What's new

So how come Reptile became so pop in current tourneys?

Kombo

Noob
By everyone, I don't mean cabibi. In fact, I enjoy reading posts by cabibi. The problem is, if someone attempts to make a thread involving mature intelligent debate on a subject, someone will start incessantly whining in said thread. Take redbeard and hardwired for instance. This is what I'm getting at. Hell, I'd be happy to go online with cabibi and continually dash him if I had a 360 for him to learn to punish it properly. But unfortunately, for every mature intelligent post in these threads, the majority of the responses are just pissing and whining. Ultimately I find these threads pointless, because the people this SHOULD be helping, just complain instead and continually make excuses.

It gets to the point where all I can reply with is "L2 SMOKE BOMB, HURR DURR!" because to me, the majority of this is just children with keyboards throwing tantrums and making constant excuses. Smoke should never be put into that situation, period.
I used to main Reptile and the dash is perfectly fine to me people will just naturally complain I guess but fortuantly its not like NRS will ever listen to them. But lets get back to the topic at hand before anymore flame wars start. Why is he so popular? And sorry to use your posts its just the first one I saw.

hardwire

Noob
By everyone, I don't mean cabibi. In fact, I enjoy reading posts by cabibi. The problem is, if someone attempts to make a thread involving mature intelligent debate on a subject, someone will start incessantly whining in said thread. Take redbeard and hardwired for instance. This is what I'm getting at. Hell, I'd be happy to go online with cabibi and continually dash him if I had a 360 for him to learn to punish it properly. But unfortunately, for every mature intelligent post in these threads, the majority of the responses are just pissing and whining. Ultimately I find these threads pointless, because the people this SHOULD be helping, just complain instead and continually make excuses.

It gets to the point where all I can reply with is "L2 SMOKE BOMB, HURR DURR!" because to me, the majority of this is just children with keyboards throwing tantrums and making constant excuses. Smoke should never be put into that situation, period.
oh im sorry should games not be ballenced if 1 gets a super long punish window should the other not also

god i would love to see the hate smoke would get if he did not ball up on a tp

if dash is sooooo punishable whats wrong with making it a little longer ???

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Barely legible broken sentences of nonsense.
Look, do you want to actually get decent at this game, or do you want to continue whining about everything? Those're your two options. The reason why Smoke has a punishable teleport is due to his smoke bomb being one of the best zoning tools in the game; if you used it more and realized this, then Reptile would NEVER dash you. You also have a parry and can react to his FBs on reaction and hit him with the teleport.

This is honestly just stupid, a good Smoke fucks Reptile up, so once again...quit making excuses for everything and step up your game or go vacate a forum which will listen to your whining because this isn't the place. I'm done helping you.

Someone please delete this thread.

I don't even play as Reptile and this whole thread has been nonsense to lurk in. I figured I would get some good insight into playing against Reptile and the dash, and was completely wrong. The exception is maybe 2 posts saying to just grab or sweep after a blocked dash, as it is quite punishable.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I don't even play as Reptile and this whole thread has been nonsense to lurk in. I figured I would get some good insight into playing against Reptile and the dash, and was completely wrong. The exception is maybe 2 posts saying to just grab or sweep after a blocked dash, as it is quite punishable.
THTB started a good thread in regards to punishing it, so far nobody has started throwing temper tantrums in there, yet.
http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?8055-List-Reliable-Punishes-for-Elbow-Dash

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
I've been using Reptile since MK2 and will always main him even if he gets nerfed real bad. Once Chris G beat Tom Brady at CEO, everyone hopped on the bandwagon. Still, I love Reptile and I wish people wouldn't tier-whore him but it's whatever. He is very good at zoning and pressuring, the only downsides are his mixups and anti-air which a lot of people in this thread have already mentioned.

ALL HAIL THE GREEN MAN