What's new

Question - Sonya Blade Should Sonya's aerial attacks get nerfed?

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Please, let me punish her consistently. lol

I think its fine, and should stay, i do thing that all JIP's should be Nerfed acxross the board, and AA's should be buffed. so in a way that JIP's are still very strong, but AA's are good enough that each character has a unique one to use, if they are on point and ready they can EAsily Combo from a bad Jump in, or those players that think its ok to Jump like a mad man.

But in the should she get JIP or pushback nerfed, no. the reason Pushback is there is so, there is no gap inbetween hits.

obviously they could lower it while still keeping no gap. but i kinda like Pushback and use it in my strtegy alot online. mainly its my Tool to fight against Cancel Pressure characters, like Johnny, who get that for free. while i have a character that has Zero Tools like that. when i use Kanshi what saves me is trying to use Pushback to my advantage to saty moderatly safe.

As for Sonya Nerfs:

i want Demo to get the brunt of it. her Grenades should go away on Hit or if they hit Sonya while she blocks, it should go away as well. thats fair.

Now Covert Ops is strong and all, maybe having small gaps in the Mixup to mixup Senerios would be suffecient. the B14 allready has a gap in it. but maybe a small one between the to attempts.

i just don't want Special Forces to suffer from the patches, and nerfing her allready nerfed Divekick/JIP would do just that. and i don't believe that fair. honstly i just started with Special Forces and she is strong, and Very much Fun. nothing really broke. has good mixups, but really she has gaps in everything. its just the Guress factor that makes it hard.

and Besides,

Anti Airing her JIP1 is easy.
what i would call tricky is her Back jump dive Kick wich is very punishable by alot of the cast. i know some have problems with it, but thats not a reason to nerf, that is because they have no Practiced punishing it enough. each character has different pushback and a different timeing to punis these different moves with different amounts of pushback.