What's new

General/Other - Shinnok Shinnok General Discussion Thread

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
I mentioned this a while back and haven't really found a lot of set-ups for it, but if Shinnok gets a hard knockdown (njk), he can do some weird reversal shit. Like if you run towards the downed opponent and jump at the right time, the inputs for their wake-up attack will flip.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
I mentioned this a while back and haven't really found a lot of set-ups for it, but if Shinnok gets a hard knockdown (njk), he can do some weird reversal shit. Like if you run towards the downed opponent and jump at the right time, the inputs for their wake-up attack will flip.
You can do it in the corner by ending your combos with 1123, then dash in and neutral jump. I use it quite often. I saw D.R first using it.

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
Hard knockdown, dash up and then neutral to get the same effect. That's IGAU tech right there.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Lol every character can do that :p

ArmedCalf

So I went into the lab against Quan-Chi and set him to the EX Sky Drop reversal. It appears to be a pretty tight link (maybe a frame or two) but after landing Mimicry, you can do jip, 112xxdb2 (EX the first spark), and if you do it tight enough f22 can actually stop the move. As much as Shinnok mains don't want to burn their meter doing blockstrings, this is kinda nice

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Not sure if it's been mentioned or not but Impostor can do Sub Zero's ice ball, uppercut brutality to him and Ermac's lift brutality to him.

CL_ZBFD

Sr Saurio
Shinnok can do all brutalities with specials as far as I know as long as he satisfies the conditions.. Sonya's for example

True Grave

If that special move has a brutality linked to it then Shinnok will more than likely be able to do their brutalities with them too.

ArmedCalf

I could never get the Ermac brutality to work, the only ones that I can get consistently are Sonya, D'vorah, Mileena and Kung Jin.

Damn I've been in practice mode with the guy so much I feel like I have some other stuff to share. I suppose another helpful in is that if you ever get stuck in Jason's pursuit move, up forward circle is usually a safe bet in the corner (either comes out as mimicry or hell sparks MOST of the time). I personally just do a reverse tele (down up down) but that's just me.

Also for swag purposes and anyone interested about styling on Predator players (a post mimicry combo).

NJP, Hell Sparks (EX the first spark), activate stealth, d1xxhell sparks (ex the 3rd spark), RC, f2xxbf1.

That was the only combo I could come up with that used the cloak mid combo. Off-topic, but does anyone have any unknown ways to hit Sub-Zero with his own ice ball?

True Grave

I could never get the Ermac brutality to work, the only ones that I can get consistently are Sonya, D'vorah, Mileena and Kung Jin.

Damn I've been in practice mode with the guy so much I feel like I have some other stuff to share. I suppose another helpful in is that if you ever get stuck in Jason's pursuit move, up forward circle is usually a safe bet in the corner (either comes out as mimicry or hell sparks MOST of the time). I personally just do a reverse tele (down up down) but that's just me.

Also for swag purposes and anyone interested about styling on Predator players (a post mimicry combo).

NJP, Hell Sparks (EX the first spark), activate stealth, d1xxhell sparks (ex the 3rd spark), RC, f2xxbf1.

That was the only combo I could come up with that used the cloak mid combo. Off-topic, but does anyone have any unknown ways to hit Sub-Zero with his own ice ball?
For sub, just MB the third Hell Spark then do ice ball, dash, NJP, 22, mimicry. Overhead, MB 1st Hell Spark, ice ball, dash, NJP, 22, mimicry.

Also 112 ice ball connects and f2 ice ball if you can manage it. (Opponent must be grounded for both)

ArmedCalf

For sub, just MB the third Hell Spark then do ice ball, dash, NJP, 22, mimicry. Overhead, MB 1st Hell Spark, ice ball, dash, NJP, 22, mimicry.

Also 112 ice ball connects and f2 ice ball if you can manage it. (Opponent must be grounded for both)
f2 ice ball works? I didn't know that actually, that's slick business. I've been hitting the low string consistently by doing IAtele instead of a dash after the ice ball. I'm stoked that f2 works though, I'm gonna mess around with that, while I have you here Grave, do you know if f2xxforce ball works?

True Grave

f2 ice ball works? I didn't know that actually, that's slick business. I've been hitting the low string consistently by doing IAtele instead of a dash after the ice ball. I'm stoked that f2 works though, I'm gonna mess around with that, while I have you here Grave, do you know if f2xxforce ball works?
I'm gonna try that iA Tele for shits and giggles. As far as reptile goes, I'm not sure. Haven't labbed that Tbh, but I usually use it for setups and pressure. If f2 connects it then I'll check it out. Let me know if it does if you're labbing atm. At work.

Trying to learn this character. Is there a difference in frame data between meter burning the different hits of hellsparks? I was watching Wound Cowboy vs Forever King and he seems to meter burn the first, second, and third hits (although usually the first hit).

ArmedCalf

Trying to learn this character. Is there a difference in frame data between meter burning the different hits of hellsparks? I was watching Wound Cowboy vs Forever King and he seems to meter burn the first, second, and third hits (although usually the first hit).
They all leave you +14 but it all depends. If you meter burn the third hit then your opponent can use an armoured attack to reach you or simply backdash to avoid taking damage. The other two leave you safe to back away or attempt to rush in and get something else going. However, nothing is guaranteed if your opponent blocks any of the meter burn sparks.

Run up F4 is very important to BS Shinnok's game.

After a throw you get a run up F4 check that the opponent can only backdash or armor.

After MB HS you get a run up F4 check that the opponent can backdash, armor and jump out to escape, but those options are risky.

After Dark Beam restand the opponents only option to escape run up F4 is armor.

After Scoop the opponents only option to escape is armor.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
I'm having a problem with IA tricky portal, and I was wondering if anyone else has the same issue/if there's anything I can actually do with it. See, I'm on PC and after my controller broke, I started using a keyboard to play like I did during I:GAU. Shortly after, I picked up Impostor, bound a second up button and had some pretty decent IA teleports just by pressing up, down, up really fast (type srs as fast as you can and you'll have an idea). It was fine; I got a lot of work out of it.

Then yesterday I was watching Ketchup and Mustard's stream and they explained how they do it on a controller (hold down on analog stick and double tap up). I thought I could apply this concept to my game, and now most of my teleports are too low. Most of the time I hit the ground before I can actually get an njk or njp to come out. I figure it's a good problem to have, but I was wondering if there was any possible dirt I could get out of this? Maybe empty tricky portal, f4, throw, or something like that. I'm hesitant to actually try this because it ultimately is a gimmick, and I get enough of those playing Venomous D'vorah.

ArmedCalf

IA tele makes mix-ups a little more unpredictable and there is some dirty stuff, I've been doing jipxxIATele since week 1. But ultimately it's all pretty gimmicky stuff

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
Hi shinnok mains, a'm not a shinnok player but discovered something today and was surprised, not sure if all of you know it, but in skeleton variation Amulet destroy ennemi fireballs :)