What's new

General/Other - Shinnok Shinnok General Discussion Thread

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
Fun fact of the day (discovered this a while back), f224xxEX hell sparks has no gap. Bait away fellas and gals.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)

I play against Aura and Kevo a lot online and they always catch me on it. It's a super sick way to command respect
Why even do F224 then since it's unsafe and you'll need 2 bars to make it safe? Just hit confirm F22 instead of making a meter hungry character more meter deprived :p

Last edited:

ArmedCalf

Why even do F224 then since it's unsafe and you'll need 2 bars to make it safe? Just hit confirm F22 instead of making a meter hungry character more meter deprived :p
You can spend 2 if you want. If I ever do it and get punished for it then I'll throw out 1 bar, usually catch, and then I won't get punished for f224 for a lonnnnnnng time. If Imposter relied on everythat that was safe he'd be sitting with no meter half the match.
Do what ever you want but it's still a bait.

thats a whole lot of meter though, i assume u'd convert to a combo? might as well just go with ex amulet then.
Does it have armour I forget? Also I thought it wasn't as fast? I'd assume it'd be blown up. This is a high risk/high reward thing,

ArmedCalf

YOOOO just had an idea - can someone confirm or deny this for me? If Imposter throws out a force ball and you grab Reptile and the grab breaks because the ball hits, can you tech roll and combo off of it???? I'm away from my PS4 so I can't check this. Even if you can like throw out EX sparks, I really wanna know this. If not midscreen than maybe the corner??

Spose I should tag people for this @Youphemism @RM_NINfan101 @oaoo94 @KHAOTIC True Grave @slacked @WhoYouWit559 @AllTheOtherImposterMains

Last edited:

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
YOOOO just had an idea - can someone confirm or deny this for me? If Imposter throws out a force ball and you grab Reptile and the grab breaks, can you tech roll and combo off of it???? I'm away from my PS4 so I can't check this. Even if you can like throw out EX sparks, I really wanna know this. If not midscreen than maybe the corner??
Forceball recovery is too slow to get the grab to hit first post-mimicry.

Profound sadness...

SamZ

Noob
Just started playing B.S. He's really fun, different than the typical mkx "rushdown and 50/50". I do think he's good, but what makes him top 5 like I'm seeing in lots of "tier" lists? I just don't see it, but maybe I'm playing him wrong?

ArmedCalf

Just started playing B.S. He's really fun, different than the typical mkx "rushdown and 50/50". I do think he's good, but what makes him top 5 like I'm seeing in lots of "tier" lists? I just don't see it, but maybe I'm playing him wrong?
Honestly, armoured scoop. People will name some other stuff (re-stand, good damage, solid zoning) but EX scoop is ridiiiiiiiiculous.

hes not top 5. Top 10 Definitely

CL_ZBFD

Sr Saurio
I think at this point not having a thread on what we'd like for KP2 would be cooler.. in my case it'd be to just change the couple of useless stolen moves from mimicry (Jason, Predator, perhaps Takeda)... to resist the temptation to go with BS for those matchups.. and just please don't mess up any of his variations. A great extra would be a bit of love to the tracking for necromancer's specials.. nothing major.. just a bit better.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Lol it's why I only said good:p, but I mean 30% and a restand isn't miserable when it comes down to it. Tack on a throw and make it 42%...mmm....'licks lips'
You usually get 26% with a restand. And the restand leaves you at neutral :(

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
YOOOO just had an idea - can someone confirm or deny this for me? If Imposter throws out a force ball and you grab Reptile and the grab breaks because the ball hits, can you tech roll and combo off of it???? I'm away from my PS4 so I can't check this. Even if you can like throw out EX sparks, I really wanna know this. If not midscreen than maybe the corner??

Spose I should tag people for this @Youphemism @RM_NINfan101 @oaoo94 @KHAOTIC True Grave @slacked @WhoYouWit559 @AllTheOtherImposterMains
After F224~ball, if they stay full screen and let you grab them then you can run past the ball, grab them, tech roll the collision and get a D1 if you time it right. Otherwise ex sparks works too.