What's new

General/Other - Shinnok Shinnok General Discussion Thread

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
necromancer needed a buff .-., flick should have a close mid and far command. un enhanced grab should be safe ish.
Meh I don't know if Flick needs a close and far command, maybe just made slightly quicker to sort it still not tracking runs against a few characters. I think DF4 should be safe(r) though so we have something safe to cancel strings into without having to spend meter.

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
I really don't think there's anything they can do barring a complete revamp of the character to make him any better anyway in Necromancer.

I'm just glad we have two really good variations instead of one.

Youphemism

I really don't think there's anything they can do barring a complete revamp of the character to make him any better anyway in Necromancer.

I'm just glad we have two really good variations instead of one.
Anything would make him better in Necromancer. All he needs is a safe special to cancel into since he's so meter heavy (I'd say DF4) and for his Flick to track better which could be done either by making Flick faster or by just fixing it but they haven't done it completely right already so may as well go with the first option.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Anything would make him better in Necromancer. All he needs is a safe special to cancel into since he's so meter heavy (I'd say DF4) and for his Flick to track better which could be done either by making Flick faster or by just fixing it but they haven't done it completely right already so may as well go with the first option.
Flick -6, slightly better tracking or make it harder to jump over. That way you can stay safe but have a gap from most of your strings (or be gapless but unsafe w/o bar with amulet). Make grab MBable on hit like takedas punches.

Youphemism

Flick -6, slightly better tracking or make it harder to jump over. That way you can stay safe but have a gap from most of your strings (or be gapless but unsafe w/o bar with amulet). Make grab MBable on hit like takedas punches.
Flick being safe wouldn't matter though, the whole point of them nerfing it to -8 was to make the point that Flick isn't to be used up close. There's already a gap between most things cancelled into it anyway. It needs to be a better zoning tool. I'd also like DF4 MBable on hit.

The Leatherface vortex is riiiiidiiiiiiiiiculousssssss

112xxHS (burn the 3rd), ji2xxIAnjp, 112xxchainsaw, jip, 112xxdb1

Like whaaaaaaaaaaaat, if you go for damage you're getting like 46-48% off of a full combo. You can probably hit 50%, I didn't really work at it for that long.
After patch you can do more damage with this anti-Letherface combo (or any other character who we steal restanding combo extenders from).
After the Chainsaw sparks restand now you can Ji2xxTelexxJi1,312xxdb1 - Nuuuuts)

A couple players I've played or talked to had no clue just how amazing Imposter is now. So for those not in the know about Imposter in MKXL, now you know.

Top 10 confirmed. :p
Does the Ji4 actually jail into the tele Ji4 into another tele Ji1???or at least into the ji1, string, etc. I couldn't get it to work)

D. R.

Noob
Does the Ji4 actually jail into the tele Ji4 into another tele Ji1???or at least into the ji1, string, etc. I couldn't get it to work)
Ji4xxtele~Ji4 is just a gimmick to build meter. Ji4xxtele~Ji1 does jail though. So to answer your question, no, Ji4xxtele~Ji4xxtele~Ji1 doesn't jail, it just looks cool. I dubbed it "The Stairway to Hell" just because it looks like he's walking downward. Lol

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
Ji4xxtele~Ji4 is just a gimmick to build meter. Ji4xxtele~Ji1 does jail though. So to answer your question, no, Ji4xxtele~Ji4xxtele~Ji1 doesn't jail, it just looks cool. I dubbed it "The Stairway to Hell" just because it looks like he's walking downward. Lol
You could definitely trick someone with that though, at least once if they're unfamiliar lol:p that's unreal - you on PS4?

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
I'm just getting back into the game so this is probably basic stuff... What method(s) aside from armor are opponents generally using to counter Imposter's teleport attempts? Just trying to avoid it and null it out? D2? Air-to-air? Blocking?

I had my first experience earlier as Cryo Sub. D2 seemed inconsistent. NJP's weren't didn't seem to work on reaction. I had the most success by reacting and doing instant jump-in 3. Otherwise, if I felt I might be late, block and wait my turn. It worked fairly well, was just annoying having to counter 100 teleport attempts. Is that about all one should expect to get without using armor? Maybe I can work on following up even with just a Slide?

These mostly weren't instant/low-to-the-ground teleports, so consider that.

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
I'm just getting back into the game so this is probably basic stuff... What method(s) aside from armor are opponents generally using to counter Imposter's teleport attempts? Just trying to avoid it and null it out? D2? Air-to-air? Blocking?

I had my first experience earlier as Cryo Sub. D2 seemed inconsistent. NJP's weren't didn't seem to work on reaction. I had the most success by reacting and doing instant jump-in 3. Otherwise, if I felt I might be late, block and wait my turn. It worked fairly well, was just annoying having to counter 100 teleport attempts. Is that about all one should expect to get without using armor? Maybe I can work on following up even with just a Slide?

These mostly weren't instant/low-to-the-ground teleports, so consider that.
If they weren't instant then d2/s1/armour is your best bet I would say

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
How does one go about fighting a Shinnok? I get stuck in the loop of f4, hellsparks, ex into combo or just looped block strings of ex hellsparks in the corner. I can't figure out when it's my turn to hit buttons and get punished for it. Any advice would be nice.

I love how dead our section of the forum is right now. Let everyone nerf cyborgs and other dlcs. I have written that in that in the Mimicry vortex thread -
I think the Air Tricky portal mix up after landing the Mimicry is much more viable after the patch, we can now go into the 6 frame Ji1 out of the tele instead of 9 frame NJP, which makes fuzzying Empty tele F4/ TelexxJi1 a bit harder, we DON'T have to worry about having an NJP in our combos and getting a splat after trying to start another combo with NJP, and we still get the F4/B3 mix up after Ji1 or an empty Air tricky portal)

Although the general chip nerf and easier throw breaks hurt some. But the possibilities with Jailing Ji4xxTelexxJi1 into string, mix up or a throw are now so awesome!!