What's new

Video/Tutorial Sonic Pound OTG Corner Death Trap by Zyphox

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Before anything else, TYM thanks Zyphox for his relentless movement towards promoting productive knowledge on his character from Injustice, the Flash. Inspired by the sweep tech introduced by GGA Dizzy since last week, Zyphox has incorporated that concept into an OTG (on/off the ground) corner trap known as the Sonic Pound. Read Zyphox's post in italics and then check out his videos to learn more!

Thanks to GGA Dizzy for bringing forth the sweep OTG tech, this makes the Flash really good until patched. only way to escape is hope the Flash doesn't time his OTG Sonic Pound cross over well, block it, or super using 2+3+MB. The Sonic Pound is a true OTG and it makes it so that you can't wake up after an untechable knockdown. If your timing is right, this will work 100% of the time, so I repeat: SONIC POUND IS A TRUE OTG. Yay!

DGOD PSYCHO
Hellion_96
LEGEND
CD jr he has some dirt now, or does he still suck?
Mikemetroid make him your main now :)

Attachments

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
I don't even main The Flash but I hope this stays.

Compliments on sticking with your character and finding new tech to make him as viable as possible instead of demanding nerfs/buffs.

Zyphox

I don't even main The Flash but I hope this stays.

Compliments on sticking with your character and finding new tech to make him as viable as possible instead of demanding nerfs/buffs.
it will stay because i think the OTG properties are from the sonic pound not the sweep, am uploading another video which shows this from a 32 untechable knockdown not a sweep.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
it will stay because i think the OTG properties are from the sonic pound not the sweep, am uploading another video which shows this from a 32 untechable knockdown not a sweep.
Interesting. If that's the case, I'm very excited to see where the Flash goes with this. It looks incredibly dangerous.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Can they wakeup after a 11, 11, 11, normal sonic pound ?

Flash really remind me Jax in the corner lol.

Zyphox

Interesting. If that's the case, I'm very excited to see where the Flash goes with this. It looks incredibly dangerous.
it is parrying this with the 32 sonic pound vortex, you can end every combo in it and potential making your combo a one touch death.

Zyphox

Can they wakeup after a 11, 11, 11, normal sonic pound ?
i am not sure, i think its more of the sonic pound being an OTG than the sweep not allowing wake ups, 2nd video is coming out show casing this now.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Can you not block backwards to block this? I don't know where sonic pound hits.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Awesome shit! But still doesn't help him to much because not only do you have to have two bars of meter for that insane damage, you have to use your trait. You also have to get up close and stay there...

Good thing you guys can't be zone- ohp.

I like Flash but I don't really have a good feel with him, he isn't as fluid as I would like.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
I gotta check if the b2, 2, f3, df1 MB, d2, b3, f3 knockdown into sonic pound (far) reset, dash, d2, b2, 2, f3, db3 is legit midscreen lol.

Zyphox

Can you not block backwards to block this? I don't know where sonic pound hits.

no its a cross over, you have to block forwards, and if blocked flash is +11 on block so yes you can block, but the flash can also do close ground pound and its not a cross up....so vortex :)

Zyphox

I gotta check if the b2, 2, f3, df1 MB, d2, b3, f3 knockdown into sonic pound (far) reset, dash, d2, b2, 2, f3, db3 is legit midscreen lol.
uploading one touch of death combo using this :)

Ninj

no its a cross over, you have to block forwards, and if blocked flash is +11 on block so yes you can block, but the flash can also do close ground pound and its not a cross up....so vortex :)
A vortex is when you force your opponent to commit to a 50/50 guess. If they guess wrong, then they are put back into the exact same guessing situation until they make the right guess.

I haven't practiced looking at the differences between animation of his far/close sonic pound - are you able to tell if it's close or far based on the animation?

Zyphox

A vortex is when you force your opponent to commit to a 50/50 guess. If they guess wrong, then they are put back into the exact same guessing situation until they make the right guess.

I haven't practiced looking at the differences between animation of his far/close sonic pound - are you able to tell if it's close or far based on the animation?

yes in the video am doing regular sonic pound, if you don't want it to cross up you can do close sonic pound its land like a foot in front of the flash in front of your opponent.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Nice! I think all OTGs are being fixed though. I dunno for sure though. All I asked Paulo was if the OTGs were being patched and he said yeah.

Also, you can OTG with dash up d1 after lightning charge, so currently if you think they will go for a wakeup you can d1d2 xx LK, otherwise do f2 xx LK. So the 50/50 mixup becomes even better since one of them is inescapable (aside from 2+3+MB super). This is what I was using with flash when I played him in casuals this weekend. (I think some flash players may have been doing it accidentally before now just naturally doing their 50/50 though, lol)

Ninj

yes in the video am doing regular sonic pound, if you don't want it to cross up you can do close sonic pound its land like a foot in front of the flash in front of your opponent.
Does sonic pound hit overhead or mid?

Didn't answer my question about whether it's visually easy to tell whether it's close/far sonic pound.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
It changes direction at the very last time. The far sonic pound is reaching further than a jump in distance but at firt it doesn't look like.

Depends when, where and on what characters. After a b2, 2, f3, sonic pound on block, batman will get a crossup overhead. Against black adam, the normal/far sonic pound will hit in front.
In the corner, when you are on the ground, the normal one is a tight crossup that only wakeup can save you from (reset). It crossups against more char on block/crouch in the corner.
It really depends of the situation.

Zyphox

Didn't answer my question about whether it's visually easy to tell whether it's close/far sonic pound.

yes visually it will change, and yes its an overhead the far goes past jump distance regular is the one in the video and close is literally infront of your opponent, in front of the flash.

Ninj

yes visually it will change, and yes its an overhead the far goes past jump distance regular is the one in the video and close is literally infront of your opponent, in front of the flash.
Interesting. Sounds like a fairly strong mixup that's unfortunately getting patched at some point. Not a vortex though unless I'm missing a way for flash to put the opponent into the same guessing game.

Zyphox

Interesting. Sounds like a fairly strong mixup that's unfortunately getting patched at some point. Not a vortex though unless I'm missing a way for flash to put the opponent into the same guessing game.

watch the 2nd and 3rd video once i do a cross up you can see the cross up version elavates them above your head on hit, the non cross up version hits you away and with trait midscreen you can get them into vortex situation, corner every time you hit either you can 11 11 11 sweep into vortex, watch the entire first video i do it there.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
If the Flash is at close range, and hitting on block to finish with his sonic pound, you actually can AA it with d2. Some of my friends did it on reaction (aquaman, superman) even if they couldn't react at time constantly.

Ninj : too bad we're not in the same char kommuauty anymore :p
RedRaptor10 : I would need you for some trap data advantage ;p

♥