What's new

So how come Reptile became so pop in current tourneys?

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Scoot have you had any problems with the ex ball lately? I know I shouldn't talk of online play lol but I've hit it a few times and they just drop to the floor instead of being popped up for the NJP into combo.

RapZiLLa54

Damn online play and its inconsistencies. Ordering Optimum Online Boost and praying to god it helps. Idk what happened, the first day the netcode came out I loved it and had barely any lag in a good 15+ matches. Now every game feels like it did before the netcode fix.

Oh well thank god for VSM!

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Damn online play and its inconsistencies. Ordering Optimum Online Boost and praying to god it helps. Idk what happened, the first day the netcode came out I loved it and had barely any lag in a good 15+ matches. Now every game feels like it did before the netcode fix.

Oh well thank god for VSM!
Don't waist the money. Download and upload speeds have no effect on the amount of delay you get with players.

RapZiLLa54

Too late lol.

Last night was brutal man but ggs. Did you happen to catch the EXfb crap happen that I was talking about? Opponent just drops like a brick and I can't move lol. Damn online! DAMN ONLINE TO HEEEELLLLL!

RapZiLLa54

what your speaking of is a glitch like the magic FB
I'm not talking about the Ex fastforceball glitch.

I'm talking about using the Exforceball as anti air and instead of the opponent popping up in the air they just drop and I can't move for a second.

Vik007

Noob
I'm not talking about the Ex fastforceball glitch.

I'm talking about using the Exforceball as anti air and instead of the opponent popping up in the air they just drop and I can't move for a second.

Happens to me too.
Try release the button just before the opponent touches the forceball, when the hit is guaranteed, so you can attack after.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
The short answer is that Evo is coming up. All of the best players feel as if they need to have either Reptile or Kung Lao in their pocket because they simply out class all of the other characters in the game.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
The short answer is that Evo is coming up. All of the best players feel as if they need to have either Reptile or Kung Lao in their pocket because they simply out class all of the other characters in the game.
Reptile doesn't outclass Raiden.

Scoot Magee

reptile does not outclass everyone. He has some good match ups but he far from outclasses the whole cast. Kung lao on the other hand is really good.

Eight

I am the salt
reptile does not outclass everyone. He has some good match ups but he far from outclasses the whole cast. Kung lao on the other hand is really good.
Reptile is generally agreed upon as the current top character among the MK cast right now. Check the Match-up spreadsheet, Reptile has very few disadvantageous matchups, especially so in comparison to other characters.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
raiden is soo damn annoying its stupid. but yesterday i beat a raiden with over 3000 wins...
highlight of my mk career ha.. kinda sad huh
off topic but this guy looks like raiden:china:

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
Reptile is generally agreed upon as the current top character among the MK cast right now. Check the Match-up spreadsheet, Reptile has very few disadvantageous matchups, especially so in comparison to other characters.
Kung Lao and Raiden. Reptile gets destroyed by Skarlet in the same way Sub does and I think there are some questionable matchup scores in that spreadsheet.

Outside of Kung Lao and Raiden, I think Reptile is possibly leading the pack but it's really not like he's way ahead of Sub-Zero, Johnny Cage, Nightwolf, etc. Nightwolf in particular has no bad matchups. Guy's a beast.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Kung Lao and Raiden. Reptile gets destroyed by Skarlet in the same way Sub does and I think there are some questionable matchup scores in that spreadsheet.

Outside of Kung Lao and Raiden, I think Reptile is possibly leading the pack but it's really not like he's way ahead of Sub-Zero, Johnny Cage, Nightwolf, etc. Nightwolf in particular has no bad matchups. Guy's a beast.
Can you explain how Reptile gets "destroyed" by Skarlet or why that would even matter considering DLC is banned at Evo? Nobody wants to feel like they're tier whoring so its understandable that people are so defensive but based on results I'd say Reptile is easily the character to beat. Since when have we seen a Johnny Cage or Nightwolf in top 8 at a major? Besides Tom Brady playing Cage at power up to "put on a show".

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
Can you explain how Reptile gets "destroyed" by Skarlet or why that would even matter considering DLC is banned at Evo? Nobody wants to feel like they're tier whoring so its understandable that people are so defensive but based on results I'd say Reptile is easily the character to beat. Since when have we seen a Johnny Cage or Nightwolf in top 8 at a major? Besides Tom Brady playing Cage at power up to "put on a show".
I never said anything about EVO, so...

Basing tiers on tournament results isn't really how it should be, in my opinion. Michaelangelo winning with Kabal doesn't make Kabal no.1 in the game, for instance.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends

Which numbers do you find questionable?

Scoot Magee

I thought kung lao was considered the best? Also if you're going by the chart some really strong characters don't even have a complete matchup listing. Reptile does have 3 7/3 matchups listed but 2 of them are on pretty low tier characters that nobody plays (Baraka and Jax). I'm not saying reptile isn't strong I was saying he doesn't just straight up outclass the entire cast. He has bad matchups, kung lao probably being his hardest.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Kung Lao, Mileena, and Liu Kang all give Reptile trouble.

Scoot Magee

Kung Lao, Mileena, and Liu Kang all give Reptile trouble.
Yeah, I've experienced the kang matc up first hand. I haven't played any great mileenas yet but I play against a lot of kung lao lately and I've been having trouble.