What's new

Match-up Discussion Shazams true Match up Chart.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
MMH cant zone shazam almost at all without meter. shazam can tele directly into an orb or mb orb and invince it. also orb setups on knock down dont exist and overhead tele can be teled and punished with its mad whiff duration, he can also tele the overhead tele on reaction but not the other uppercut. the post blocking guessing game on tele is also good for shazam cuz he can b2 torpedo or b23 option select his backdash. MMH trait is the real threat in which shazam isn't helpless. he can grab his limbs from far away with b2 and HM grab but its hard of course. Shazam also claims intractable dominance which is the reason why REO has it listed as 5-5 on some stages. getting through his rush down is freaking hard tho but that goes for everyone id bet.
I agree that this is close to a 5-5. Its a weird MU. I have anti MMH Tech. If you stay on MMH it can be a problem for him. Shazam is able to punish overhead teleport if MMH doesnt do anything. if he does you can punish with torpedo or B23. His command grab range can also be a problem for MMH. One thing MMH can do is say fuck Shazam WU which sucks. Also Shazam can teleport into mind blast and not get hurt in some instances.

Also explain Flash matchup.
Zyphox has most likely leveled far past me at this point but we used to play the mu alot pre patch. Shazam has mad jump attacks, Flash has problems with it. Flash needs to get in, shazam likes that. Post patch, HM grab is better than f2 and b2 in range. With trait there damage is pretty much the same, shazam gets his trait alot more tho. Shazam can play super lame in this mu and Flash can't exactly use charge to start his offence with the risk. the best part in this mu is they both dont care about interactables lol shazam still has thee edge on them cuz of otg setups. there are somethings where shazam has the edge like in the corner, but then Flash can be a shit show =p dat rush down is bullets fast and its hard to make the space

Indecisive

Zyphox has most likely leveled far past me at this point but we used to play the mu alot pre patch. Shazam has mad jump attacks, Flash has problems with it. Flash needs to get in, shazam likes that. Post patch, HM grab is better than f2 and b2 in range. With trait there damage is pretty much the same, shazam gets his trait alot more tho. Shazam can play super lame in this mu and Flash can't exactly use charge to start his offence with the risk. the best part in this mu is they both dont care about interactables lol shazam still has thee edge on them cuz of otg setups. there are somethings where shazam has the edge like in the corner, but then Flash can be a shit show =p dat rush down is bullets fast and its hard to make the space
If Zyphox is at the break next week ill play him in casuals to test the MU. I need to get into the motion of feeling myself during games more. Thats when i play at my best. Its also when i start to care less about stuff. Silent Jay has played me when im feeling myself. Its scary.

If Zyphox is at the break next week ill play him in casuals to test the MU. I need to get into the motion of feeling myself during games more. Thats when i play at my best. Its also when i start to care less about stuff. Silent Jay has played me when im feeling myself. Its scary.
playing shazam makes me feel myself ;) i see what your saying tho, I wish shazams b2 was 0 on block so he can be brain dead. brain dead characters have level head players lol when I play Superman i feel invincible but I play like a scrubby dubby swiffer wet jet scrub. feeling yourself just comes naturally when you can abuse f2 cuz "its all you" in your head lol

Indecisive

playing shazam makes me feel myself ;) i see what your saying tho, I wish shazams b2 was 0 on block so he can be brain dead. brain dead characters have level head players lol when I play Superman i feel invincible but I play like a scrubby dubby swiffer wet jet scrub. feeling yourself just comes naturally when you can abuse f2 cuz "its all you" in your head lol
B2 Torpedo is your best friend. Max range on torpedo makes it hard to hit.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Shazam vs joker is 5-5.I play @Emperor_Dark all the time and he's the best joker I've seen or played and we go back and forth in the MU
Just because you go even with one Joker doesn't mean the MU is 5-5. I play the matchup much differently and every Shazam who has played me can vouch for it. Joker has more damage, better zoning and the ability to not let Shazam teleport on wakeup. With the new crowbar buffs you now have to deal with our corner game.

Any Shazam on XBL is free to add me.

Last edited:

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
Just because you go even with one Joker doesn't mean the MU is 5-5. I play the matchup much differently and every Shazam who has played me can vouch for it. Joker has more damage, better zoning and the ability to not let Shazam teleport on wakeup. With the new crowbar buffs you now have to deal with our corner game.

Any Shazam on XBL is free to add me.
w/e man but I'm positive shazam doesn't lose to joker

Ermaculate_Slim

Is this how matchups are decided around here? Why not discuss tools and situations instead of how you do against one particular player?
Because theory fighting is dumb and useless.I'm going by my personal experiences instead of oh if you do this, Ima do that BS.I played this match-up bout 100 times already its even.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Because theory fighting is dumb and useless.I'm going by my personal experiences instead of oh if you do this, Ima do that BS.I played this match-up bout 100 times already its even.
So just 100 games vs one player with one playstyle online means it's 5-5? And actually explaining what Dark might not be doing is theory fighting

Ok.

Ermaculate_Slim

So just 100 games vs one player with one playstyle online means it's 5-5? And actually explaining what Dark might not be doing is theory fighting

Ok.
Fine then I'll explain....First off all ,Joker has a slight advantage against shazam in zoning, but because Joker's gunshots tend to miss if shazam is throwing a lightning bolt it's not so effective. Shazam's D2 which is terribly underrated can punish Joker's j3 if timed correctly but it can be tricky cause of his jump arc sometimes but its doable.Unless Joker ends a combo with MB crowbar he can't oki shazam at all.His teeth set-ups don't work unless its in the corner which is hard to keep shazam in.But teleport can be baited and punished on read and that's the last place you wanna be against joker.:rolleyes: Shazam has the advantage in a close range fight because of his command grabs with 2,2 HM , AC or torped or I could just dash up HM or Torpedo.Joker on the other hand can punish reckless torpedo's with B1,3 I think that's the string with the low into overhead correct me if I'm wrong.The Shazam player just has to be careful against Joker's B1 mixups like B1~crowbar and such but the MU imo is fairly even you might play differently but I doubt it sways the MU much at all.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Fine then I'll explain....First off all ,Joker has a slight advantage against shazam in zoning, but because Joker's gunshots tend to miss if shazam is throwing a lightning bolt it's not so effective. Shazam's D2 which is terribly underrated can punish Joker's j3 if timed correctly but it can be tricky cause of his jump arc sometimes but its doable.Unless Joker ends a combo with MB crowbar he can't oki shazam at all.His teeth set-ups don't work unless its in the corner which is hard to keep shazam in.But teleport can be baited and punished on read and that's the last place you wanna be against joker.:rolleyes: Shazam has the advantage in a close range fight because of his command grabs with 2,2 HM , AC or torped or I could just dash up HM or Torpedo.Joker on the other hand can punish reckless torpedo's with B1,3 I think that's the string with the low into overhead correct me if I'm wrong.The Shazam player just has to be careful against Joker's B1 mixups like B1~crowbar and such but the MU imo is fairly even you might play differently but I doubt it sways the MU much at all.
Thank you.

Shazam's D2 will only anti air J3 when done late, Joker has no intention of doing that because his J3 has good enough advantage at almost any point during a jump, when Aquaman, WW and air throw characters cannot anti air a J3 when done properly offline then Shazam also cannot unless Joker is getting predictable.

Joker's gunshot will never miss if held slightly.

Normal crowbar OTGs as well, it grants the same exact things as MB crowbar midscreen outside of 1-2 specific setups, any crowbar will jail you to block and never wake up.

Dash up into specials can easily be punished, people react to dashes with normals, I did this consistently in tournament vs a very good Shazam player a month ago, B1 will eat up anything you do, if you dash from further away I will simply jump in on you.

Shazam's damage is 8-9% lower than Joker's and does not go into as many setups, I'm not afraid of being hit by a torpedo. You do have command grab setups though which are a saving grace.

Torpedo should be always punished with B1 crowbar since it is more damage and denies any kind of oki as well as put Shazam in a 50/50.

This is why I say I play differently, I will not let Shazam get away with anything, deny him wakeups, zone him properly ( I assume Dark didn't know that delayed gunshot beats lightning even with the hitbox issues. ) To give you an idea, Batman can do this too and the matchup is regarded 6-4 at worst.

In the corner any crowbar leads into a 50-50 with MB crowbar granting an unblockable and absolutely guaranteed 20% per bar if the need rises, guess right on the previously mentioned 50/50 and you're not even out of the corner, guess wrong and it's 40% into another 50/50 or nearly unblockable.

Teeth setups actually do work, if Joker gets any non crowbar knockdown he can lay down teeth incase Shazam teleports, acting in a worst case scenario as a wall Shazam cannot approach, if Shazam teleports then a J3 into teeth will combo for 50%.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Qwark28 when you talk about not leading into setups you're very wrong, you can be lead into a 50/50 off of I think around 35+% combo's.

Also I think Shazam is so superior in the corner, We push you into the corner and you could be kept there by HM setups and general baiting, but I will admit it's a hard feat to achieve when we have to deal with getting close in the first place.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Qwark28 when you talk about not leading into setups you're very wrong, you can be lead into a 50/50 off of I think around 35+% combo's.

Also I think Shazam is so superior in the corner, We push you into the corner and you could be kept there by HM setups and general baiting, but I will admit it's a hard feat to achieve when we have to deal with getting close in the first place.
I did say you get torpedo and HM setups if I don't wake up.

Shazam is superior in the corner when we have 50/50s into 75-78% of damage into more 50/50s which are ocmpletely safe? Really? Joker a top 3 if not top 1 corner game which every single character has to fear with the crowbar buffs, Shazam cannot compare.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
I did say you get torpedo and HM setups if I don't wake up.

Shazam is superior in the corner when we have 50/50s into 75-78% of damage into more 50/50s which are ocmpletely safe? Really? Joker a top 3 if not top 1 corner game which every single character has to fear with the crowbar buffs, Shazam cannot compare.
One thing I have to say about that.
WAKEUP TELEPORT.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Did you not read my post before replying? Crowbar. You cannot wake up out of that.
When you spoke about the crowbar I did not see you saying that you cannot wake up out of it, I don't see how our Invincible teleport is beat by a crowbar though. -.-

Ermaculate_Slim

Thank you.

Shazam's D2 will only anti air J3 when done late, Joker has no intention of doing that because his J3 has good enough advantage at almost any point during a jump, when Aquaman, WW and air throw characters cannot anti air a J3 when done properly offline then Shazam also cannot unless Joker is getting predictable.

Joker's gunshot will never miss if held slightly.

Normal crowbar OTGs as well, it grants the same exact things as MB crowbar midscreen outside of 1-2 specific setups, any crowbar will jail you to block and never wake up.

Dash up into specials can easily be punished, people react to dashes with normals, I did this consistently in tournament vs a very good Shazam player a month ago, B1 will eat up anything you do, if you dash from further away I will simply jump in on you.

Shazam's damage is 8-9% lower than Joker's and does not go into as many setups, I'm not afraid of being hit by a torpedo. You do have command grab setups though which are a saving grace.

Torpedo should be always punished with B1 crowbar since it is more damage and denies any kind of oki as well as put Shazam in a 50/50.

This is why I say I play differently, I will not let Shazam get away with anything, deny him wakeups, zone him properly ( I assume Dark didn't know that delayed gunshot beats lightning even with the hitbox issues. ) To give you an idea, Batman can do this too and the matchup is regarded 6-4 at worst.

In the corner any crowbar leads into a 50-50 with MB crowbar granting an unblockable and absolutely guaranteed 20% per bar if the need rises, guess right on the previously mentioned 50/50 and you're not even out of the corner, guess wrong and it's 40% into another 50/50 or nearly unblockable.

Teeth setups actually do work, if Joker gets any non crowbar knockdown he can lay down teeth incase Shazam teleports, acting in a worst case scenario as a wall Shazam cannot approach, if Shazam teleports then a J3 into teeth will combo for 50%.
Remember shazam doesn't need to dash up right into your face to catch you with HM anymore.If you start to jump back or backdash I can just torpedo MB which gives me like 4 options after, I can either cross you up, go for HM or AC, grab or continue pressure.You probably won't wake up with the flower because of the threat of the cross up which I can get 51% if I land it.Also Joker only can punish torpedo if its done from a distance, like most characters.Also you can delay gunshots which slightly more effective it just means I need to be more patient when trying to close in.Compared to characters like Raven, Sinestro, and Deathstroke it 's not that tough.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
When you spoke about the crowbar I did not see you saying that you cannot wake up out of it, I don't see how our Invincible teleport is beat by a crowbar though. -.-
In a combo... Crowbar OTGs. Crowbar used in a combo. Shazam no wake up.