What's new

General/Other - Shinnok Shinnok General Discussion Thread

Goat-City

Banned
I only use it in Impostor as a chipping string after Mimicry on hit, canceling it into either hell sparks or into stolen chipping moves like Cassie's Guns. It is also good for high damage after using stolen trance or scorpion's spear, and then going for Jip,312xx Mimicry.
Alright I see. That string really needs to be a low. I can see why they made it a mid though since it's a safe launcher and hit confirmable, but they could just decrease the cancel advantage so mimicry wouldn't combo off it, just shoulder charge and dark beam.

D. R.

Noob
In case some of you all didn't get to experience the beta, Imposter is looking to be top 10 material IMO thanks to that tele buff. The amount of chip he gets seemingly free now is crazy and JiK4xxtele~JiP1 jailing is insane. I have so many things to test. :D

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
In case some of you all didn't get to experience the beta, Imposter is looking to be top 10 material IMO thanks to that tele buff. The amount of chip he gets seemingly free now is crazy and JiK4xxtele~JiP1 jailing is insane. I have so many things to test. :D
Yeah it's pretty nuts honestly. It probably doesn't jail by any means but like raw sparks into IAjip is stupid pressure

Krabman

Noob
I really don't see the logic in giving imposter the option to jump in punch after tele. That shit is way too stupid...

ArmedCalf

Other than that the variation seems relatively unchanged. He's just reeeeeeally nice now.

ArmedCalf

Ji4xxIAjip, 112xxHS (MB the 2nd) does 12% chip.

@D. R. Is there a trick to getting the ji4 to jail into the jip?

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
If I get on MKX when this patch is finished updating and Necromancers only change is to his OTG I'm done playing it.
Lol so Necro's otg took a damage hit
Of course they nerfed a variation that didn't need nerfed and they buffed one that didn't need it, same thing happened to Kano. Absolute fucking insanity.
I really don't see the logic in giving imposter the option to jump in punch after tele. That shit is way too stupid...
Because clearly the rushdown aspects of the game needed to be improved as the zoning is too strong. Haven't you heard? Impostor was unviable before the patch and Necromancer could destroy everyone with his 20+ frame zoning tools. I mean Flick hits mid, that's just bananas!!1!!1!1!11!!!1
Shinnok steals farts from Bo x)
That's good that they gave him a meterless combo extender, hopefully he's got most strings to link into it.

ArmedCalf

Okay so Shinnok steals the OH tail slam from Alien (vortex)

The sparks reset from Leatherface (vortex)

Bo Rai Cho's fart (vortex)

Sektor's uppercut (vortex)

Cyrax's net (vortex)

Cyber Sub-Zero's ice ball (vortex)

And Smoke's smoke bomb (vortex)

Lmao (in the right thread now lol)

ArmedCalf

The Leatherface vortex is riiiiidiiiiiiiiiculousssssss

112xxHS (burn the 3rd), ji2xxIAnjp, 112xxchainsaw, jip, 112xxdb1

Like whaaaaaaaaaaaat, if you go for damage you're getting like 46-48% off of a full combo. You can probably hit 50%, I didn't really work at it for that long.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
The Leatherface vortex is riiiiidiiiiiiiiiculousssssss

112xxHS (burn the 3rd), ji2xxIAnjp, 112xxchainsaw, jip, 112xxdb1

Like whaaaaaaaaaaaat, if you go for damage you're getting like 46-48% off of a full combo. You can probably hit 50%, I didn't really work at it for that long.
Not sure about gravity but you can end in jip 312 mimicry after restand