What's new

Video/Tutorial Sonic Pound OTG Corner Death Trap by Zyphox

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
If the Flash is at close range, and hitting on block to finish with his sonic pound, you actually can AA it with d2. Some of my friends did it on reaction (aquaman, superman) even if they couldn't react at time constantly.

Ninj : too bad we're not in the same char kommuauty anymore :p
RedRaptor10 : I would need you for some trap data advantage ;p

♥
man this OTG is so sick, this makes him almost as deadly as cyrax LOL

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
mid screen I would just hold forward to block the far sonic pound (cross over) since the front one knocks me too far away for flash to continue pressure.

Seems like a 50/50 in the corner, possibly a deadly one if you can't trait in the middle of a corner reset.

I noticed you did mb a wakeup one time. curious to know if you actually just have to time the wakeup instead of mashing. I'll do some testing later if I have time.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Zyphox

mid screen I would just hold forward to block the far sonic pound (cross over) since the front one knocks me too far away for flash to continue pressure.

Seems like a 50/50 in the corner, possibly a deadly one if you can't trait in the middle of a corner reset.

I noticed you did mb a wakeup one time. curious to know if you actually just have to time the wakeup instead of mashing. I'll do some testing later if I have time.

midscreen if i hit up with non cross up MB sonic pound i can also trait and do 50%, without trait i can dash up and sweep into the set up again :)

Xenrail

Noob
Nice! I think all OTGs are being fixed though. I dunno for sure though. All I asked Paulo was if the OTGs were being patched and he said yeah.

Also, you can OTG with dash up d1 after lightning charge, so currently if you think they will go for a wakeup you can d1d2 xx LK, otherwise do f2 xx LK. So the 50/50 mixup becomes even better since one of them is inescapable (aside from 2+3+MB super). This is what I was using with flash when I played him in casuals this weekend. (I think some flash players may have been doing it accidentally before now just naturally doing their 50/50 though, lol)
if this is true then flash is gonna die as a character. if you're talking about d12 stuffing wakeups then it's true it can. it depends on the timing, but some wakeups have true invincibility frames. for ex i can stuff doomsday supernova/earthshake wakeup but not venom/upward venom with a dash in fast d12 or slightly delayed d12.
midscreen if i hit up with non cross up MB sonic pound i can also trait and do 50%, without trait i can dash up and sweep into the set up again :)
this would be mindlessly wasting meter though

This is also old tech from here.

Minus the knowledge about d3 and 32

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
if this is true then flash is gonna die as a character
I think thats a little harsh considering this tech was just revealed today, lol

I personally think the OTGs are dumb and need to go, especially GL's b13 after lift

Xenrail

Noob

I personally think the OTGs are dumb and need to go, especially GL's b13 after lift
no this tech is not new. i've been using this for nearly over a month now.

batman's parry and slide are immune to this tech. i'm not sure about a d3/32 setup though i'm about to test it right now

here's the old thread revealing tech by rottenmilk. this is one of flash's main selling points. it's hard enough already to get in

LEGEND

YES!

if they do fix the OTGs lets hope they fix them for interactables too. That would eliminate alot of the reset combo BS with things like the metropolis car and the Blue rooftop drone and its braindead 100% combos

Zyphox

if this is true then flash is gonna die as a character. if you're talking about d12 stuffing wakeups then it's true it can. it depends on the timing, but some wakeups have true invincibility frames. for ex i can stuff doomsday supernova/earthshake wakeup but not venom/upward venom with a dash in fast d12 or slightly delayed d12.

this would be mindlessly wasting meter though

This is also old tech from here.

Minus the knowledge about d3 and 32
yeah this is where it started, but with the knowledge of knowing 100% otg using midscreen sets up into 100% combos, thats what i did here. now that we know for a fact you can't wake up look at my 3 other videos, thats what happens :) that guy was doing it off a LK ender in the corner, i should have explored this with untechable when he made that video, i would have had devastating OTG's at ect 5, but ah well.

Xenrail

Noob
yeah this is where it started, but with the knowledge of knowing 100% otg using midscreen sets up into 100% combos, thats what i did here. now that we know for a fact you can't wake up look at my 3 other videos, thats what happens :) that guy was doing it off a LK ender in the corner, i should have explored this with untechable when he made that video, i would have had devastating OTG's at ect 5, but ah well.
yeah the knowledge d3 and 32 just opens up more possibilities with this tech instead of just the corner. that's the only pro here

SaJa

FH_FenriR

Are you going to play the flash ? :>

Zyphox

yeah the knowledge d3 and 32 just opens up more possibilities with this tech instead of just the corner. that's the only pro here
actually all untechable knockdowns have a window to OTG with sonic pound, thats the pro here :)

Xenrail

Noob
anyways like i said earlier. once you learn to recognize this tech just block the crossup and voila flash is out of 1 meter for free. spacing is awkward so he can't do anything else except a b22 to follow up his advantage unless you're in the corner (unless you crossup). the meterburn sonic pound startup frames are are also SLOWER than the regular sonic pound so you can block on reaction.

Xenrail

Noob
UPDATE

just labbed. once again, please stop overhypeing "new" tech and making bold claims saying a nerf might be justified here. this is not untechable. it's character specific. your sample range was minute with grundy being the dummy (have you tried his true invincibility frames wakeup? CLEAVER SPIN. no? well lemme lemme inform you he techs out if it). batman can wakeup with parry and counter it (out of a meter) or it will whiff. he can avoid it by using batman slide.

this will body wakeups that you can stuff. but if this is the case, i'd rather hit them with a 50/50 instead of chancing with a meter

Zyphox

UPDATE

just labbed. once again, please stop overhypeing "new" tech and making bold claims saying a nerf might be justified here. this is not untechable. it's character specific. your sample range was minute with grundy being the dummy. batman can wakeup with parry and counter it (out of a meter) or it will whiff. he can avoid it by using batman slide.

this will body wakeups that you can stuff. but if this is the case, i'd rather hit them with a 50/50 instead of chancing with a meter
UPDATE time in right and we can't wake up period, and the CPU will always wake up attack, you have to do it yourself to test it.

Xenrail

Noob
the timing on wakeup windows are uniform throughout all characters. the only variable factor is dependent on the knockdown

Zyphox

all time up windows are the same
you want me to make a video? if you can super out of it with the triggers not 2+3+MB then you can wake up from it, but if you time it "right" they can do either, but i'll make the video just to show you, i love people who go out of there way to disprove tech.

Xenrail

Noob
i'm not going out of my way to disprove tech. it's my experience with over 80 hours in the lab. anyways i'm doing this all in the flash's best interests

edit: go ahead and make a video. make sure you have a real person testing the wakeups instead of a pre record. also make sure they're familiar with true invincibility wakeups. use doomsday as a dummy. his upward venom and forward venom are pretty easy to do on wakeup. same with superman's low scoop, upward grab, and flying punch. ares/shazam teleport. deathstroke's ballerina spin, etc

Zyphox

i'm not going out of my way to disprove tech. it's my experience with over 80 hours in the lab.

edit: go ahead and make a video. make sure you have a real person testing the wakeups instead of a pre record. also make sure they're familiar with true invincibility wakeups. use doomsday as a dummy. his upward venom and forward venom are pretty easy to do on wakeup. same with superman's low scoop, upward grab, and flying punch
dizzy is the one who came up with pre record and try to wake up, and check was the one who said that it worked, so am going on their word that pre recorded combos and you yourself trying to wake up from it works just like in game, and so far it does, sorry dude but its true, its and OTG and when i time it right in matches it works as well.

Xenrail

Noob
dizzy is the one who came up with pre record and try to wake up, and check was the one who said that it worked, so am going on their word that pre recorded combos and you yourself trying to wake up from it works just like in game, and so far it does, sorry dude but its true, its and OTG and when i time it right in matches it works as well.
whatever you say. just don't takei it personal. from my experience in online ranked, i've went up against some good players who were able to wakeup out of it. granted NOT many players because people are unfamiliar with flash tech, but the players that were able to recognize.

also testing off a session with a pre record is not ample time to make an ultimatum. and going off hearsay from old school mk players is completely partial

Zyphox

whatever you say. just don't takei it personal. from my experience in online ranked, i've went up against some good players who were able to wakeup out of it. granted NOT many players because people are unfamiliar with flash tech, but the players that were able to recognize.

also testing off a session with a pre record is not ample time to make an ultimatum. and going off hearsay from old school mk players is completely partial
but also going by online ranked, key word Online, isn't much better tbh. if you time it right i believe you cannot wake up no matter what.
edit: i'll have my girl friend mash super while i try it on her and record it you you okay :)

Xenrail

Noob
but also going by online ranked, key word Online, isn't much better tbh. if you time it right i believe you cannot wake up no matter what.
edit: i'll have my girl friend mash super while i try it on her and record it you you okay :)
please. dear god. do your testing session under MY guidelines

Xenrail

Noob
which are??????
make sure they're familiar with true invincibility wakeups. use doomsday as a dummy. his upward venom and forward venom are pretty easy to do on wakeup. same with superman's low scoop, upward grab, and flying punch. ares/shazam teleport. deathstroke's ballerina spin, etc
oh and dont use your girlfriend. unless shes familiar with basic button inputs

Zyphox

i can just do super, there is nothing more invincible than a wake up super because it activates at 1 frame, but i will try both since my girlfriend doesn't play fighting games its kind of hard you know? am using the short cut super, not the 2+3+mb super. because shortcut super is like a regular invincible wake up according to dizzy. while the 2+3+mb super defies logic lol.

Xenrail

Noob
i can just do super, there is nothing more invincible than a wake up super because it activates at 1 frame, but i will try both since my girlfriend doesn't play fighting games its kind of hard you know? am using the short cut super, not the 2+3+mb super. because shortcut super is like a regular invincible wake up according to dizzy. while the 2+3+mb super defies logic lol.
supers are not invincible. you can break it with 3 hits of armor.

oops you said wake up super.

no real test subject unless you use super man