b23~sb, NJP, 3d12, jk~air throw
21~sb, NJP, 3d12, jk~air throw
sb, NJP, 3d12, jk~air throw
NJP, 3d12, jk~airthrow

Corner
214~sb, 32, 32, 32, 214
3d12~sb, 32, 32, 32, 214

My simplified but easy smoke BnBs.
I like 32, b23~sb, 3d12, jk~air throw can you start with 3d12 instead?

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Thanks, thought I tested that... Will remove.
B2 sb njp is pretty good when your either in or close to the corner, even with your back to it, as you can TP the NJP and turn around for a wall combo, and the timing is alot less strict on the NJP than 3d12, and if you are facing out of the corner it wont carry them as far away for when you turn around!

Not the biggest damage, but some positioning options off of the b2 starter!

Unable to test, don't have access to the game for 3 weeks. [MENTION=5728]Apock[/MENTION] can you explain the combo in a bit more detail? Because if this is a way to combo off b23 in the corner without EX bomb i'm gonna be ecstatic :D

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Extremely keen to get home from work now [MENTION=5728]Apock[/MENTION]. if you found a combo from B23 in the corner, you may have just turned smoke into a pressure machine. One of the main things i get punished for is B2-SB in the corner because its hard to hit confirm, but you can guard 3d12 too easily. Would be pretty nice to have the B23 to hitconfirm or drift on block, crazy thoughts racing through my mind!

i have quick one close to the corner:

b23~tp, d1~smoke, 3d12, 214~cloud
I have seen ATL_Redd do that combo at least the b23,tp,d1,sb portion of it in the corner. I tried to do it in the lab but failed to get it, so I gave up on it thinking I did not see what I thought I saw, but I will have to go back and try it again.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Tried this for a while last night, if its possible then i werent doing it right, didnt even look close to me...

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
cant see the video at work because some moron torrented the offices 100gb data usage away -.- But if this is the B23 wall combo, and there is a video confirming its existance then i shall take a look asap and perform the neccessary tests to prove this to be as insane as i hope it is!

Nice video Apock thanks for posting it. I tried the combo last night and first try I landed the d1 after the teleport punch which proved its existence. I went on to nail the combo 4-5 times in a row without any problems. Maybe my hitbox is helping me out more than I thought.

got to say thats a nice little wall combo (simplicity is nice) but i cant see a reason to justify not doing the 45% wall combo even if they have breaker
This is just another tool in smoke's bag of tricks. Not a BnB by any means, but it's nice for when you're doing poke pressure in the corner, particularly with d4. It's useful in the corner but isn't an end-all by any means. It's a 50-50 whether it gets blocked or not, whereas 3d12 is almost 100% guaranteed to get blocked in the corner since the opponent can fuzzy the overhead...

I'll have to do quite a bit of thinking about this to really figure out how to incorporate it into smoke play well. This is pretty intriguing to say the least. How does the damage of this combo stack up against a b2 xx bomb > 32 > 32 > 214 combo in the corner? That's not something I usually do :\

hardwire

Noob
This is just another tool in smoke's bag of tricks. Not a BnB by any means, but it's nice for when you're doing poke pressure in the corner, particularly with d4. It's useful in the corner but isn't an end-all by any means. It's a 50-50 whether it gets blocked or not, whereas 3d12 is almost 100% guaranteed to get blocked in the corner since the opponent can fuzzy the overhead...

I'll have to do quite a bit of thinking about this to really figure out how to incorporate it into smoke play well. This is pretty intriguing to say the least. How does the damage of this combo stack up against a b2 xx bomb > 32 > 32 > 214 combo in the corner? That's not something I usually do :\
is there any reason to use this over the b2 (for the over head and speed or trickyness) smoke bomb 32 32 32 2 1 4 cuse if im not mistaken that does more damage (mine not yours) and still makes things tricky

never mind i just rewatched the video and yikes i love it its basicly what i just said but you added somthing in front to extened the damage. very nice you now get my thumbs up. :)

also its funny your video caught the input glitch (when you missed the first time) that crap happens to me all the time.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
got to say thats a nice little wall combo (simplicity is nice) but i cant see a reason to justify not doing the 45% wall combo even if they have breaker
Sometimes people use B2 3 near a corner, where a Smoke Bomb will not connect. If you anticipate that, you can use the combo he posted, and deliver some nice damage instead of whiffing a Smoke bomb. Of course, you have to be quick to react. Also, what Frothy said.

Other than that, there is no reason to use that combo over, say, B2~Smoke Bomb > NJP > 3 2 > 3 2 > 3 2 > 2 1 4 or the 3 D1 2 combo in the corner.

Huh, didn't know that you could do a third repetition of 32 AND a njp in that. Goes to show how much I use a naked b2 starter in the corner lol

hardwire

Noob
Huh, didn't know that you could do a third repetition of 32 AND a njp in that. Goes to show how much I use a naked b2 starter in the corner lol
oh ya

my bnb in the corner is 3d1 njp 32 32 32(very strick timing to hit with the 3rd can be done online but you have to be dead on with it.) 21 smoke bomb (the 21 helps a lot with timing the smoke bomb you can skip it) 214(or swap with tp punch the second hit will wiff giving you a great oki set up)

Well yeah that's my corner BnB too except I end with 214 xx invisibility. For some reason I thought that maybe the level of fall on just b2 > bomb would be too high for an njp to work and not splat. IDK. I'll play with it in a couple weeks when I get finished up with finals...

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
I don't use 2 1 4 after the 2 1 smokebomb. I F4 reset their asses. That or F4 + teleport/Smoke Bomb if I don't have the meter. Does one percent more damage than 2 1 4. You have to be very precise with the teleport though because if you miss entirely, you'll be the one in the corner, so it's wiser to just use the plain Smoke bomb while they're still in the air after you use F4.

On a side note, I just realized that if you catch someone with a teleport (aerial or on the ground) while they're in the corner, you can D1~Smoke bomb > 3 D1 2 > 3 2 > 2 1 4 (32%). Not too shabby. Probably a rare scenario, but you never know when it'll come in handy. It'd be awesome if your opponent is across the screen in a corner, creates an opening, you telepunch him from the other side, and bam, he eats a full 32% combo after that. Never thought I could extend the teleport into anything. lol.

Edit: Actually, when you use an aerial teleport, for some reason, it does 29%. With a ground teleport, it does 32%. Strange...

arydious

Noob
oh ya

my bnb in the corner is 3d1 njp 32 32 32(very strick timing to hit with the 3rd can be done online but you have to be dead on with it.) 21 smoke bomb (the 21 helps a lot with timing the smoke bomb you can skip it) 214(or swap with tp punch the second hit will wiff giving you a great oki set up)
This si my corner basically I have absolutley no problem landing the 32 3 times, its just about practice and knowing it. I do 3d12 NJP 32 32 32 2 Smoke Bomb f4 Ex Smokebomb. It consistantly resets everytime which then i just do 32 32 32 uppercut its about 80% Many people rage quit after i land that, and i land it 95%

hardwire

Noob
This si my corner basically I have absolutley no problem landing the 32 3 times, its just about practice and knowing it. I do 3d12 NJP 32 32 32 2 Smoke Bomb f4 Ex Smokebomb. It consistantly resets everytime which then i just do 32 32 32 uppercut its about 80% Many people rage quit after i land that, and i land it 95%
is the reset really that ez

damn i got to start practicing it.