What's new

So what game will NRS develop next?

The next game is...

• Injustice 2

Votes: 147 78.6%
  • MK vs DC 2

Votes: 13 7.0%
  • Terror Dome (Movies horror characters Kombat)

Votes: 15 8.0%
  • Other type of game (Hack and Slash style ala Shaolin Monks?)

Votes: 12 6.4%

• Total voters

Desperdicio

Tell me, do you bleed?
I think it will be Injustice 2, but I'd like Mortal Kombat X to last. Street Fighter IV was played for six years. Something like that would be great.

Isn't it confirmed they were developing Injustice 2? Pretty sure that is next.

I guess I can think of what they may have after Injustice 2.

With Freddy in MK9 and then Jason, Leatherface, and Alien in MKX, it's pretty feasible they've been testing the waters for a horror themed fighting game. I wouldn't be too surprised if this is the case.

You definitely can't take for granted NRS's relationship to WB when adding DLC. I have very little doubt that Leatherface was added because he is getting a standalone origin film this year. I don't believe WB is directly involved in the film but his inclusion may have certainly warranted an advertisement expense.

DC is really active in media now with a whole slew of movies coming out, so it's reeeeally hard to imagine Injustice 2 not being A Thing- but there's still plenty of room left to the imagination what it will look like. I personally really like the hero selection of the new DC Heroes show.

Firestorm
Atom
Rip Hunter
Hawkgirl
Hawkman
Black Canary (now "white canary" apparently)

Then add on characters with existing shows
Supergirl
Green Arrow
Flash

Then the Obligatory Big Three
Superman
Wonder Woman
Batman

Yup, pretty much already enough to have the entire heroes side of the cast filled out purely by characters active on television.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Doesn't matter to me.

No matter what game comes, I'll get my weak grappler with lots of tech potential and hidden strength that inevitably gets overbuffed.

Arzumis

Noob
Injustice 2 with other non dc comic book heroes as guests would be godlike. Maybe spawn, imagine marvel characters?

GOL Eklectic

Surrender, it's over.
Since capcom supposedly lost the contract with marvel, I think they'd try to do dc vs marvel and continue supporting mkx as long as they can.

trufenix

bye felicia
Yes, it would.

Unfortunately getting Marvel and DC to work together towards this happening would only be slightly less difficult than resolving the Israeli/Palestinian conflict.
WB has been making Marvel games for a while not, and with Star Wars making Disney ass over fist they definitely have some leeway financially. Its not impossible.

LeoMK29

Noob
I want MK11, but would settle with Injustice 2. Another SM MK style game would be cool too. I would not buy the other options.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Injustice 2 or some type of new DC Comics fighting game. A tag based fighting game would be cool.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
I doubt they'll bring the namesake back, but MK vs DC sold alot more the Injustice ever did.
Did it? Do you have a source? I can't find anything about the final sales figures for I:GAU, just that it sold 424,000 in its first month, and stayed in the top 10 for the next 2 months. MK vs DC apparently moved 1.8 million copies in a year, but I can't really say if I:GAU topped that or not in the same time frame.

Also, please let it be Injustice 2. I:GAU was my first serious fighting game and first love, broken, crazy stuff and all.

RexxyC

what's done is done
Didn't they confirm Injustice is returning like last year? Hopefully it's MK2 to Injustices MK1

HanSolo

Noob
I wasn't around for Injustice so I'll happily take injustice 2... I'm a marvel man though, so I'll take marvel chars over DC any day.