What's new

Match-up Discussion Shazam Match-Up Discussion

JoeX0rX

Noob
Scorpion is another matchup shazam loses to. We can't rush him down he has all the tools to negate our attacks. Thanks NRS.

What's shazams strategy for nightwing? Pick someone else?

you gotta be more specific. What gives you trouble? I'm assuming everything in staff stance. This is definitely a tough matchup, but if you want to play Shazam you know what you're getting yourself into.

try to bait wakeup staff spin by teleporting at the last second, then you can get a combo punish. One thing I like doing with Shazam is b2~db3 as kind of a little elbow poke and then teleport away. It's like 99% safe unless your opponent reads it.

Now correct me if I'm wrong but I believe NW's anti air sucks in staff stance, unless he reads a jump in and and does the Flying Greyson move. So you can always do a jump in and 22 into torpedo or YOLO command grab guess... other then that you don't have many options.

Night wings wingding are a bitch. But they are to everybody. Needless to say I need more experience in that match up but it's pre mature to say its a bad one. His wake up game is an abusable one I find and you can get good mileage out of the projectile

Hey I wrote this in the GL forums, guess it belongs here to

Just tossing this in as a Shazam main, I think GL is his toughest MU at a whopping 7_3. I think Shazam may have two 7_3 mu's in the game ( maybe ) and they are GL and KF. Personally I think GL is the worst mu
Game is early plus I wouldn't say I have 24hrs on each MU with shazam yet
- things like b1 bullet, lift, iabullet, and f3 take crazy ground away for shazams close range footsies game. I often wait for something unsafe or a whiff b1 to punish or something. Very difficult to stay on this character with his ability to make space and continue his assault.
- I see alot of yolo GL online. This is probably one of the safest characters. He keeps you at his mid distance generating tons of chip, gaining meter. His trait is one of the best for sure. all it seems to do is make him better, harder, more 8_2.
_ at full screen I seem to out zone every GL because lighting bolt is wide mixed with GL only full screen projectile being bullet that doesn't trade too well. But I refuse to believe this. There is no damn way Shazam is out zoning GL with all those tools. maybe torpedo is all right with iabullet but torpedo is an easy punish for GL, like the easiest.
_ GL's high low game is a beast, b1 is inconspicuous with lots of options afterwards. F3 is one of the best f3s in the game imo. His okie game has been pretty difficult to deal with even with the wakeup MS teleport buff ( which works )
_ I strongly believe lift is the best AA in the game. It can mange to grab Shazams ji2 cross up. The threat of the start up makes jumping an extremely dangerous trap. This is bit of a deal because of how powerful Shazams jump is supposed to be to start an offence. but unless you got an air cancel of any sort you can't really even use jump to move in. Shazam's will need to be trickier with when they decide to jump

we can now do f22 reset or f223 - combo against tele punch scorpion on whiff punish :D still can't HM Flipkick
This has tilted the MU more in our favour with this significant damage punish.
Can his sweep reach where scorpion lands? We might be able to go for a safe half assed 50 / 50 attempt

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
You think between that and collar bone b2 would be hard enough to react to for a 50/50 attempt? can he get his command throw in?

Yes.
here I thought it would whiff, but the recovery frames of flip kick gives b2 startup frames to catch him standing.
b2 can catch a backdash and will still take priority if scorpions d1's after flipkick.

command throw won't work as a punish, but can catch them off guard.

Yes.
here I thought it would whiff, but the recovery frames of flip kick gives b2 startup frames to catch him standing.
b2 can catch a backdash and will still take priority if scorpions d1's after flipkick.

command throw won't work as a punish, but can catch them off guard.
Shazam can punish Flip kick hard with f1
this MU is probably a 6 - 4 for shazam =)

SteveRod92

Stevezam!!! :P
Anyone got tips against Deathstroke gun spams! This is the only thing I'm having a problem with online using Shazam!

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
I need help with the black adam match up. Any time i try to punish lightning cage or dive kick they get a free back dash to safety what can i do to have a better chance in this match

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
I need help with the black adam match up. Any time i try to punish lightning cage or dive kick they get a free back dash to safety what can i do to have a better chance in this match
can't punish cage on block, you could either dash in Forward teleport then b2 HM from a d3/ATmb or just teleport (the have to delay it a bit) from AC/HM.
dive kick can be punished when they hit your character above the waist with d1 AT I think, but it should be on reversal. you could air to air with ji1. if they always back dash you could reversal AT.

make use of b2 teleport to keep him blocking high and when you get in range do d3 then try to keep him down at this point.

I don't really have much cause a decent walk back adam destroys shazam... unless you get things started.

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
can't punish cage on block, you could either dash in Forward teleport then b2 HM from a d3/ATmb or just teleport (the have to delay it a bit) from AC/HM.
dive kick can be punished when they hit your character above the waist with d1 AT I think, but it should be on reversal. you could air to air with ji1. if they always back dash you could reversal AT.

make use of b2 teleport to keep him blocking high and when you get in range do d3 then try to keep him down at this point.

I don't really have much cause a decent walk back adam destroys shazam... unless you get things started.
Yeah it such a hard match but this should help thanks man for your help

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
Yeah I'm trying to find a way to combat black adams divekick+backdash and it seems you have no options from every height.

You can do D1 if he does it from really up close, but really, him doing a dive kick plus backdash puts him at enough distance to space it to hit where it can't be punished.

Shawi

Noob
If anyone can give good advice on the Doomsday matchup, it would be greatly appreciated.
With doomsday, I find that you MUST respect his wakeup options and be prepared for a whole host of them. Of course mb shoulder can't be punished but once you learn to punish his wake ups and the opponent respects that. You are in business. Teleport on wakeup is amazing and gets you out of ALL pressure from doomsday.