What's new

Sindel Patch notes Sept 23

cirkusfreaksho

All in a day's work
Lol before this patch...it was possible to link enhanced scream from b1 in the corner on sheeva only...pretty funny.....hey does forward 1,2 link into scream or or enhanced now?

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
i kind of doubt it. no doubt some players who wanted to pick her up but decided against it because she was ass will attempt to pick her up again and thats cool. the more the merrier. i dont think random players will just pick her up simply because of one new low starter though. its not enough alone but it helps a lot. besides b1 2 is far too slow to attempt without a JiP; which is why it will prove to be not nearly as useul in competitive play. the online warriors:have at it though!

I agree. I've learned jumping is a no no in offline competitive play. The B1 launcher is so slow you have to wait for unsafe strings for it to be effective. It is going to help online though! I'm forced to play online when I can't make it out of town for competitive play. My scene here is pretty much non existing lol. Believe me it really hurts your playing.

So what exactly is the optimal B12 combo?

B12 dash 3 scream JP 31 hair whip/cartwheel 22%?

In the corner,

B12 U4 1 scream JP 311 cartwheel 28%?

In the corner she can now chain 3 AA U4's into 1 scream JP 311 Cartwheel for 42% Pretty sure before the scream had to be en.

Her air to air JP options still seem limited.

How do you guys feel about the frame reduction nerf off JP's though? Do you think it will make using B3F2 outside of punishing hard?

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.

In the corner,

In the corner she can now chain 3 AA U4's into 1 scream JP 311 Cartwheel for 42% Pretty sure before the scream had to be en.

How do you guys feel about the frame reduction nerf off JP's though? Do you think it will make using B3F2 outside of punishing hard?

I haven't tinkered with her corner combos yet, but I find b12,yell,jip,b12,111,hairwhip the most damaging. I'm not sure about the % it is since it resets.

IF ANY OF YOU PLAY ONLINE, I recommend not using the yell since it drops half the time still due to lag, which really handicaps my game.

DanCock

Cock Master!!

In the corner,

did you just ask a question, and then answer it?? im real confused right now lol cause thats the best combo minus the 30%+xray combos from b1,2.. from what i could find..

I haven't tinkered with her corner combos yet, but I find b12,yell,jip,b12,111,hairwhip the most damaging. I'm not sure about the % it is since it resets.

IF ANY OF YOU PLAY ONLINE, I recommend not using the yell since it drops half the time still due to lag, which really handicaps my game.
I played a lot last night online and didnt drop one scream.

i think your wrong about the reset, sindel doesnt have any reset combos.. ( i could be wrong)

did you just ask a question, and then answer it?? im real confused right now lol cause thats the best combo minus the 30%+xray combos from b1,2.. from what i could find..

i think your wrong about the reset, sindel doesnt have any reset combos.. ( i could be wrong)
Was just wondering if that was the max damage combo off it. ♡

Closest thing to a reset she has is F12 levi cancel dash forward.

Magnet

No Longer Sh*t Tier!
sindel's b3 f2 chain (like all chains) still jailafter a JiP. the whole mass hysteria with the JiP advantage "nerf"fiasco is false.ALL chain combos done from a JiP still jail the opponent like before. the only difference is that now a Grab isnt guaranteed from a jiP. it was stated in the official patch notes.

You no longer get a completely free throw attempt after someone blocks your jump punch. The opponent has less block hit frames but chained combos from a jump punch will remain the same.
http://boards.themortalkombat.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=3&p=623511#p623511

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.

I played a lot last night online and didnt drop one scream.

I drop the yell frequently online, but when I'm in practice or playing against my friends I've hit it every time so far. Maybe my connection sucks, I'm forced to play with wireless right now.

hmmmm....there have been a few times in practice I've set the dummy to block and after I do the b12,yell the damage shows up, but he is still dazed and I can still combo. I thought it was a reset, but once again I think I'm having complications with the game.

Iustinus

Deus Fulminatus
Anyone else have problems landing a jip online after doing b3, 2 scream? Its not necessary, but I like the extra damage.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
I've got to say it....the yell is overrated. The only good purpose it serves is her 44% combo. I don't jip a lot which means I punish blocked attacks and now I use b12 more frequent. So if I do b12,yell,b12,dash,111,hair whip....there is only a 1% difference if I leave out the yell. Actually typing this out gave me a idea...and NVM apparently Sindel cant jp after a launcher. If that was possible there would be great use with it.

Magnet

No Longer Sh*t Tier!
Anyone else have problems landing a jip online after doing b3, 2 scream? Its not necessary, but I like the extra damage.
after the scream connects wait a while until the opponent starts to turn around in the stun animation (while they turn holding their ears). the enemy's hitbox actually LOWERS during that part of the animation.... so you have to time the JiP just a little bit later after the yell connects and the opponent has turned around--hit up training mode and practice it ;)

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
I'm having a problem with yell in general online due to my wireless connection haha. I've already heard of people doing her damaging combo online so it's possible. My connection isn't the best anyway, add wireless on top of that and it becomes a burden. I need to buy a ethernet cable the next time I can.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
This is glorious. First off, let me just mention, reading all the posts in this thread is like experiencing bi polar/ schizofrenia lol....first three pages are like condemning NRS to hell and then suddenly everyone is overjoyed and ready to bed NRS! Now for my critique for this patch...it's a bout time! I've always managed to garner success with Sindel as really using her as rush down but I would never even touch the scream...to me it was pointless....unless I got lucky and timed it right for an AA. Now that yell can actually be landed mid combo...this is spectacular. B1 being low is serious guys....dont underestimate how awesome this is!!! :)....now if only she had super armor on cartwheel Sindel would be the new Kung Lao....ok maybe not...the new Kitana!

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
This is glorious. First off, let me just mention, reading all the posts in this thread is like experiencing bi polar/ schizofrenia lol....first three pages are like condemning NRS to hell and then suddenly everyone is overjoyed and ready to bed NRS! Now for my critique for this patch...it's a bout time! I've always managed to garner success with Sindel as really using her as rush down but I would never even touch the scream...to me it was pointless....unless I got lucky and timed it right for an AA. Now that yell can actually be landed mid combo...this is spectacular. B1 being low is serious guys....dont underestimate how awesome this is!!! :)....now if only she had super armor on cartwheel Sindel would be the new Kung Lao....ok maybe not...the new Kitana!

grrr...people are seriously overstating the yell. Unless you're lucky enough to do her 40% combos it's great. If you're playing against a smart competitive player not so much haha. All it does is add 1 % on the smaller combos. So it's either go big using it and possibly be punished badly, or go smaller and smarter. B12 being a low launcher was the best thing they could have done. Good job to those guys.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Can you guys post the new post patch bread and butter combos.

People mentioned 44's and 50's...

Inputs?

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
grrr...people are seriously overstating the yell. Unless you're lucky enough to do her 40% combos it's great. If you're playing against a smart competitive player not so much haha. All it does is add 1 % on the smaller combos. So it's either go big using it and possibly be punished badly, or go smaller and smarter. B12 being a low launcher was the best thing they could have done. Good job to those guys.
It's the principle my friend! I found it so annoying that I couldn't link yell into combos (and when I did it was by the grace of God because the timing was so strict)...she just seems like she's finally put together! Plus I was clearly kidding about Sindel being the new Kung Lao...but the fix for the yell and the b1 hitting low is some great shit...just what she needed in my book! The Queen has risen...LIVING DEAD GIRL!!!

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
Just figured it out.

JIP, b3f2, scream, JIP, b2f3, b12, 11 - Whip for 42% or Xray for 52%.

Instead of doing 11 do 111, whip for 44%...but lets be honest that combo isn't practical. Against a neutral block, b12,yell,b12,b12,111, whip is. It's the second best combo post patch. Doing b12,b12 is gonna be the new thing. If someone is duck blocking, b3f2,b12 and do whatever since a yell can be blocked after the b3f2 in that position. Remember to play it safe :p

Husteen

Noob.
well, the first couple pages of this thread were hard to read. i'm gonna try and remember everything i wanted to say...

being able to jump and levitate while you're in the air sounds cool, but then again she can already fake a jump in with her air fireball.

the highest damage i got off of a B1 2 was: B1, 2, dash, 3, yell, jip, 2, 1, LC, grab. it came out to about 28% with the grab.

someone mentioned being able to combo after 44... does that mean she has less recovery frames after it? i've always used 44, B1, 2, etc.

can't wait to try B1, step up! still, B1 is only 1 frame less than 2 which all sindel players know is slow. might be able to use them as a small punisher.

i think it's retarded that the opponent dodges true high attacks after you yell at them...AKA her F3 will whiff.

her yell is not overrated. it's a perfect anti air which you can drive your opponent into by using your fireballs and now can be used in combos. it only adds +1% but it's very good considering rain's water bubble or sub zero's ice ball actually scales the damage even more at the cost of continuing the combo. sindel's yell actually adds to it and doesn't scale!

can someone tell me if F1, 2, 4, EX scream is possible in the corner? just thought it might be...

that's all i can remember now. i hope the patch is out on tuesday so us ps3 owners can finally see what's up! i'm tired of waiting >.<

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
Lol I was actually planning on maining sindel after completing story mode and seeing how badass she was and also the fact she fits my psn lol. I quickly dropped her for other characters though, she didn't feel complete and I hated her combos where scream would only hit whenever it felt like it.

Guess it's time to pick her up again :)