What's new

Match-up Discussion Shazams true Match up Chart.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
the only ones I really have some experience with are lex and ga, and i obviously have not played the xxl3g1t "top players" but from what ive seen other than small differences in tech it doesn't change too much for the matchup. Idk about mmh I could see how he could possibly destroy shazam, but to me there aren't that many things he can do to completely shut him out, at the very highest it would be 7-3 but id stick with a firm 6-4

green arrow is a superior character to shazam so I can see why you have problems with him, but matchup wise I don't think its any worse than 5-5
Could you please explain to be actual reasons why the Green Arrow Matchup is a 5-5

zoofs

bless
Could you please explain to be actual reasons why the Green Arrow Matchup is a 5-5
like I stated, I don't have true 100% matchup experience at the highest level against the characters he listed, I was just giving my personal thoughts on the matchup, but I believe it could be 5-5 or 6-4 at worst.

up close ga has nothing that completely dominates the mu, savage blast is probably the biggest problem, especially when meter burned.. you can make a read on the wakeup or if they just throw out a random one up close, it's risky and I see how the matchup could possibly be in ga's favour as pretty much all of shazams safe options get shut down by it but its not THAT difficult to deal with. You can torpedo through it or advancing teleport, you can also b2/b23 if timed right i think.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
TKT ZigZag i have the lex mu as possibly in shazam's favor. his teleports and some things like b2~torpedo shut down a lot of lex's ability to do stuff.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Shazam is one of the few chars who can deal with Lex's trait up close with mixing things up with torpedo. Like, if I don't react immediately to hit a b2 I have to block torpedo or you can whiff punish me trying to do something. Then you can run away with teleports and stuff a lot.

If I'm remembering right, Shazam can also teleport through the probe shot and over mines, which throws a wrench into Lex's strategy

Indecisive

He is able to teleport through those correct. You just need to have the proper timing and make sure not to teleport into the mine or into a probe hit. I feel like the shazam Matchup against GA is just terrible. I do need more GA experience. But i have yet to think of a way around a well timed back shot. Obviously if they are just throwing it out there then there are ways to punish it. But in situations where they are a good GA player what are are options.

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
Shazam is one of the few chars who can deal with Lex's trait up close with mixing things up with torpedo. Like, if I don't react immediately to hit a b2 I have to block torpedo or you can whiff punish me trying to do something. Then you can run away with teleports and stuff a lot.
Lex can zone shazam with lance blast and probe all day, cc/3/jback3/d3 when he gets a little close. Lex with trait up limits shazam options. on knockdown lex can backdash hold lance blast and keep him at bay or punish wakeup torpedo or teleport.

BlackBryan

B*tch Distributor
I think i accidentally deleted my comment instead of editing it. I'm free to the internet.

Anyways, i know Shazam can tele out of mine setups pretty easily, but I've really only played lex's online, and a short set with clint @ tfc. The few times I've played it seemed very 5/5 ish to me, but i also didn't feel incredibly over worked like i do in certain 5-5's like DD, Batgirl, Arrow etc... Shazam has the tools to deal with all of those characters, but for some reason, win or lose, i always feel like i worked so hard. After fighting Lex i feel like the first hit sort of dictated the rest of the match, and from then on there was either nothing i could do, or nothing they could do.

zoofs

bless
He is able to teleport through those correct. You just need to have the proper timing and make sure not to teleport into the mine or into a probe hit. I feel like the shazam Matchup against GA is just terrible. I do need more GA experience. But i have yet to think of a way around a well timed back shot. Obviously if they are just throwing it out there then there are ways to punish it. But in situations where they are a good GA player what are are options.
it really just comes down to making reads, which is exactly why im sort of unsure about the matchup now, it felt like 5-5 before but yeah you do have to play pretty randomly against ga, and just do a lot of risky stuff.

Indecisive

I would say Keep Lex Blank for now. I only got to play Revolver for 3 games so i cant really give my expedience. But i would say take his word on it being a 5-5 or 6-4. Forgot what his numbers where. When i played against him i lost because i had no idea what lex was able to do and he knew the Matchup better then i did. So for now i would keep it blank.

Uber

Noob
Shazam vs Green Arrow is definitely not 5-5. Shazam has problems fighting up close and at a distance against GA, and you have to take risks to pressure him on oki. Meanwhile, GA can do everything pretty safely against Shazam. Probably a 7-3 matchup, you got go into YOLO mode to get anything done. Green Arrow and Batgirl are probably his worst matchups

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
I'd put Lex at a 5.5/4.5 - enough to say that there's something favoring Shazam, but not enough to say that it's a very significant difference.

zoofs

bless
Shazam vs Green Arrow is definitely not 5-5. Shazam has problems fighting up close and at a distance against GA, and you have to take risks to pressure him on oki. Meanwhile, GA can do everything pretty safely against Shazam. Probably a 7-3 matchup, you got go into YOLO mode to get anything done. Green Arrow and Batgirl are probably his worst matchups

i thought about it and i can definitely see how its 6-4 but no way is it 7-3

Uber

Noob
i thought about it and i can definitely see how its 6-4 but no way is it 7-3
6-4 seems generous. You gotta play so risky and get little out of it. 6-4 is like Raven, where you gotta play risky to get in, but then you can go to town on her on oki. GA you risk getting in, then you risk doing anything on oki.

Actually, Raven might be 7-3 as well. Getting in against her is so freaking annoying. Its hard to do anything to stop her from walking back. When you get in, you MUST reset or you will lose.

Indecisive

maybe in time.. im clearly the only Shazam that thinks he isnt bottom 10. my list will get alot of flak and im too sensitive
Send it to me in a message so i can compare it to mine if possible. I wont give you hate just like comparing other charts with my own :D