What's new

So how come Reptile became so pop in current tourneys?

cabibi

Noob
We didnt see dash spamming at CEO. You have to understand reptile has Absolutely NO mobility outside of Elbow Dash! Thats why Reptile players dash around the screen and dash in behind forceballs. Because otherwise he would never Ever be able to get in on an opponent.

Also using the word "spam" when referring to any tactic being used at high level is just ignorant.
I agree the dash shouldn't be touched EXCEPT to give him more recover frames on block. There's absolutley no reason NOT to give him more recovery on block. It doesn't effect reptile's game whatsoever.

BATTLEBEAR

NJ Jobber
Please stop crying for nerfs. As the game stands... the only thing atm that needs fixing is Skarlet shenanigans and reptiles magic ball. TB suggests some cyrax tech but i have yet to see it so i wont comment on that.

cabibi

Noob
nothing needs to be done to his start up frames or recovery frames when it's not blocked... the only thing that NEEDS to change is his recovery when an opponent blocks it... it's WAY to fast. Even Elite players complain about it.... It's broken and reptile players know it... they just use the "players should learn how to punish it" argument and "you're crying nerf" ad-hominem statements, because they know they benefit from it, when in reality, giving the dash more recover frames when an opponent blocks it, wouldn't effect how reptile is played whatsover.. it just evens up the playing field.

In my opinion there needs to be one thread where people can go to voice there opinion on Reptile's Dash, and every comment about Reptile's dash in any other thread should be moved, deleted, or whatever. Because c'mon guys this shit is getting ridiculous... Every thread in the Reptile Forum's ends up turning into a Elbow Dash flame war.

Also to get back on Topic of the thread: The reason Reptile became so pop in tourneys: because THTB was bodying folks at Powerup with Reptile, and he showed the world just how good of a character he really is.

cabibi

Noob
Please stop crying for nerfs. As the game stands... the only thing atm that needs fixing is Skarlet shenanigans and reptiles magic ball. TB suggests some cyrax tech but i have yet to see it so i wont comment on that.
yea cyrax has a reset that can get 84% damage. defnitely needs to be fiixed. think TB isn't addressing reptiles fast recovery on block, is because he doesn't want to seem salty after the chris G matchup, by suggesting a nerf. It's broken IMO... even top level players like konqrr acknowledge how broken it is.

Red

Noob
We didnt see dash spamming at CEO. You have to understand reptile has Absolutely NO mobility outside of Elbow Dash! Thats why Reptile players dash around the screen and dash in behind forceballs. Because otherwise he would never Ever be able to get in on an opponent.

Also using the word "spam" when referring to any tactic being used at high level is just ignorant.
alright sorry to say.. but your wrong on that there...

reptiles has 2 specials that can be used as mobility..
elbowdash and his slide

who has 2 forms of mobility that are weak
sindel: step up and levitate

now lets break things down.. to who has only 1 form of mobility special that is the weakest in the game...

subzero..

who also has only one form of mobilityspecial that are powerful..
jax
kitana
scorpion
nightwolf
sektor but his teleport is not generally used for mobility.its more of a counter attack
noob but his teleport is not generally used for mobility. itsmore of a counter attack

now to who does not have
a mobility special in the game..
shang tsung
kenshi

yes just like noob they are turtle type characters.. but they do not have a special move to transport the character from one place to another, they stay in their physical position at all times.. the only way for them to move is by using direction movements

so do not justify reptile's dash saying that he has no other way to move without it

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
yea cyrax has a reset that can get 84% damage. defnitely needs to be fiixed. think TB isn't addressing reptiles fast recovery on block, is because he doesn't want to seem salty after the chris G matchup, by suggesting a nerf. It's broken IMO... even top level players like konqrr acknowledge how broken it is.
I think it's a little harsh on Tom to assume that. Also, step your vocab up. ;)

alright sorry to say.. but your wrong on that there...

elbowdash and his slide

who has 2 forms of mobility that are weak
sindel: step up and levitate

now lets break things down.. to who has only 1 form of mobility special that is the weakest in the game...

subzero..

who also has only one form of mobilityspecial that are powerful..
jax
kitana
scorpion
nightwolf
sektor but his teleport is not generally used for mobility.its more of a counter attack
noob but his teleport is not generally used for mobility. itsmore of a counter attack

now to who does not have
a mobility special in the game..
shang tsung
kenshi

yes just like noob they are turtle type characters.. but they do not have a special move to transport the character from one place to another, they stay in their physical position at all times.. the only way for them to move is by using direction movements

so do not justify reptile's dash saying that he has no other way to move without it

I was not referring to specials as mobility. I was simply referring to the regular dash that every character has. You know: the Forward Forward command. I dont know how much time you've spent with reptile compared to other characters, but Reptiles (forward forward) dash is as slow as shit. For instance: Kung Lao's spin - Lets say your scorpion and you block Kung Lao's spin...You can (forward forward) dash in and 11xxspear-->Bnb comb for 30 to 40%. Reptile well if you try to (forward forward) dash in and start a combo...Kung Lao has already recovered and his waiting on you. So Reptile just has to revert to a quick elbow dash for a measly 11%

cabibi

Noob
I think it's a little harsh on Tom to assume that. Also, step your vocab up. ;)
Let's pretend I never said that word so you don't have to make me feel worse LOL

And I'm not trying to take anything away from tom... I'd do the same exact thing if I was in his position. It's not easy to tell the truth about something when telling that truth can make you seem like you're being a bad sport.

Tom is the complete opposite of a bad sport.

Red

Noob
screw the forward forward of reptile...

thats like arguing that everyone sweep should be the same...

there are reason why their dashes and sweeps are different...

reptiles slow dash does not justify that his elbow dash does not need to be fixed.

if reptile had a faster regular dash i could only imagine of what he would be capable of.

plain and simple from what cabibi said earlier

"the elbow dash needs to be more punishable on block.. " thats basically what needs to be done.. the stun of it needs to last as long as kabals stun does when you block his nomad dash..

i can deal with someone using the elbow dash special attack rapidly .. but you cant punish it because reptile can recover so fast

i can deal with someone using the elbow dash special attack rapidly .. but you cant punish it because reptile can recover so fast
There is a throw button on every controller and and stick... so my suggestion would be to hit that button every time you block an elbow dash for a quick 12%. I can assure you reptile cannot recover quick enough to block that.

Also cabibi just started a thread about the elbow dash. I would recommend all further comments about the elbow dash to be discussed in this thread:
http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?8017-Reptle-Dash-To-nerf-or-not-to-nerf

EDIT: Thread was closed

Kombo

Noob
There is a throw button on every controller and and stick... so my suggestion would be to hit that button every time you block an elbow dash for a quick 12%. I can assure you reptile cannot recover quick enough to block that.[/URL]
A throw buton? What is this witchcraft you speak of!?

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
lol @ slide for mobility...slide is such a risky move; it's only worth using to slide under projectiles if you anticipate them coming. Only other time to use it is in a string ending with 321; though you have better options there - slow FB/EX slow FB; invis or EX invis.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
slide
Wrong.

Also, none of the characters you listed use said moves for mobility. Every character excluding Reptile can use blockdash to move forward just fine. Using blockdash only, Reptile takes twice as long as every character to close a fullscreen distance.

Elbow does not need to be touched, really...again, people need to step up their game. If REO, Perfect Legend, Tom Brady, etc, can punish elbow on reaction, why can't the rest of you people asking to nerf it? 21 frames of blockstun, and 36 recovery frames. -15 on block. If you can't react and press a jab in 21 frames, I'm sorry, but you should not be talking about what is not punishable enough.

Kombo

Noob
Wrong.

Also, none of the characters you listed use said moves for mobility. Every character excluding Reptile can use blockdash to move forward just fine. Using blockdash only, Reptile takes twice as long as every character to close a fullscreen distance.

Elbow does not need to be touched, really...again, people need to step up their game. If REO, Perfect Legend, Tom Brady, etc, can punish elbow on reaction, why can't the rest of you people asking to nerf it? 21 frames of blockstun, and 36 recovery frames. -15 on block. If you can't react and press a jab in 21 frames, I'm sorry, but you should not be talking about what is not punishable enough.
This. I'm not a Tom Brady or anything but even I can punish Elbow Dash 7 times out of 10.

Wrong.

And the Reptile King has spoken! Everyone please embrace his wisdom!!

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
seriously, i feel like i started a fire!

again...I must say this!! all of reptile non mainers! dont freakin complain SERIOUSLY! not because of a dash u gonna cry out for it!

also, i am not talkin online AT ALL!! if u cant punish it online...then seriously Reptile cant BEAT CHARS ONLINE that in nature, reptile can fairely beat (Lui kang, Raiden, Smoke....etc)

Some pinpoints i would like to mention:

1-Dash Regular Punishable on block! if u dont know how with ur specific char, then hit the lab and find a solution

2-HORRIBLE dash cancel! and hence comes the use of PERFECTLY zoned Dash (YES, it requires skill cause on block it's VERY punishable). for god sake! if u main kitana for example, reptile has no chance to EVEN touch her due to his Stupid dash cancel range

3-Horrible, and i mean HORRIBLE anti air!! HORRIBLE....if ur talkin about EX FB, Point blank is useless and up to sweep distance! JUMP KICK CAN BREAK IT
so if u fell for EX FB, that means reptile baited u out from mid screen jump or wut so ever the case! and u in that case deserve it

4-Okizeme / Mix ups in combos ...REQUIRES TIMING cause they are escapable by some chars VEYR EASILY and in general it's a mind game(escapable by all roaster)! so u do have 50 /50 chance. If you dont know how to break it/ escape...get back to the lab

5-Dont cry about his mix ups and pressure with either acid hand,slide(med and low)!! THESE ARE BY FAR the only mix ups he have!!! beside those, block up! and yes, slide is VERY punishable in every aspect.
unlike other chars who can DOminate in mix ups and strings due to MANY reasons (like fast frame recover, fast frame active...etc)
any other mix ups and pressure guard are escapable!
EX DASH, counterable by a freakin POKE! uppercut, X ray and fast specials

6-3,2,1...i understand that this is harder now to escape , due to the fact they removed the ability to duck form it. also , what other strings reptile has in this case that puts him in ANY advantage wut so ever after blocking? :S also the string is not even FAST!! for godsake it's beatable by a lot of stuff in the game lol
the worst that can happen is you will eat mix up med or low after you block it successfully :S...and in that case, the game reseted.
THOUGH, everything right after is as Normal as any string in the game....other chars has even more sellfish concept; like raidens kick into teleport to safety, or lui kang fast strings pressure (high low mix ups). Scorpion low, high med mix ups and safe 111 string!...etc (and a lot more)
again , part of the game is learning ur opponent. so learn your opponent before anyone complain

Alright and lets finish it with this. if you ever think reptile dash regular need to be nerfed, then consider these first:

-Tone down Kabal cause seriously, i dont see any bad match up for him
-Why cant we compare Dash to kano's upball? seriously whats fair?
-Kung lao DOES NEED TO BE TONED DOWN!! if your crying about dash...then seriously Strings, poke into low hat spin is OP...not all that , but his nature as a char is COMPLETELY balanced
-Someone like smoke!! with a simple straight FORWARD char dominate the arena!! SIMPLE CHAR with nothing else to do but the same idea OVER AND OVER AND OVER! and yes, he dominates like that
while someone like reptile, he has to be fully aware of every situation!! (being pressured, Pressuring opponent, perfect distances for dash's, Perfect set ups, Projectile game and finally mix ups and oki's)

and many more.....

also i wanted to add this, cause i find it very amusing:here are the chars that can give reptile a challenge, hard time OR even impossible match for reptile on high level

-Shang tsung (Yes!! he's damn good and too much specially corner)
-Kabal (complete domination)
-Kitana's (too much turteling and good mix ups / pressure/ defense game)
-Kung lao ( too much in every aspect against high levels)
-Lui kang (ESPECIALLY ONLINE)
-Raiden (ESPECIALLY ONLINE)
-Smoke (both online and offline...good smoke will Give Hell to reptile)
-Scorpion ( a very decent challenge whether offline or online)
-Subzero (Very Strong opponent , and i would give it 6 -4 sub fav hands down)

If there's someone who one tourney or did amazing with reptile in tournaments, they simply deserve it!
peace all, i released energy and i feel relieved.

Hail to all rep players

THTB

Whine whine whine? And yet look at everyone else... >_>

Fuck this shit...like for real. Too many people that probably will never place beyond top 16 ask for dumb ass changes.

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
WOW!!! ROFL....so I, after telling people stop whining, I AM the one who's Whining? From a subzero player who has a VERY trolly kinda avatar (i luv it by the way!)so horrible reverse Psychology young man

THTB: Ditto bro ..am actually not posting on this topic again for real. By the way man, i would like to talk to u On either skype , pms/txts or PS3 if u have one.
I am doing this research of Full matchup AVERAGE for reptile. Started with chef(i will get him in by force). So if u wanna participate, hit me up man...would really luv to hear your opinions :)

THTB

Definitely dude...I have Skype (thehuggabletaybear is my Skype). Add me there.

McNasty

Moist.
Whine whine whine? And yet look at everyone else... >_>

Fuck this shit...like for real. Too many people that probably will never place beyond top 16 ask for dumb ass changes.
lol dude I raged this morning and sent a thread just like this one to the nether... people are out of control with the dash hate. I love the ones discrediting high quality reptile play. Get real and play offline to get some perspective before you go destroy threads like this with the scrubbery.