What's new

So how come Reptile became so pop in current tourneys?

cabibi

Noob
lol dude I raged this morning and sent a thread just like this one to the nether... people are out of control with the dash hate. I love the ones discrediting high quality reptile play. Get real and play offline to get some perspective before you go destroy threads like this with the scrubbery.
dude stop fucking flaming people that have legitimate issues.. you're a moderator... shouldn't you be moderate?

christ that thread you sent back was mine... and all i was trying to do was make a cetralized thread where the issue could be maturely discussed, without the need to clutter every single reptile thread with dash hate. It's not about "go play offline". I'm a busy person and I use the practice mode to prep for offline tournaments. I haven't faced reptile players offline, but that doesn't mean that I don't attempt to try and practice against him. It doesn't help when Practice mode is buggy as helll, so you're in the dark as to which bug you need to blame as to why punishing the dash works in practice mode, but doesn't work online.

Excuse me for asking for help, and attempting to provide information to the community.

McNasty

Moist.
I am allowed to have an opinion just as everyone else is. The posts you have made are all fine its others that have chimed in with nothing to back up their claims or are discrediting chris g's play vs TB that are truly rich with scrub mentality. I see any thread screaming nerf and I cringe I prefer this nonsense gets buried in a thread that will be obscure once the new flavor of the week character is in vogue.

cabibi

Noob
I am allowed to have an opinion just as everyone else is. The posts you have made are all fine its others that have chimed in with nothing to back up their claims or are discrediting chris g's play vs TB that are truly rich with scrub mentality. I see any thread screaming nerf and I cringe I prefer this nonsense gets buried in a thread that will be obscure once the new flavor of the week character is in vogue.
Ok that's cool. Sorry for the harsh words I've just been frustrated with this dash for ages, with advice not helping, buggy practice mode, laggy online, and then the people giving the advice getting just as frustrated because scrubs keep lobbying to turn the elbow dash into the elbow romantic stroll on a beach. I'm glad there is a punishment thread being made... helps a lot.

hardwire

Noob
you know most of the hate comes from every one of the reptile players refusing to even address the concerns its no your a scrub

you guys sound like the quan chi players that had no idea any thing was wrong and went on with your willing ignorance to the community at large

i mean come on you had a few tornament players bring up the issue and on the stream with cris g even the announcers were going damn that will probably get nerfed

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
you know most of the hate comes from every one of the reptile players refusing to even address the concerns its no your a scrub

you guys sound like the quan chi players that had no idea any thing was wrong and went on with your willing ignorance to the community at large

i mean come on you had a few tornament players bring up the issue and on the stream with cris g even the announcers were going damn that will probably get nerfed
With the way patches are handled in this game it's a common thing for people to see something strong and say "damn thats gonna get nerfed", top and normal players alike. Reptile is fine as a character, he has pleanty of flaws. You guys are basing changes off of online play. Also I'm sorry but if you mostly play online you probably aren't that good. I know theres some exceptions but for the most part the people posting here are proving my point.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Alright, this really is just ridiculous at this point. We've repeatedly told you how to punish the dash, and nobody seems to want to do it, so you know what? Enjoy eating dashes because nobody wants to take any advice what so ever. You're annoyance isn't with the move, it's the shitty ass trainer which does not allow you to test how to punish it. Reptile isn't Kano; don't turn elbow dash into the new up ball.

I recommend that you all spend 20 minutes playing Reptile against competent players online; they block and punish it. I've seen this first hand, I've also punished elbow dash myself on numerous occasions online. Everyone knows how much I piss and moan about how bad online is, but you can STILL punish it online despite it all. And please, nobody who plays Smoke should ever complain about Reptile - that is a pain in the ass matchup. Throw out more smoke bombs and work on teleports on reaction.

For the very last time: block - D1, Uppercut, throw, or a fast special. If we can find actual strings which you can punish it, we'll gladly let you know, if they fix the god awful trainer. ;)

Go online, learn to block and punish it. All online should be thought of is casuals and a makeshift trainer at the moment; put yourself in dumb situations and learn how to advance from them. Do not compare online to the actual offline game. Online is a handicap, an utter joke, filled with input lag and whining.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
For those of you who say its not punishable online please play THTB in a reptile mirror match and try to dash him to death. And when hit pulls out his 37% combo which has 11 frames at start up you can then proceed to stfu.

hardwire

Noob
With the way patches are handled in this game it's a common thing for people to see something strong and say "damn thats gonna get nerfed", top and normal players alike. Reptile is fine as a character, he has pleanty of flaws. You guys are basing changes off of online play. Also I'm sorry but if you mostly play online you probably aren't that good. I know theres some exceptions but for the most part the people posting here are proving my point.
no we are not we have seen the same stuff offline as well so stop with the generalizations untill you can help remedy the situation.

Scoot Magee

stop with the generalizations untill you can help remedy the situation.
OK, here is my help to remedy the situation. Practice punishing the dash if you're having trouble. I play pleanty of people that punish it with full combos (offline). Spemd more time practicing than bitching about nerfs on the forums.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
i know for a fact liu kang can easily punish it with a full thirty something percent combo. as well as johnny cage

hardwire

Noob
OK, here is my help to remedy the situation. Practice punishing the dash if you're having trouble. I play pleanty of people that punish it with full combos (offline). Spemd more time practicing than bitching about nerfs on the forums.

ok please tell me how to full combo it with smoke cuse i say it cant be done no way no how

Scoot Magee

I don't play smoke so I don't want to give you any bad info. It was already posted how to punish it I believe in the reptile dash punish thread and some others. I've been punished by a full combo many times offline by a smoke player. The fucked up thing is that the info has been posted already and you're talking as if nobody gave any advice on punishing the dash. How hard are you actually trying when you try to learn this game? Calling on a nerf for something other people can do and you can't is not going to help this game or you as a player.

cabibi

Noob
I don't play smoke so I don't want to give you any bad info. It was already posted how to punish it I believe in the reptile dash punish thread and some others. I've been punished by a full combo many times offline by a smoke player. The fucked up thing is that the info has been posted already and you're talking as if nobody gave any advice on punishing the dash. How hard are you actually trying when you try to learn this game? Calling on a nerf for something other people can do and you can't is not going to help this game or you as a player.
In Hardwire's defense, I've posted someinfo on how to punish it. smokes fastest string is 214 or 21 smoke bomb. This is what I use... but even I have noticed that I can only punish it like twice out of every 10 times with that string when online. 21 smoke bomb does lead to a pretty healthy combo when it does work though.

I can punish it reliably in practice mode when I set the CPU to fight (just setting to wakeups only does the ex dash) and I can punish it pretty reliably, but with practice being so buggy... you can't fault players for not trusting it.

Smoke players have a reason to be bitter though. We've had our OTG removed, and the practice mode has also led us to think smoke had a reset with the ex smoke bomb, which turned out just to be another bug with practice mode. So it's a bit frustrating for us.

GNG Iniquity

ok please tell me how to full combo it with smoke cuse i say it cant be done no way no how
Why aren't you working on teleports and smoke bombs on reaction? The reason you're getting elbow dashed is that nobody respects your smoke bombs. I'm sorry but when I play a good Smoke, I will not dash him, in fear of eating a big fucking combo.

I'm sure there's a matchup analysis in the Smoke forums relating to Reptile, why don't you go there and read what you need to do, instead of complaining about your inability to play the matchup properly? Lose the scrub mentality and adjust your playstyle accordingly.

A good Smoke is a big pain in my ass, so clearly, you are doing something terribly wrong if you're leading us to believe that Reptile is just elbow dashing you left and right.

Kombo

Noob
On a serious note though, these threads are becoming a joke. Both to the players asking for a reptile nerf and to the players defending him. There is nothing but a flame war going on here. All Cabibi asked was how to punish his elbow dash and some of you started attacking him like he insulted a family member. There is no reason to get so upset about a character like some people in here are getting. And to others asking for a nerf to my knowledge he already has so asking for another one would be overkill. All of you in here are better than me and I can punish the elbow dash depending on how good my reactions are. There are still some things you can do in training mode and online is a valuable source for traning too idk why some of you act like its not. The reason most off us are here on this site is too get better but when we ask simple questions like what Cabibi asked we either get told "stop complaining or stop playing online" neither of those help one bit. Cabibi I'm not a smoke player but I think you're best options are throw or fast enough normals. I think there is also frame data for smoke to help you punish him. Please stop complaining and flaming or continue to provide me with quality entertainment.
:popcorn:

Kombo

Noob
When did anyone attack him for asking how to punish the dash?

"These threads seriously are ridiculous, everyone bitches about how god awful online is, yet they make threads on moves being difficult to punish online? News flash, it's punishable even with the god awful netcode. Block - throw, D1 or uppercut (if you have a fast one; IE Sektor). What more would you like us to do? Come over to your homes, while you pull your hair out at how terrible online is, and punish it for you? You guys want more frames on elbow dash? Cool. Speed up his actual dash, then. Oh, and less frames on his strings, too."

This was in a related thread when he asked how to punish it. Also take a look back at some of the past few pages on this thread. A simple discussion has turned into Elbow Dash flame war.

Kombo

Noob
Back on topic: Reptile has always been popular, ever since MK1 when he was that guy hiding behind a pillar.
Thats true, but in regards to this game and why we see everyone using him I think is because so many top level players having success with him. Chris G, REO, I even heard Michelangelo who won 3 straight majors with Kabal is using Reptile as a sub.

GNG Iniquity

"These threads seriously are ridiculous, everyone bitches about how god awful online is, yet they make threads on moves being difficult to punish online? News flash, it's punishable even with the god awful netcode. Block - throw, D1 or uppercut (if you have a fast one; IE Sektor). What more would you like us to do? Come over to your homes, while you pull your hair out at how terrible online is, and punish it for you? You guys want more frames on elbow dash? Cool. Speed up his actual dash, then. Oh, and less frames on his strings, too."

This was in a related thread when he asked how to punish it.
By everyone, I don't mean cabibi. In fact, I enjoy reading posts by cabibi. The problem is, if someone attempts to make a thread involving mature intelligent debate on a subject, someone will start incessantly whining in said thread. Take redbeard and hardwired for instance. This is what I'm getting at. Hell, I'd be happy to go online with cabibi and continually dash him if I had a 360 for him to learn to punish it properly. But unfortunately, for every mature intelligent post in these threads, the majority of the responses are just pissing and whining. Ultimately I find these threads pointless, because the people this SHOULD be helping, just complain instead and continually make excuses.

It gets to the point where all I can reply with is "L2 SMOKE BOMB, HURR DURR!" because to me, the majority of this is just children with keyboards throwing tantrums and making constant excuses. Smoke should never be put into that situation, period.