What's new

Sindel Patch notes Sept 23

Magnet

No Longer Sh*t Tier!
I tested Reptile getting in on Sindel with Perfect Legend. Dash was getting me nowhere on FC'ed fireballs. They are legitimately that good. And if I ever got a forceball on screen, it was out of pure luck.

I understand characters with like teleports and whatnot will deal with her, and I know how to deal with cartwheel. And I already know she sucks once you get in. She's still easily mid tier. And the Reptile-Sindel matchup is like 5-5.
reptile has armor now; problem solved. and explain why you think shes mid tier please

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Slide isn't getting past FC'ed fireballs all like that. Yeah, I can slide through the fireball, but if I'm too far away, I'm not reaching you in time, and you could easily just fake out a FC fireball and land to block my slide.

FC fireball is way better than you guys lead yourselves to believe. At the rate PL was doing them to me, it's nothing but a straight up wall that I can only jump over, in which case I risk being AA'ed by something (especially EX scream now).

My recommended Sindel Buffs:

- b+1 being a low (Confirmed by Colt)

or

- b+1,2 launcher LOSES its rediculous damage scaling (but not both)

b+3,f+2 is special move cancelable

or

- make "Yell" after b+3,f+2 A LOT EASIER (but not both)

- give sindel armor on "Hair Whip" ("Step Up" is an overhead and shouldn't be given armor)

- 2,1 is cancelable into "Yell" (even though I personally think its pointless...due to how damage scaling works)

- u+3 should be special move cancelable

- Sindel can "Levitate" while jumping (wishful thinking...but that WOULD be NICE)

* Some of you are REALLY gonna have to learn how to rush down with Sindel (so you can RTSD and Zone with little to ZERO EFFORT)*

d+3/1 dash cancel (with 1 N.E won't really get in the way...but 3 is another story)
d+4 on block mix up with "Step Up"
2,1 mix up
using "Hair Whip" at the end of block strings to make them more safe

And YES! I play Sindel, I am a closeted Sindel player. ;)

DanCock

Cock Master!!
I tested Reptile getting in on Sindel with Perfect Legend. Dash was getting me nowhere on FC'ed fireballs. They are legitimately that good. And if I ever got a forceball on screen, it was out of pure luck.

I understand characters with like teleports and whatnot will deal with her, and I know how to deal with cartwheel. And I already know she sucks once you get in. She's still easily mid tier. And the Reptile-Sindel matchup is like 5-5.
You are correct however it's a 6-4 match up once reptile gets a force ball on screen it's over for her vs him. Just block one IAF and then instantly put out the force ball, don't try and do it at the same time.

I did hear that reptile won't be able to dash like crazy anymore when his foe is grounded? Is that correct? If so then yea I'd agree it would become a 5-5 match up.

You can jump over her IAF, then dash in don't zone sindel with reptile. You know this

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

OOOMMMGGGG Did anyone notice that they took out her fireball loop?
WOW I created that combo and they took it out...ARE U FUCKING SERIOUS!!!

We'll good bye DAMAGE!

Good bye...COOL MIDSCREEN COMBOS!

Now I'm actually irritated. :rant3:

Now I know for a fact that b+1,2 needs to NOT scale in juggle damage. Even if it does start with a low.

Actually I think that Sindel might be the only character in the game that has a low launcher pop-up lol.

THTB

Yeah, he can jump. Of course, I highlighted that. But jumping still puts me at a disadvantage because you can just not fireball and just block cancel straight to the ground, and I'm not in control doing that.

Yes, forceball does mess her up when it's on screen, but forceball is exceedingly slow on startup...to the point where I better time it right, or shit's not coming out. Sindel's projectiles come out pretty fast, and no, I can't put it on the screen after blocking an instant FLIGHT fireball. You can just do it again well before it even starts to form up.

Unless I have meter to EX slow ball, trying to put a forceball on screen isn't really all that viable, whatsoever.

TheChad_87

Bad Reputation
I'd like to point out, and I'm sure Dan can confirm this, that the "Fireball Wall" she makes isn't as game-breaking as it sounds. It's tough to deal with, but not nearly as bad if you A) have a teleport or B) have an iAFB of your own. That's 3/4s of the cast.
I know with Kitana, it's not too hard to find an opening and then jump in iAF. I'd imagine the other iAFB characters can do the same.
Most of those that do not have iAFBs have advancing armored specials to get in (Nightwolf, Cage, Baraka, Liu).

I understand that the Sindel v Reptile match may be a 5-5, but that one match-up in no way bumps her up the tier list. She still has plenty of REALLY bad match-ups to make up for that. And for the life of me, I have NO clue how Sindel beats Jade ... ever.

Dan:

I did them when I had the opportunity on and offline. The 66% corner combo I rarely got off. It's THAT HARD!

And I usually needed 2Lvs. of meter to breaker.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Yeah, he can jump. Of course, I highlighted that. But jumping still puts me at a disadvantage because you can just not fireball and just block cancel straight to the ground, and I'm not in control doing that.

Yes, forceball does mess her up when it's on screen, but forceball is exceedingly slow on startup...to the point where I better time it right, or shit's not coming out. Sindel's projectiles come out pretty fast, and no, I can't put it on the screen after blocking an instant FLIGHT fireball. You can just do it again well before it even starts to form up.

Unless I have meter to EX slow ball, trying to put a forceball on screen isn't really all that viable, whatsoever.
God forbid reptile have one or 2 not so great match ups.

Magnet

No Longer Sh*t Tier!
I'd like to point out, and I'm sure Dan can confirm this, that the "Fireball Wall" she makes isn't as game-breaking as it sounds. It's tough to deal with, but not nearly as bad if you A) have a teleport or B) have an iAFB of your own. That's 3/4s of the cast.
I know with Kitana, it's not too hard to find an opening and then jump in iAF. I'd imagine the other iAFB characters can do the same.
Most of those that do not have iAFBs have advancing armored specials to get in (Nightwolf, Cage, Baraka, Liu).

I understand that the Sindel v Reptile match may be a 5-5, but that one match-up in no way bumps her up the tier list. She still has plenty of REALLY bad match-ups to make up for that. And for the life of me, I have NO clue how Sindel beats Jade ... ever.
this is what i was thinking.

@THTB dont be biased regarding sindel's tier listing and capability based on who you fight her with. reptile was one of her best match-ups. against the vast majority of the elite/balanced roster she has a very hard time.

THTB

Kang has an iAF. Cage still isn't really "getting in after an EX shadow kick". Nightwolf, okay. Baraka, how the hell is he building meter on Sindel...?

Also, Sindel does have a low fireball, anyway.

Like I said, I know she gets dealt with by teleports (as well as Jade's glow and Smoke's shake). And yes, armor is rampant. But taking EVERYTHING into a vacuum, I still don't see her even close to bottom 3, or even low tier. Idk, maybe it's because I'm playing PL and I'm biased because he's too good lol.

Btw he feels the same way as me.

Magnet

No Longer Sh*t Tier!
Kang has an iAF. Cage still isn't really "getting in after an EX shadow kick". Nightwolf, okay. Baraka, how the hell is he building meter on Sindel...?

Like I said, I know she gets dealt with by teleports (as well as Jade's glow). And yes, armor is rampant. But taking EVERYTHING into a vacuum, I still don't see her even close to bottom 3. Not anymore.
seriously? cage is one of her worst match ups. one Ex kick-she gets knocked down-if she opts for a wake-up; an ADEPT JC player will cross her up and shes finished. if she doesnt do the wake-up he can pressure her when she stands up anyway and she'll never escape. bottom line is that she needs armor to deal with EVERY situation like the rest of the cast. is that too much to ask for? a way to get pressure off of her like everyone else can?

DanCock

Cock Master!!

Like I said, I know she gets dealt with by teleports (as well as Jade's glow and Smoke's shake). And yes, armor is rampant. But taking EVERYTHING into a vacuum, I still don't see her even close to bottom 3, or even low tier. Idk, maybe it's because I'm playing PL and I'm biased because he's too good lol.

He thinks Kung Lao before the patch isn't top tier. Bias opinions are bullshit.

THTB

You do realize Cage's EX shadow kick doesn't put him in that favorable of a position unless you're close to the corner, right? In fact, if he jumps at you after and he didn't push you to the corner, he's not landing shit. You can techroll and a jump won't get him in really.

And yeah, I don't agree with him about Kung Lao not being top tier, but for sure he's not close to being the best, MAYBE top 3. And it's not like he's losing with the character either...in fact he's one of the 2 best KLs in the country. So his views do hold a lot of weight even if he's wrong. Because, at the very least, he's saying the character just isn't as good as everyone makes him out to be.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
You do realize Cage's EX shadow kick doesn't put him in that favorable of a position unless you're close to the corner, right? In fact, if he jumps at you after and he didn't push you to the corner, he's not landing shit. You can techroll and a jump won't get him in really.

And yeah, I don't agree with him about Kung Lao not being top tier, but for sure he's not close to being the best, MAYBE top 3. And it's not like he's losing with the character either...in fact he's one of the 2 best KLs in the country. So his views do hold a lot of weight even if he's wrong. Because, at the very least, he's saying the character just isn't as good as everyone makes him out to be.
Cage can zone with sindel. I don't understand why people aren't ok with fireball trade off hits. Then he can randomly do his armor kick to deal more damage and get the upper hand.

I watch cages get owned by Kitanas and kabals because they spend the whole match trying to dash in. Just fireball with them trade hits it works.

TheChad_87

Bad Reputation

I wasn't stating that those characters are bad match-up by any means. I was just saying they do have Armored Moves to get in despite Sindel's zoning.
If Sindel's not bottom 3, who is?
I honestly think she's better than Stryker (and maybe Baraka), but that's it. Even if you think Sheeva is worse (which i don't), Sindel is still definitely bottom 5.

Everyone else just has something where she is lacking. I posted a while ago that no matter what, if I try to use Sindel, I'm questioning why I didn't just pick kitana or Kabal instead, both of which play similarly, but outclass her in almost every way. She needs a little something to make her stand out. A good reason to choose her over one of the other characters, and she sorely lacks that right now. A good low (B+1) would help give her more mix-up. Linking 2, 1 xxScream is something that should be there. period. Kitana can 2, 1, xxUpraise. So why shouldn't Sindel have that? Also, armor on Hair Whip would be a decent option. It would function similarly to Sheeva's EN Grab N Punch, which is usable for escaping pressure.

If she could get just a few little tweaks, I'd agree with you and put her in mid, but as is, she completely falls apart under pressure. She doesn't have anything to fight back with.

Cage can zone with sindel. I don't understand why people aren't ok with fireball trade off hits. Then he can randomly do his armor kick to deal more damage and get the upper hand.

I watch cages get owned by Kitanas and kabals because they spend the whole match trying to dash in. Just fireball with them trade hits it works.
Haha! IKR? The first time we played Kitana v Cage and you threw out the Fullscreen Forceball, I was like "WTF!? ... Who the Hell does that?" ... and then I realized you had the life lead... LOL

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Not to mention reptile acid spit trades hits. SONYA and baraka with their hit trading fireballs add the armor it's the same problem for sindel. They have that alternate way to play. But force her to play your pressure game and she's fucked.

So everyone GTFO of here saying she isn't low tier.

Magnet

No Longer Sh*t Tier!
Not to mention reptile acid spit trades hits. SONYA and baraka with their hit trading fireballs add the armor it's the same problem for sindel. They have that alternate way to play. But force her to play your pressure game and she's fucked.

So everyone GTFO of here saying she isn't low tier.

oh yeah am i wrong for calling bullshit on sonya and reptile having projectiles that are SAFE ON BLOCK while sindel gets combo-punished by a blocked standing Fireball at close range?

bigmiracle

Praise Sheeva
Ugh, I feel for you Sindel players. I play Rose in SF4, and she reminds me of Sindel: two milfs with powers, low damage combos, zoning bitches that online scrubadubs hate. And like Sindel, in the latest patch she got jack shit despite being bottom 5 in the current iteration of the game.

If cartwheel couldn't have armor because of technical difficulties (lol, insert trollface) then couldn't they at LEAST have given her armored hair whip or shit, even fireball? Correct me if i'm wrong but is Sindel the only character with no armor on anything?

Magnet

No Longer Sh*t Tier!
Ugh, I feel for you Sindel players. I play Rose in SF4, and she reminds me of Sindel: two milfs with powers, low damage combos, zoning bitches that online scrubadubs hate. And like Sindel, in the latest patch she got jack shit despite being bottom 5 in the current iteration of the game.

If cartwheel couldn't have armor because of technical difficulties (lol, insert trollface) then couldn't they at LEAST have given her armored hair whip or shit, even fireball? Correct me if i'm wrong but is Sindel the only character with no armor on anything?
i also want to know if the same "tech issues" prevented her ex Hair Whip from getting armor. huh colt?

anyway: characters like ermac/Mileena/etc dont have armored moves but they obviously dont need it (mileena's defense is all in her d4/ermac's is in his specials) but thank you for comforting us :(

Delriach

Sindelly
Hotfix was released. here's what I can confirm:

B1 is a low. Scaling is still the same for B12 combos.

EX SCREAM IS SUPER FAST.

I can combo 4,4 1 into normal scream. Testing more.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Hotfix was released. here's what I can confirm:

B1 is a low. Scaling is still the same for B12 combos.

EX SCREAM IS SUPER FAST.

I can combo 4,4 1 into normal scream. Testing more.
AWESOME. Let us know if there's anything else. But this is good. Now I'm done crying.

Delriach

Sindelly
21 ex scream def works. B3 F2 scream is easier to link now. you can still do another B3 F2 after it. You'll now be able to really punish block teleports. It's awesome.