What's new

Match-up Discussion Shazam Match-Up Discussion

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
With doomsday, I find that you MUST respect his wakeup options and be prepared for a whole host of them. Of course mb shoulder can't be punished but once you learn to punish his wake ups and the opponent respects that. You are in business. Teleport on wakeup is amazing and gets you out of ALL pressure from doomsday.

Shazam and doomsday are funny guys.

Both rely on oki game and both can escape it very easily.

Li1mightymouse

super-squishii
With doomsday, I find that you MUST respect his wakeup options and be prepared for a whole host of them. Of course mb shoulder can't be punished but once you learn to punish his wake ups and the opponent respects that. You are in business. Teleport on wakeup is amazing and gets you out of ALL pressure from doomsday.
Just his up shoulder wakeup is whats giving me problems. How does one punish this? I normaly dash under his sheeva like move, and I just pray when he does meter shoulder, but how do you punish his up shoulder wakeup?

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
I know he has a lot of bad match ups but I mostly just deal with it. But goddamn, batgirl I cannot.

She has mix ups... that are safe. She has a reset that is standing, so no teleport for you. She has braindead wake ups so, no wake up game for you.

I don't know what to do except lose in this match up.

Li1mightymouse

super-squishii
I know he has a lot of bad match ups but I mostly just deal with it. But goddamn, batgirl I cannot.

She has mix ups... that are safe. She has a reset that is standing, so no teleport for you. She has braindead wake ups so, no wake up game for you.

I don't know what to do except lose in this match up.
Every wake up except teleport you can jump over and punish. As for teleport I usually bait and 22 pressure.

Just picked up Shazam, love the character.

Can anyone confirm this is the best punish for blocking Sword Flip:

F22, slight pause, HM MB, b3, ji3, f223, HM for a total of 43%?

Uber

Noob
Just picked up Shazam, love the character.

Can anyone confirm this is the best punish for blocking Sword Flip:

F22, slight pause, HM MB, b3, ji3, f223, HM for a total of 43%?
Thats the highest damage combo, but id opt for slightly less damage into a vortex setup from AC:

F22, HM MB, B3, J2, F223xxAC - 39%

Post AC, Teleport forward allows punishes against all of Deathstrokes wakeup options.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

Thats the highest damage combo, but id opt for slightly less damage into a vortex setup from AC:

F22, HM MB, B3, J2, F223xxAC - 39%

Post AC, Teleport forward allows punishes against all of Deathstrokes wakeup options.

So you teleport as he does his wakeup and you dash towards and punish or torpedo?

poofynamanama2

SHAZAAAAAAAAM
Just his up shoulder wakeup is whats giving me problems. How does one punish this? I normaly dash under his sheeva like move, and I just pray when he does meter shoulder, but how do you punish his up shoulder wakeup?
If you see him teleport into the air, you can just teleport/phase away and j2~f22 bnb punish. it does a lot more damage considering the scaling on shazams 22

I'm having a lot of trouble with green lantern :( do you guys know if it's possible to wake up teleport GLs b12? it seems to catch me every time

Shawi

Noob
Any tips for the black adam matchup? The biggest issue being lightning and backdash zoning.
Rush him down, do not give him a chance. Watch out for wakeup cage which you can whiff punish. From full screen I tend to jump in to avoid lightning, although he can use mb lightning, I just take the risk. When you are in, NEVER block low, all his damage comes from overheads. The main reason why this matchup is not ridiculously in black adams favour, is that he does not have a straight projectile. If he dive kicks, you can HM punish or if you're not confident, you can go for a sweep or d1 into special. The key is to not let him start zoning pressure.

Uber

Noob
HM from midscreen or more. F22 will punish up close (like in oki situations)

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Command grab can be back dashed after the charge I did it online, so it won't work. The problem with the charge is that flash doesn't land very close from you. It's -15 btw.

dunno if the f22 will touch at time, or won't whiff. I'll try. Until then I'm using d3 U_U

Uber

Noob
Im pretty sure charge is like -22, so. HM will punish (its i11). That shazam must have just been slow

Need some help with black adam match up any tips welcome on the match up please
When he has trait up poke him don't be brave he'll get you for 50% if you are not careful , approach him with dashes only when he zones fullscreen(Shazam has a pretty damn long dash and his jump is very floaty) , when close never block low unless he's a sweep happy one - he has overheads but no low starting strings , when in sweep distances always do jump ins with 2 he can do nothing but block However you should time your jumps because of his Lightning Cage (respect it's authoritah !) Air to Air use 2 I would have said 1 for it's active frames but it's short range

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
When he has trait up poke him don't be brave he'll get you for 50% if you are not careful , approach him with dashes only when he zones fullscreen(Shazam has a pretty damn long dash and his jump is very floaty) , when close never block low unless he's a sweep happy one - he has overheads but no low starting strings , when in sweep distances always do jump ins with 2 he can do nothing but block However you should time your jumps because of his Lightning Cage (respect it's authoritah !) Air to Air use 2 I would have said 1 for it's active frames but it's short range
What the best way to end my combos against BA
Best ways to use meter other then extending combos

What the best way to end my combos against BA
Best ways to use meter other then extending combos
whatever keeps you in sweep distance . you shouldn't use MB Atlas Torpedo to end combos ( if he's like 3% away from death go for it ) as it throws him very far , however MB AT will most likely land you near an interactible so do whatever you think best at the time Definetely end combos with Herculean Might -example fwd2,2 xx HM xx bck 3 j2,fwd2,2,3 xx HM (41-42%) - as it does the best damage and leaves you at a decent range for another carefully timed jump-in . when you have cornered him do something like this - 1) 1,1,2,4 2)fwd2,2,3,4 so you get him to panic because he has limited option when in the corner and you can get some easy 60% corner damage or at least some good chip go for fwd2,2,3 because 3 is 0 on block . also when you have no meter end combos that throw the opponent far away like that 1)1,1,2 xx Advancing Mercury Storm 2) 2,2, xx AMS . Remember Black Adam must not be very far
Best ways to use meter other then extending combos 1) MB zeus bolt is out of the question NEVER use it 2) MB HM is very good option when he is just getting up but Lighting Cage and Lighting Hands beat it , so time it good 3) MB torpedo I mentioned it earlier 4) MB Achilles Clutch is a ''meh'' because it's hard to get him with it outside a combo and it's very punishable 5) MB the back 3 is a good choice only near a transition zone but you have to be in his face ( because it's short ) and most likely bait his wakeups ) MB Forward 3 is perfect for corner damage combined with trait (if you don't have trait active already , I advise against it) 6) clash is pretty situational so do whatever you think when you are defending only win by a 2+ bar advantage and when you are attacking let him have it regardless ( but spend everything you have if he's real low health or you are ) 7) Super is a last blow resort because Shazam is a meter whore so use only to kill . Sorry for the long post man , I had to be thorough

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
whatever keeps you in sweep distance . you shouldn't use MB Atlas Torpedo to end combos ( if he's like 3% away from death go for it ) as it throws him very far , however MB AT will most likely land you near an interactible so do whatever you think best at the time Definetely end combos with Herculean Might -example fwd2,2 xx HM xx bck 3 j2,fwd2,2,3 xx HM - as it does the best damage and leaves you at a decent range for another carefully timed jump-in . when you have cornered him do something like this - 1) 1,1,2,4 2)fwd2,2,3,4 so you get him to panic because he has limited option when in the corner and you can get some easy 60% corner damage or at least some good chip go for fwd2,2,3 because 3 is 0 on block . also when you have no meter end combos that throw the opponent far away like that 1)1,1,2 xx Advancing Mercury Storm 2) 2,2, xx AMS . Remember Black Adam must not be very far
Best ways to use meter other then extending combos 1) MB zeus bolt is out of the question NEVER use it 2) MB HM is very good option when he is just getting up but Lighting Cage and Lighting Hands beat it , so time it good 3) MB torpedo I mentioned it earlier 4) MB Achilles Clutch is a ''meh'' because it's hard to get him with it outside a combo and it's very punishable 5) MB the back 3 is a good choice only near a transition zone but you have to be in his face ( because it's short ) and most likely bait his wakeups ) MB Forward 3 is perfect for corner damage combined with trait (if you don't have trait active already , I advise against it) 6) clash is pretty situational so do whatever you think when you are defending only win by a 2+ bar advantage and when you are attacking let him have it regardless ( but spend everything you have if he's real low health or you are ) 7) Super is a last blow resort because Shazam is a meter whore so use only to kill . Sorry for the long post man , I had to be thorough
Oh no plz be thorough this is awesome stuff thanks man