What's new

Match-up Discussion Shazam Match-Up Discussion

shinobispectre

Heart of A Champion, Skill of a Noob :P
I'm a new Shazam main (kind of), and I was curious as how to stop (or help against) an aggressive and j-2 happy Batman?
How does he get in? What is he doing to that allows him to be j2 happy? Trait bats and rush in while you are in blockstun? Raw j2 covered by bats?

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
How does he get in? What is he doing to that allows him to be j2 happy? Trait bats and rush in while you are in blockstun? Raw j2 covered by bats?
Puts me in blockstun with bats, then crosses up with j2, but otherwise, he's just very aggressive.

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
Puts me in blockstun with bats, then crosses up with j2, but otherwise, he's just very aggressive.
if its clearly an overhead pressure then just block it if its always ambiguous bats j2 then do jf1. it will either be a trade or you get hit with a less damage conversion or just bats if he can't convert it.

I assume the bat player sets this up since your looking for a way out.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
If he has like 3 bats, just respect it and block. If he has 1 bat, space him out to a place where you can block the bat and still d2 his j2, since the bats don't have almost any block stun.

JLU51306

Cool, thanks for the tips.

Just curious, when you 22 into HM or AC, i know the opponent can backdash the grabs, but is it possible for them to hit you out of the grab with a d1 or quick 11? Because I've encountered a few players that do this and I'm not sure if its a slight lag in connection or the fact that it's possible.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Cool, thanks for the tips.

Just curious, when you 22 into HM or AC, i know the opponent can backdash the grabs, but is it possible for them to hit you out of the grab with a d1 or quick 11? Because I've encountered a few players that do this and I'm not sure if its a slight lag in connection or the fact that it's possible.
This happens when you wiff the grab. So they Ducked the HM or Stood up for the AC.

JLU51306

This happens when you wiff the grab. So they Ducked the HM or Stood up for the AC.
That's just the thing, they were ducking and i did AC and i got d1 out of it by Aquaman. and now that i think about it, the computer on very hard also does this a lot too

mfkaoz

Banned
I don't agree with most of the list. To list 22 characters as unfavorable mu's in a game as balanced as Injustice is just stupid. Shazam does have a lot of uphill battles as far as mu's go but not so many that more than two thirds of the cast have an advantage. If this were true, Shazam would be unplayable.

They said Superman was a 3-7 in his favor. Yeah, I'm done reading this lol.

SZSR

Noob
I don't agree with most of the list. To list 22 characters as unfavorable mu's in a game as balanced as Injustice is just stupid. Shazam does have a lot of uphill battles as far as mu's go but not so many that more than two thirds of the cast have an advantage. If this were true, Shazam would be unplayable.

They said Superman was a 3-7 in his favor. Yeah, I'm done reading this lol.
Personally round up or down depending on the range it can be difficult. 4.5-4.9, is basically a harder 5-5 (but should round up to 5-5), 4.0-4.4, is basically just a 4-6.

Last edited:

Digit

KH Mahvel Baby!
I hate mu charts >_> but a lot of those should be even and Joker is not unfavorable. It should be the other way around lol

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
I hate mu charts >_> but a lot of those should be even and Joker is not unfavorable. It should be the other way around lol
i agree with you about mu charts, i hate them i never agree with them lol i dont think superman is a bad match up i think its 5-5 same with black adam but w.e lol i think shazams worst match up may be ww or possibly gl

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Here is my very controversial and very up for debate matchup chart I think:

http://www.eventhubs.com/tiers/injustice/share/?user=Wonder_Chef&char=shazam

All I know is it's going to make everyone mad in some way! Yay!
Looks at list. Some of these i actually agree with some i do not. Bane i think is Even. Cyborg i think is either 5-5 or in Cyborgs Favor. Hawkgirl May be 5-5(The most Derpy MU). Doomsday i have to play it more TBH. Grundy i think may be Even. Joker i think is even. Black Adam, Flash, WoWo, KF, Zod i think we lose to. Scorpion i think we beat. Sinestro i may actually agree with.

shinobispectre

Heart of A Champion, Skill of a Noob :P
It looks like it's basically the average of what everyone else voted. Basically has nothing to do with my numbers afaik.
I like your icon! Even with instant air nova blast and stuff Cyborg is even? What makes you say that? Not shitting on your list, just curious. I thought Aquaman was generally a better matchup for Shazam? I like it for the most part. Im essentially in the same boat as Indecisive.