What's new

So what game will NRS develop next?

The next game is...

• Injustice 2

Votes: 147 78.6%
  • MK vs DC 2

Votes: 13 7.0%
  • Terror Dome (Movies horror characters Kombat)

Votes: 15 8.0%
  • Other type of game (Hack and Slash style ala Shaolin Monks?)

Votes: 12 6.4%

• Total voters

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Considering MKXL is at the door, it may be clear that NRS has finished their project with MKX, so it makes you think for a while, what will NRS develop next?

Will it be Injustice 2?
Will NRS do another MK vs DC? I wonder who that would turn out.
Or maybe NRS will finally take this chance and make a horror based fighting game?

Speculate and discuss.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Unless I missed a confirmation somewhere, I don't think they're going with Injustice 2.

Honestly I hope it isn't.

I'd be fine with NRS having MK as their mainstay series and switching out into different territories on their in-between games instead of just rotating between MK and DC stuff.

I could imagine some sort of horror fighter from them. They have the skill and the ability to get the characters if they want. And so far they've(except LeatherFace who isn't out yet) been selling well so the demand is there whether guest haters like it or not.

IDEALLY they wouldn't even do another straight fighter for there next game, and give us something different like another Shaolin Monks style game, or perhaps a large multiplayer arena fighter(something more bombastic and fun, and less hardcore like the main games).

I'd love something like this with MK characters in MK locations:

Last edited:

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks 2 is my eternal dream. Liu Kang and Kung Lao as main characters again, with unlockable Shujinko, Kai and Kung Jin. Each unlockable character with his own campaign. Online and offline Co-op and Versus modes. Great Kung Lao as a secret character whose campaign takes us into 500 years before MK1 events to the era of a whole new Earthrealm world and possibly lots of new characters, maybe even Siro himself?! :D

Don't care about Injustice 2. Making Superman a villain was a huge mistake. He is suppose to be a hero for all generations since his very creation by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, not toyed in else-world stories and twisting his character to the point where he is unrecognizable. Too bad they started pulling this stuff with Liu Kang in Mortal Kombat too ever since that horrible MK Legacy episode.

Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe 2 would be simply fun and only fun and also a nice test platform for new features for Mortal Kombat 11. Also, MKvsDCU2 can be good only if the story will be based on Lex Luthor's MKvsDC ending:

You know what's sad though? MKvsDCU was the last game where Liu Kang and Superman characters were done in a right way. A non canon game that does actual justice towards icons of respective universes.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
They will be developing Injustice 2 without a doubt. My guess is that they'll be way more forward thinking and not try and screw people over like they did with MKX. Hell, they might not be able to sell a PC port after this nonsense Might be console only. I pretty much just want to play Raven and Poison Ivy (theres no way she shouldn't be a playable character and not some passive buff in Harley's trait). Hopefully they put more time into the character modeling because Injustice characters were incredibly fuggly.

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
It's alittle early considering that MKX isn't a year old But...

They need to partner with Dragon Ball Z and make a real fighting DBZ Game.

That would be hype.
Western studio developing game based on Japanese manga/anime? This might be just like Western movie adaptation DB Evolution, if not worse :eek:

West should not touche Japanese franchises or DmC haven't taught a thing?

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
MK vs DC.

Mortal Kombat Vs Discovery Channel.

Bear Grylls vs Sub Zero.

Adam and Jamie vs Sektor and Cyrax. Mythbusters vs Mechbusters

D'Vorah vs the Shark from Shark Week.

Scorpion vs Cyber Anthony Bourdain.

Announcer from How it's Made vs Announcer from MK.

Announcer: Round 1: FIGHT!

How it's made: Netherrealm uses a voice synthesizer with the words 'Round 1: FIGHT!' and codes it into the system that triggers upon the exiting of both character intros. This voice can differ in tonality and pitch based on a variety of factors. You aren't sure why, but this show is incredibly interesting. You never knew you wanted to see how they made underwear linen until you watched this show and saw the process and found yourself unable to change the channel.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
Twitter has this INJ2 buzzfeed thing going around lately . - plus with all the WB DC movies/tv shows coming out, my vote is that we are gonna be come money-pots again .

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
MK vs DC.

Mortal Kombat Vs Discovery Channel.

Bear Grylls vs Sub Zero.

Adam and Jamie vs Sektor and Cyrax. Mythbusters vs Mechbusters

D'Vorah vs the Shark from Shark Week.

Scorpion vs Cyber Anthony Bourdain.

Announcer from How it's Made vs Announcer from MK.

Announcer: Round 1: FIGHT!

How it's made: Netherrealm uses a voice synthesizer with the words 'Round 1: FIGHT!' and codes it into the system that triggers upon the exiting of both character intros. This voice can differ in tonality and pitch based on a variety of factors. You aren't sure why, but this show is incredibly interesting. You never knew you wanted to see how they made underwear linen until you watched this show and saw the process and found yourself unable to change the channel.

I've always liked the announcer for How It's Made