What's new

Question - Sonya Blade Should Sonya's aerial attacks get nerfed?

Demo is more baroque than Michelangelo Merisi da Caravaggio.

Wouldn't put her as more baroque-n than Mileena or Alien or Johannes Vermeer. But I'm essentially comparing cancer to aids at this point, so "whose the worst" is kinda irrelevant as far as they all need some toning down with the exception of Vermeer because he's kinda dead.

Back on topic, her j1 is super good because it's range, but perfectly AA-able. Not an issue to the point Sub Zero's j1 is ( extreme vertical hitbox, tucks in hurtbox, and magically teleports to the ground on hit because why not)

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
Demo is more baroque than Michelangelo Merisi da Caravaggio.

Wouldn't put her as more baroque-n than Mileena or Alien or Johannes Vermeer. But I'm essentially comparing cancer to aids at this point, so "whose the worst" is kinda irrelevant as far as they all need some toning down with the exception of Vermeer because he's kinda dead.

Back on topic, her j1 is super good because it's range, but perfectly AA-able. Not an issue to the point Sub Zero's j1 is ( extreme vertical hitbox, tucks in hurtbox, and magically teleports to the ground on hit because why not)
Lol I loved the "baroque". You're a genius.

Dedlock

Noob
If anything happens to Sonya, the same should happen to Takeda, Cage, Alien, Mileena, Ermac, D'Vorah, and Kano. If one of them gets it they all should.
Don't forget Scorpion jump in Kick that takes priority both in air and on ground and leads to a vortex.

I've studied the move and its priority goes against the games logic.

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
Who wouldn't hate SZ? SZ is a fucking (soap bar in my mouth).
no... it's easy to see why players hate SZ, because no other character exposes your mistakes as SZ does. If you don't have a good grasp of your character and your fundamentals are weak SZ will be an impenetrable wall.

Last edited:

thlityoursloat

kick kick
no... it's easy to see why players hate SZ, because no other character exposes your mistakes as SZ does. If you don't have a good grasp of your character and your fundamentals are weak SZ will be an impenetrable wall.
Oh no, I have to stand still while he rapes me with 50/50s because if I move I get 40% combo'd. Oops, my fundamentals SUCK.

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
Oh no, I have to stand still while he rapes me with 50/50s because if I move I get 40% combo'd. Oops, my fundamentals SUCK.
I'm not gonna derail this thread into another rant about SZ so I'm going to leave it at this.
If you get cornered so easily then your fundamentals do suck.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
I'm not gonna derail this thread into another rant about SZ so I'm going to leave it at this.
If you get cornered so easily then your fundamentals do suck.
SZ has excellent corner carry, dog.
Also, if you need an ez mode special that automatically shuts down most of the cast whenever you want, then maybe youre the one with bad fundamentals.

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
@thlityoursloat you have no clue what you're saying
On the topic at hand I'd just like for Sonia's divekick to be more punishable on wiff and that would be it as far as her air game is concerned

it's easy to see why players hate SZ, because no other character exposes your mistakes as SZ does. If you don't have a good grasp of your character and your fundamentals are weak SZ will be an impenetrable wall.
The derailment was totally worth this gem..

Clearly, only gawdlike players who makes sex with many women can be good with Sub Zero. Anyone playing at less than perfection and not strikingly handsome will be exposed trying to wield the Ultimate Trial of Fundamentals that is Sub Zero.

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
The derailment was totally worth this gem..

Clearly, only gawdlike players who makes sex with many women can be good with Sub Zero. Anyone playing at less than perfection and not strikingly handsome will be exposed trying to wield the Ultimate Trial of Fundamentals that is Sub Zero.
there you go putting words in my mouth again... a bit of a nasty habit you picked up there, Tony boy
But to answer that and put your lil restless mind at ease, nope, playing SZ does not require any spectacular skill or out of this world execution, the character is straight forward, simple, I'd go as far as to say it's basic.
What it does better than the entire cast is punishing mistakes... that's it.

Case closed... back to Sonya and the topic at hand.

Meep8345

Noob
I pray to god sonya's jip1 gets absolutely BODIED in this patch. I want that bitch to never just jip semi-safe 50/50 for free ever again unless she conditions me with a dive kick. Also my friend told me that her jip1 is so active that sometimes it becomes a mid. I think reducing the startup and active frames would fix it