What's new

So what game will NRS develop next?

The next game is...

• Injustice 2

Votes: 147 78.6%
  • MK vs DC 2

Votes: 13 7.0%
  • Terror Dome (Movies horror characters Kombat)

Votes: 15 8.0%
  • Other type of game (Hack and Slash style ala Shaolin Monks?)

Votes: 12 6.4%

• Total voters

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
Because it's awesome. It's an elseworld thing, it's not canon in any way that affects regular DC lore. There's no twisting and raping the image here, Red Son is another elseworld story about a Soviet raised Superman who is evil enough and it's really good. It's the same thing, it's a fun what if scenario. Honestly the story of the actual game is pretty meh, but the comic showing the story before was loads of fun. It also shows you Superman's change into a tyrant, if you just play the game you might think he just was born a dick. It's kind of fallen off, but there's some great moments. It's over the top, doesn't take it self to seriously and is loads of fun.
Dropping Injustice comics was one of the best decisions in my life.

There is too much assholish Superman lately, even in BvS teasers he sounds nothing like Superman I grew up with. Such a douche, threatning Batman with death (seriously? Superman threatening with death? Out of all hero characters? Ugh). I thought that movie was suppose to acquaint new generation with Superman, but he is not even Superman to begin with, at least not how Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster originated him in the first place. Superman is suppose to be the hero people look up to, who is nice and polite even with his enemies, always seeks for good in others, always tries to help and puts well being of others in front of him all the time. Where is this Superman today?

New52 Superman sucks as well. So immature, sometimes even selfish enough to risk lives of others to keep his secret identity. Bleh.

In general there is no decent video games with good Superman at all, some open world where there is always random events around the globe where you can fly or speed run in order to save the day. But once we have a great DC fighting game, it's story makes Superman a villain. THE ONLY THING that saved Injustice from getting 0 out of 10 is because Regime Superman was defeated by good and more canonical Superman, not Batman as it usually happens and thank God for at least that. Unfortunately that good Superman wasn't too much in the story and I doubt he will be in Injustice 2 and NRS/WB/DC are probably not going to redeeme Regime Superman through some meeting with Lois Lane from another world who would remind him what it means to be Superman again, like that episode on Superman cartoon series:

So I'm not holding my breath for Injustice 2, unless Regime Superman is going to be redeemed (at least through death, cause he caused enough of it himself) or if good Superman is going to play a major role not only in a form of final chapter.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
1, meaning most of the characters walkspeeds in the game were really slow, like aquaman by far was the one who had what would be considered a normal walk speed by comparison to just about any other fighting games
3. The main problem with with batgirl is that she had a million different ways to keep you guessing all while not having any real downside to her at all. Basically it boiled down to, the more creative you are with this character, the more likely you are to win. Not even Quan chi is like that, as strong as his offense is. it doesnt give him quite as many ways to mix you up as it did for her. And he has a crummy defence to boot. And you kinda know what quan chi is going to be trying to do to you. BG on the other hand, she had quite a few ambiguous options to keep u in her vortex. Sure some characters may not translate well over to new installments, but no matter how u slice it, i can't see all the shit she had existing in any way shape or form and manage to NOT be (soap bar in my mouth). Just saying :p

4. I was talking about Killer frosts slide. i may be a bit off on the range of it a bit, but it does go pretty far. And you can't really react to it.

5. Martian manhunters OH teleport against majority of the cast was indeed just that.

6. injustice being injustice and hype comebacks are poor arguments to make for keeping a system that essentially makes it easier for the player who's already doing well, to be given an even bigger advantage.

7. Simple, because the breaker system is just flat out better, to me the clash just seems like a mad science experiment that got approved because its "cool" and "different". You get one chance to break a combo for the entire match, and if your opponent has more meter than you, they can essentially punish you for attempting to do that.

8. No, but they shouldnt just be able to bulldoze it all either, if u didnt get it, i was referring to bane.

10. I was referencing situations like the Zod vs Lex matchup. isnt that like a 9-1 or something? i remember hearing it was really bad.

don't get me wrong i like injustice, but thers a lot of really dumb stuff in it that shouldnt return in the sequel.
1) I personally don't mind that since it forced you to find other ways to get in, not to mention dashes were pretty godlike in that game with how far they went
2) yeah but my argument is still kenshi, just because a character was broken at one point doesn't mean that they will be broken in the next game, batgirls playstyle could DRAMATICALLY change
3) fair enough although killer Friday wasn't that great, it was one of the few things that made her viable
4) I completely forgot about that fair enough
5) alright well it is just another style, I honestly don't see what the problem is with 2 health bars, and it fits very very well with the clash system and since you could do so much damage you are never really out of the game unless you put yourself in the mindset of you are out
6) in injustices case no breakers are not better, the game is very well designed around the clash since you had to use it wisely, you had to learn new combos that were unclashable that were much much weaker allowing the opponent to have an advantage over you of having a constant fear of the clash so they are reluctant to spend meter so they minimalize the health you get back. And it also kept you in the game if you are a health bar down. As I said, the game is very well designed around it, if there were breakers than come backs would be damn near impossible and a meta would be taken away. I don't like the clash system because it is "new and innovative" I like it because it feels and fits VERY well in injustices system
7) block and if it is a grapple then backdash, they knocked you down and it is his chance to start up his oki, you are on defense.
8) and I was somewhat agreeing b with you, but I was saying instead of completely getting rid of it, they need to balance it better.
9) I like numbering things.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
1) I personally don't mind that since it forced you to find other ways to get in, not to mention dashes were pretty godlike in that game with how far they went
2) yeah but my argument is still kenshi, just because a character was broken at one point doesn't mean that they will be broken in the next game, batgirls playstyle could DRAMATICALLY change
3) fair enough although killer Friday wasn't that great, it was one of the few things that made her viable
4) I completely forgot about that fair enough
5) alright well it is just another style, I honestly don't see what the problem is with 2 health bars, and it fits very very well with the clash system and since you could do so much damage you are never really out of the game unless you put yourself in the mindset of you are out
6) in injustices case no breakers are not better, the game is very well designed around the clash since you had to use it wisely, you had to learn new combos that were unclashable that were much much weaker allowing the opponent to have an advantage over you of having a constant fear of the clash so they are reluctant to spend meter so they minimalize the health you get back. And it also kept you in the game if you are a health bar down. As I said, the game is very well designed around it, if there were breakers than come backs would be damn near impossible and a meta would be taken away. I don't like the clash system because it is "new and innovative" I like it because it feels and fits VERY well in injustices system
7) block and if it is a grapple then backdash, they knocked you down and it is his chance to start up his oki, you are on defense.
8) and I was somewhat agreeing b with you, but I was saying instead of completely getting rid of it, they need to balance it better.
9) I like numbering things.

theres nothing you can say that'll make me agree that what bane had was a good thing and is something that should return. sorry xD.

MrProfDrPepper

tremor also doesnt have mobile armor combined with a command grab like bane does, crystalize is nothiing like banes venom boost.
Tremor can also blow up your armor and get a massive punish, hell even wake up block is hard since it is an over head to a low in quick succession, chances are on oki your going to take a solid 30-35% into another hard knockdown for another oki setup, I would say that tremors okie game is way more dangerous

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Tremor can also blow up your armor and get a massive punish, hell even wake up block is hard since it is an over head to a low in quick succession, chances are on oki your going to take a solid 30-35% into another hard knockdown for another oki setup, I would say that tremors okie game is way more dangerous
still, besides im not the only one who'se felt that way about bane.

all the reasons i mentioned are basically why i dont really play injustice much now, i prefer mkx much more. I would be happy to see the next incarnation of injustice to learn from many of the firsts misteps.

MrProfDrPepper

still, besides im not the only one who'se felt that way about bane.

all the reasons i mentioned are basically why i dont really play injustice much now, i prefer mkx much more. I would be happy to see the next incarnation of injustice to learn from many of the firsts misteps.
I personally love the way injustice was and the only real thing I want changed is the intractables being able to be blocked, but that being said, I also love mkx, basically I love all nrs games equally and for different reasons

Gofer_MK_

Banned
I want an semi open world game where you play as Kano, taking on mercenary contracts, hitmen stuff, and expanding guns and drug business on the side.xD

Spooky Deadeye

Project-6 β
Injustice 2. I have a strong feeling about it, and i just think with all the DC Tv shows giving out every week and comics. I think Injustice 2 is already underway.

Somea2V

Thread Referee
Injustice 2, obviously. But hire a hardcore fan boy with some tact and restraint (for sake of argument, me) to write the story. Alternate universe iconic hero as perspectiveless villain has been a bit overdone in the past seventy years.

We focus on a feasible conflict that has sense but is between iconic, non-milked characters. Something like the Earth-2 Darkseid Wars or even a Golden Age tale relying on the Justice Society and old school Jay Garrick, Al Pratt, Alan Scott and the crew.

MrProfDrPepper

Compared to other 2d fighters? It's still closer to MK than anything else.

Consider how different something like Marvel 3 feels compared to SF4.
Marvel feels like if sf4 did a line of cocaine and the developers decided to go apeshit yet still managed to create a coherent game

Considering MKXL is at the door, it may be clear that NRS has finished their project with MKX, so it makes you think for a while, what will NRS develop next?

Will it be Injustice 2?
Will NRS do another MK vs DC? I wonder who that would turn out.
Or maybe NRS will finally take this chance and make a horror based fighting game?

Speculate and discuss.
mkxl kp3 hopefully

KrstffrMunk

Bane/Black Manta/Captain Cold
I'm sure Injustice 2 is underway, I just hope they'll stray away from the gloomy feel the first one had. It was way too desaturated for my tastes.

Also how cool would Guilty Gear Xrd-like cell shading look in the DC Comics style? Very. It's not really the way NRS (or WB) seems to be rolling, though.