What's new

General/Other - Shinnok Shinnok General Discussion Thread

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
... What if he could dash cancel his unblockable in Necro along with having it 2 for 1.

... Or is that too much.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Can people pls stop asking for pressure tools for Necromancer, that's not the point of the variation #BibleThump

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
Can people pls stop asking for pressure tools for Necromancer, that's not the point of the variation #BibleThump
Never hurts to think outside the box! Honestly there's no reason the variation can't be played both ways. Mind you it's clearly the zoning variation but it would help it if they fixed flick and then gave him pressure to get out of close-range situations!

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Never hurts to think outside the box! Honestly there's no reason the variation can't be played both ways. Mind you it's clearly the zoning variation but it would help it if they fixed flick and then gave him pressure to get out of close-range situations!
Thinking outside the box is fine but there's nothing wrong with Necromancer's design, it's just that the way they implemented it isn't as effective as it could be :p Necro players trying to pressure are going to have a hard time against someone who knows the matchup lol, then again his zoning is pretty mediocre at the moment so people who know the matchup can deal with the zoning relatively easily too :( When's Necromancer buffsssssssssssssssssss?

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
There is very much wrong with his design hence why he needs buffs.

I still insist Flick should of never been made -8 on block and I really don't see him as a zoning character with his tools the way they are. Not like Shinnok isn't already zoner-ish with Hellsparks. Plus, Bone Shaper even zones better so uh. Then again this is not a primarily zone heavy game to begin with, all pressure oriented. He needs many things, but I'm not gonna campaign for them when his other two variants are great.

ArmedCalf

Thinking outside the box is fine but there's nothing wrong with Necromancer's design, it's just that the way they implemented it isn't as effective as it could be :p Necro players trying to pressure are going to have a hard time against someone who knows the matchup lol, then again his zoning is pretty mediocre at the moment so people who know the matchup can deal with the zoning relatively easily too :( When's Necromancer buffsssssssssssssssssss?
Okay but anyone who plays the variation knows that people are gonna get in. It's a variation that has 1 chance at keeping people out. You're literally making fullscreen reads with df4, db1 or db1b. Honestly like with those 3 commands, you can ruin people. But he can't deal with zoning OR with people getting in. Flick would help deal more with zoning but cancellable pressure would help with people up close. Not that I want it - I would rather an armour launcher - but it would help the variation. I never liked the notion of a variation that HAS to be rushdown/zoning. I played an up close in yo face Cyborg in Injustice when he was supposed to be a zoner. If a variation has potential in a certain area then it is what it is.

I would love for necromancer to finally get those fixed buffs that we were promised but only got a half attempt of fixing the problem. DB1, BF2, and DF4 all whiffs and it's really annoying. Plus, why is it that one of his 312 string + Judgement grab whiffs on all male characters but, the females are fine?
Stuff like this would help necromancer become the zoning variation that it is.

Any Shinnok players out there use down1xxHS as a kind of a gimmicky frame trap?

I find it can catch people who try to counterpoke. It's my last resort gimmick with Shinnok (a character with few gimmicks)

x-azeez

Bullet with your name on it
Any Shinnok players out there use down1xxHS as a kind of a gimmicky frame trap?

I find it can catch people who try to counterpoke. It's my last resort gimmick with Shinnok (a character with few gimmicks)
its a good gimmick ... but unfortunately not enough pushback for all three hellsparks .. i use it all the time (( only when i have meter ))

How do you guys think GGPO will effect BS Shinnok's performance online?

Personally I think he will still be as good if not better.
He doesn't really abuse lag tactics although it might be easier for people to punish B3.

ArmedCalf

D1xxHS is dope af

Also I think once the GGPO drops people will finally stop complaining about Shinnok

ArmedCalf

So how many of you folks are on PSN? I wouldn't mind getting some mirrors in some time or exchanging tech. It's neat to see the set-ups that other Shinnok players use.

I suppose that Imposter Shinnok will steal a different move from Triborg depending on his active variation.

maybe Teleport punch from Sektor, net from Cyrax and Bomb from Smoke so he can vortex

Can any Shinnok player tell me if the 312 string has any practical use at all in any of his variations?
I only use it in Impostor as a chipping string after Mimicry on hit, canceling it into either hell sparks or into stolen chipping moves like Cassie's Guns. It is also good for high damage after using stolen trance or scorpion's spear, and then going for Jip,312xx Mimicry.