What's new

Match-up Discussion Shazams true Match up Chart.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
i was talking more about zoning wise, but since he has the mb teleport now you do have to be patient because of that

godsmack shouldnt be giving you problems
The zoning side isn't the problem with me tbh, I'm aware of how to take that on, it's just trying not to get opened up by him and staying away from Godsmack.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Let's say REO plays Joker.
And I play Killer Frost.
10-0 Joker wins.

Then REO plays Joker against Pig's Killer Frost. Errr... who knows?

We do not have perfect people who play perfectly.
So matchup charts are MOOT.
C'mon guys. Pick your main, do work and stfu all of you.

zoofs

bless
And I play Killer Frost.
10-0 Joker wins.

wtf are you talking about? why pick those two characters and players in your example? lmao

this isnt a true matchup chart as the title says.. this is purely a discussion for his match ups.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
And I play Killer Frost.
10-0 Joker wins.

matchups are supposed to be at the highest lvl.

you're not needed here.

zoofs

bless
Shazam winning over Joker is laughable.
why do people keep coming in and just saying "my character doesnt lose that matchup!!!!!!"

instead maybe explain why its even/in their favor instead of shazams (I do agree though, shazam doesnt win the joker mu)

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
why do people keep coming in and just saying "my character doesnt lose that matchup!!!!!!"

instead maybe explain why its even/in their favor instead of shazams (I do agree though, shazam doesnt win the joker mu)
because i have explained this over 3 times.

shazam is outzoned by joker

shazam needs the lead

he doesnt do as much damage as joker, he has riskier and inferior footsie tools

despite teleport, he can still do teeth traps

if you have not played a joker that utilises every single setup like me then you probably havent seen 40% of what joker can do

6-4 Joker due to crowbar buffs too.

Glass Sword

Nobody
I'm thinking about picking up Shazam as an alt. can someone explain the hugh points the Flash match up and why Shazam has trouble? What Shazam does very well in the matchup and why. What Shazam does very poorly in the matchup and why?

Bane 6-4
Hawk girl 6-4
Lex Luthor 5-5
Cyborg 5-5
Lobo 5-5
Flash 5-5
Grundy 5-5
Green lantern 5-5
Harley 5-5
Joker 5-5
Ares 5-5
Catwoman 5-5
Deathstroke 5-5
Batman 5-5
Superman 5-5
NightWing 5-5
Green Arrow 4-6
Raven 4-6
Wonder Woman 5-5
Aquaman 5-5
Black Adam 5-5
Doomsday 6-4
Killer Frost 5-5
Sinestro 4-6
Batgirl 5-5
Scorpion 5-5
General Zod 5-5
Zantanna 4-6
Martian Man Hunter 5-5

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Bane 6-4
Hawk girl 6-4
Lex Luthor 5-5
Cyborg 5-5
Lobo 5-5
Flash 5-5
Grundy 5-5
Green lantern 5-5
Harley 5-5
Joker 5-5
Ares 5-5
Catwoman 5-5
Deathstroke 5-5
Batman 5-5
Superman 5-5
NightWing 5-5
Green Arrow 4-6
Raven 4-6
Wonder Woman 5-5
Aquaman 5-5
Black Adam 5-5
Doomsday 6-4
Killer Frost 5-5
Sinestro 4-6
Batgirl 5-5
Scorpion 5-5
General Zod 5-5
Zantanna 4-6
Martian Man Hunter 5-5
no

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Bane 6-4
Hawk girl 6-4
Lex Luthor 5-5
Cyborg 5-5
Lobo 5-5
Flash 5-5
Grundy 5-5
Green lantern 5-5
Harley 5-5
Joker 5-5
Ares 5-5
Catwoman 5-5
Deathstroke 5-5
Batman 5-5
Superman 5-5
NightWing 5-5
Green Arrow 4-6
Raven 4-6
Wonder Woman 5-5
Aquaman 5-5
Black Adam 5-5
Doomsday 6-4
Killer Frost 5-5
Sinestro 4-6
Batgirl 5-5
Scorpion 5-5
General Zod 5-5
Zantanna 4-6
Martian Man Hunter 5-5
I like this chart a lot actually. Its very good. But my question is how is hawkgirl a winning MU for us? Unless if im reading it wrong

Glass Sword

Nobody
Bane 6-4
Hawk girl 6-4
Lex Luthor 5-5
Cyborg 5-5
Lobo 5-5
Flash 5-5
Grundy 5-5
Green lantern 5-5
Harley 5-5
Joker 5-5
Ares 5-5
Catwoman 5-5
Deathstroke 5-5
Batman 5-5
Superman 5-5
NightWing 5-5
Green Arrow 4-6
Raven 4-6
Wonder Woman 5-5
Aquaman 5-5
Black Adam 5-5
Doomsday 6-4
Killer Frost 5-5
Sinestro 4-6
Batgirl 5-5
Scorpion 5-5
General Zod 5-5
Zantanna 4-6
Martian Man Hunter 5-5
Why is Martian Hunter 5-5? Martian can just zone if I believe right. Shazam may not be able to vortexed, but the teleport tracks too good. Shazam will not ever be able to get in. Also can you even vortex Martian won't push beat out everything but mb? Please prove me wrong explain to me why. Also explain Flash matchup.

I like this chart a lot actually. Its very good. But my question is how is hawkgirl a winning MU for us? Unless if im reading it wrong
play the MU souly as keepaway as you can to force her rushdown. If she throws anything but a mb grounded mace charge shes dead. we are talking around 50% meterless combos into setups. if you keep teleing away and throwing bolts she won't be able to zone you at all and she can't fly in safely. from near full screen, a mace charge will be suicide. Hawk girls rush down is pretty savage but your throw and command throws with its damage will dominate over her up close. If she tries to get away, shazam can blow it up with his advancing tools. the things you should watch out for is wing evade mixup, personaly i just mash throw on her WE dive kick. once shes knocked down go back to being lame where its free zoning and free trait activation city and she has to go threw hell in order to get in or risk it all with a mace charge. Shazam is a real under rated character in the lame department

Why is Martian Hunter 5-5? Martian can just zone if I believe right. Shazam may not be able to vortexed, but the teleport tracks too good. Shazam will not ever be able to get in. Also can you even vortex Martian won't push beat out everything but mb? Please prove me wrong explain to me why. Also explain Flash matchup.
MMH cant zone shazam almost at all without meter. shazam can tele directly into an orb or mb orb and invince it. also orb setups on knock down dont exist and overhead tele can be teled and punished with its mad whiff duration, he can also tele the overhead tele on reaction but not the other uppercut. the post blocking guessing game on tele is also good for shazam cuz he can b2 torpedo or b23 option select his backdash. MMH trait is the real threat in which shazam isn't helpless. he can grab his limbs from far away with b2 and HM grab but its hard of course. Shazam also claims intractable dominance which is the reason why REO has it listed as 5-5 on some stages. getting through his rush down is freaking hard tho but that goes for everyone id bet.