hours in the lab and you're telling my timing is off?

ok
yes

Zyphox

UMVC3 is a real OTG game. go play a real game.
you didn't answer my ? are you trying to stuff the wake up or are you trying to OTG? i bet your trying to stuff the wake up and htats were you are fucking up, this is literally and OTG, not a wake up stuff, that mean that you can't wake up from it, and you have to block it.

Xenrail

Noob
you didn't answer my ? are you trying to stuff the wake up or are you trying to OTG? i bet your trying to stuff the wake up and htats were you are fucking up, this is literally and OTG, not a wake up stuff, that mean that you can't wake up from it, and you have to block it.
I AM DOING THE OTG AHEAD OF TIME. RIGHT AFTER THE 32 IM ALREADY IN THE AIR BEFORE THEY IHT THE GROUND.

pardon the caps but it's hard getting you to comprehend "I. Have. Tried. All. Timing"

Zyphox

this is from someone who thinks

sonic pound (mb) xx trait xx dash xx LK (4) xx b2 xx LK xx b22f3 xx LC is hard OFFLINE LOL.

i do trait xx dash xx LK 4 xx b22 xx LK xx b22f3 xx LC CONSISTENTLY online
so do i dude whats your point? LOL you are starting to get on my nerves, going out of your way entirely when you are wrong smh

Zyphox

I AM DOING THE OTG AHEAD OF TIME. RIGHT AFTER THE 32 IM ALREADY IN THE AIR BEFORE THEY IHT THE GROUND.

pardon the caps but it's hard getting you to comprehend "I. Have. Tried. All. Timing"
okay to avoid future PROBLEMS just simply record you doing it, because i am able to do it, so how are you not?

Xenrail

Noob
so do i dude whats your point? LOL you are starting to get on my nerves, going out of your way entirely when you are wrong smh
you're getting on my nerves. you're the type of dude who will straight up ignore authentic credentials and believe someone's word if they worked in the field for 4 years and hated it there.

Xenrail

Noob
okay to avoid future PROBLEMS just simply record you doing it, because i am able to do it, so how are you not?
because your testing sessions are biased. you're uploading the garbage where they're not even "waking up" and just showing the part where your just "OTGing" as you so much love to call it. It's essentially hitting for free because when you're mashing, and don't get the wakeup, you're NOT blocking.

THIS IS WHY THE AI IS ACCURATE

Zyphox

23 MB works thats the point dude, read dizzy's thread only 2+3+mb can get out, but not any wake up or any super using a short cut like flip stance and MB.

SLy

Noob

so yes it's safe to say this is noob friendly tech. it should work against players who don't account for online lag, mashing wakeup hardbin inputs and fail, don't know how to block, don't know how to recognize/adapt. etc
Bro Idk what in the world are you talking about

I was saying that there are certain setups in this game that the ai can't escape that a human can. All I said was test the setup of you blocking the setup and doing a wake up attack just in case.

Xenrail

Noob
23 MB works thats the point dude, read dizzy's thread only 2+3+mb can get out, but not any wake up or any super using a short cut like flip stance and MB.
ok then. discussion over. you can get out of this. it is techable.

for the people who use pads, start using 23 (mb) instead of 2 buttons then.

now. for the next testing phase. use frame-invincible wake up specials.

we tried it your way now try mine

Xenrail

Noob
Bro Idk what in the world are you talking about

I was saying that there are certain setups in this game that the ai can't escape that a human can. All I said was test the setup of you blocking the setup and doing a wake up attack just in case.

in that case you're dissenting zyphox's point of this tech being "untechable" and reinforced my point

Zyphox

you're getting on my nerves. you're the type of dude who will straight up ignore authentic credentials and believe someone's word if they worked in the field for 4 years and hated it there.
whatever dude idgaf anymore i'll upload the video, say what you want, you ignorance is getting me tired, the entire point of this is to wake up from it, its a cross up of course you can block it, i said that in my video....wait did you even watch the entire video? the point is sonic pound OTG in a way that you can't wake up ok, maybe i wasn't clear before, these sets up don't allow wake up attack, you can however block them, are you still unclear as to what this is?