What's new

Match-up Discussion Shazams true Match up Chart.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
what risk does shazam take having a safe (90% of the time) torpedo that forces the opponent into ridiculous knockdown setups and having 50/50 command grab setups which are more a 75/25 when he can torpedo out of them and be safe.
He has unsafe stings, T-Rex Arms. Punishable command grabs if blocked. Terrible Zoning. But he does out Damage Killer frost and avoids her Meterless vortex. Although Killer frost can bait the Wake up teleport like most of the cast.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
what risk does shazam take having a safe (90% of the time) torpedo that forces the opponent into ridiculous knockdown setups and having 50/50 command grab setups which are more a 75/25 when he can torpedo out of them and be safe.
You can just hit us with daggers and I'm sure slide beats torpedo...
You have superior range on your normals, We do have great setups from knock down of which most are just beat or escaped by the slide.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
You can just hit us with daggers and I'm sure slide beats torpedo...
You have superior range on your normals, We do have great setups from knock down of which most are just beat or escaped by the slide.
slide does not beat torpedo, slide doesn't even beat d1.
Shazam knockdown setups involve him dashing/jumping over you all of which would prevent the wakeup slide altogether or worse case scenario; send it in the other direction which can be whiff punished with torpedo.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
slide does not beat torpedo, slide doesn't even beat d1.
Shazam knockdown setups involve him dashing/jumping over you all of which would prevent the wakeup slide altogether or worse case scenario; send it in the other direction which can be whiff punished with torpedo.
No the dash over setups are beat so easily by the slide, jumps are cool but the dash overs don't help one little bit.
Daggers beat torpedo, granted we can punish you with it if we block an iceberg.
I can see your point, but I don't think we have superior safer mixups... by no means are we safer! but perhaps we do okay against you still.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
can we have a new match-up chart with more thorough discussion?

i think for a still-evolving character like Shazam it might be better to go with more ambiguous lines here, saying "definitive" numbers will not be constructive to anything. i also think he is better than credited for

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
can we have a new match-up chart with more thorough discussion?

i think for a still-evolving character like Shazam it might be better to go with more ambiguous lines here, saying "definitive" numbers will not be constructive to anything. i also think he is better than credited for
I think maybe 1 or 2 could do with more discussion but otherwise for the most part these MU's are true.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
nah, if 1 or 2 can change, then all of them can change

for better or worse
Potentially you are correct, with an ever evolving character it can change quickly.
but for this time being this is close to dead on now, you can give lee way here or there but you have to find the middle ground at the end of the day.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Bit confused on this one, i've played some alright MMH's and i've done okay against them i'm no 100% at all though.

I can't see it going worse than 4-6 but it might even be even who knows right now.
I don't know alot of high level MMH's.
Just one fairly good one but it's not a solid.

I beat the guy a bit more with my Shazam on this guy, but I think there's some skill level gap there perhaps but he beats my lobo who's pretty tight now too.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
But i'm in denial about Aquaman and have never probably played a good enough one?
I've played good ones, not brady or theo level I guess.

Whatever I argue you can win it. but i know many of you disagree.