What's new

Question - Sonya Blade Should Sonya's aerial attacks get nerfed?

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
I pray to god sonya's jip1 gets absolutely BODIED in this patch. I want that bitch to never just jip semi-safe 50/50 for free ever again unless she conditions me with a dive kick. Also my friend told me that her jip1 is so active that sometimes it becomes a mid. I think reducing the startup and active frames would fix it
They should just make it so jumping in is not plus on block with the entire cast and then adjust some hitboxes here and there and Sonya's Jip wouldn't stick out so much.

Meep8345

Noob
They should just make it so jumping in is not plus on block with the entire cast and then adjust some hitboxes here and there and Sonya's Jip wouldn't stick out so much.
That would make me a lot less salty about her broken jip1 but she would still have great space control with it which is kinda fine I guess since I wouldn't have to hold a FREE semi-safe 50/50 after blocking her jip1. You can still AA but it's a scary risk unless you have great AA's but that might would fix a lot of jip that are just crazy rn

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
@Meep8345 the way I see it the jip being plus problem is not Sonya specific, only the crazy hitbox is imo, so if the next patch tones down the frames and makes some slight adjustments then Sonya should be ok.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
@Pan1cMode well that's why I would like for the entire cast to not be plus on block when jumping in, not just Sonya
The issue isn't really jump ins being plus on block as this a universal mechanic. The issue people seem to have is its range when there are other characters with comparable jump ins.

Really, people have issues with demo and so they pick apart everything they dislike about Sonya and claim OP. The reality is, her aerial game isn't inherently OP as proven by Special Forces.

jmt

Noob
I pray to god sonya's jip1 gets absolutely BODIED in this patch. I want that bitch to never just jip semi-safe 50/50 for free ever again unless she conditions me with a dive kick. Also my friend told me that her jip1 is so active that sometimes it becomes a mid. I think reducing the startup and active frames would fix it
That isn't happening, so get ready to cry.

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
I like how people complain about Kotal's ji1, even after it got nerfed. Aim your pitchforks and torches at this woman's ridiculous ji1.

Only thing I can say about her divekick is that it needs A LOT more whiff recovery. It's stupid. It's fine on block as far as I'm concerned. I get to punish it unless I mess up.
I mean. Keep in mind you and I bare the powers of the gods and have a 9f advancing mid. So punishing that dive kick is ez-pz

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Honestly guys the hitbox isn't even that bad.

Subzero, kotal, Kung Lao, Takeda, Alien all have jump ins that are much more difficult to anti-air.

Do you honestly feel that special forces Sonya needs a nerf?
If you try to anti crossup Sub-Zero, you're eating a combo lmao. I play Sub and I find it infuriating every time I'm in the mirror.

Meep8345

Noob
@Meep8345 the way I see it the jip being plus problem is not Sonya specific, only the crazy hitbox is imo, so if the next patch tones down the frames and makes some slight adjustments then Sonya should be ok.
Yeah it's not a sonya specific problem it's just out of all the characters why give her a crazy jump-in that jails into her semi-safe 50/50.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
First off Cages D2 is ultimate ass. It beats jump ins but most D2s in the game will, doesn't make it top tier lol.

Second if a move is unsafe, its unsafe for a reason. Saying git gud to people demanding to be able to punish a move (thats punishable) could be mirrored back at you, for the epic fail of using an unsafe move badly in the neutral.

Lastly, I can't see nerf Liu kangs jp1 threads, so if people are here discussing it; its probably busted.

I noticed some guy crying about Subzero. The truth is only the elite of the elite players can be good with subzero. No other character exposes your fundamentals the way subzero does. In short, if you struggle against subzero you are a scrub, plain and simple.

Reactions: RVB

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I noticed some guy crying about Subzero. The truth is only the elite of the elite players can be good with subzero. No other character exposes your fundamentals the way subzero does. In short, if you struggle against subzero you are a scrub, plain and simple.
Ooooooooorrrrr maybe your character has a really bad matchup against sub zero?

Tweedy

Noob
Honestly guys the hitbox isn't even that bad.

Subzero, kotal, Kung Lao, Takeda, Alien all have jump ins that are much more difficult to anti-air.

Do you honestly feel that special forces Sonya needs a nerf?
As of right now?

Alien only has a better jump in punch, from mid range, than Sonya, at this point IMO.

Kotal's was better but got toned down a little. Kung Lao's is trash now. Sub Zero's is good but it'll lose to Sonya's 10/10.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
As of right now?

Alien only has a better jump in punch, from mid range, than Sonya, at this point IMO.

Kotal's was better but got toned down a little. Kung Lao's is trash now. Sub Zero's is good but it'll lose to Sonya's 10/10.
Sonya's was toned down too. It's not nearly as disjointed as people think it is. (Granted it was stupid pre-patch).

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
If you try to anti crossup Sub-Zero, you're eating a combo lmao. I play Sub and I find it infuriating every time I'm in the mirror.
Ya know what's more infuriating in a sub mirror... using b12 on reaction to catch the klone start up and simply make it go away. I'm talking about that split second where the klone is about to form but you can push through it and hit sub cuz he's in recovery.
I love doing that in mirrors.

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
Ooooooooorrrrr maybe your character has a really bad matchup against sub zero?
IMO SZ doesn't have a single 7-3 matchup in his favor in MKX and I consider, in general, 6-4 matchups to be winnable if you know your character ins and outs, so a 6-4, against you, isn't the end of the world if you've put the time and work in with a character. That's why loyalists can take on bad matchups and still come out on top.

There's no way you're serious. ...are you?
The part with only the elite can be good with SZ is just an exaggeration but he did nail the part where SZ exposes how good your fundamentals are when you face him.

You see Sonya players prey on over aggression and bad spacing with jump back divekick all the time, that's what the klone does in a nutshell, you jump too much, you don't space yourself properly, you miss time your attacks, you're overly aggressive, all that gets you into the klone.
That's why scrubs will always have a bad time vs SZ. It's been like that since MK 3.

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
Blood God Kotal
High Tech Jacqui
Dragon Breath Bo Rai Cho
I gotta disagree with you on these ones, a 7-3 matchup for me at least is nigh unwinnable in a tournament format and I don't think these variations are in that position. Solid 6-4 for SZ yes.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I gotta disagree with you on these ones, a 7-3 matchup for me at least is nigh unwinnable in a tournament format and I don't think these variations are in that position. Solid 6-4 for SZ yes.
I'm sorry, but those matchups are nigh unwinnable.

Have you even tried playing them? Have you listened to the people trying who have tried them? You have no chance.

Dedlock

Noob
@thlityoursloat you have no clue what you're saying
On the topic at hand I'd just like for Sonia's divekick to be more punishable on wiff and that would be it as far as her air game is concerned
You have 13 frames to find something to punish her dive kick on whiff?

She also doesn't have an ex version for added insurance.