What's new

Strategy "Shazam!" -- Captain Marvel General Discussion Thread

Uber

Noob
You must do a wake up attack to avoid meaty HM.

AT is -12 but creates distance. Most have something that punished. If done at point blank( at the end of a block string), only a handful of characters can punish because of distance

Reptile Orion

A Fire Will Rise.
Hey everyone!

First time posting on the Shazam forum. I'm conducting a little personal research. I ran across a very good Shazam player that made me sweat a bit more than I wanted to. He was all about the rushdown which seems to be the the way the character should be played.

Now that were 2 months past the release date of IGAU how does everyone feel about the character up to this point?

Hey everyone!

First time posting on the Shazam forum. I'm conducting a little personal research. I ran across a very good Shazam player that made me sweat a bit more than I wanted to. He was all about the rushdown which seems to be the the way the character should be played.

Now that were 2 months past the release date of IGAU how does everyone feel about the character up to this point?

Shazam is solid, but struggles heavily against characters with strong zoning and good wakeup options. I can't see how you can play him any other way than rushdown as he is a grappler and his projectile is IMO the worst in the game and can be ducked jumped on reaction.

He has solid traps for his grabs, and off of any untechable knockdown gets a 50/50 situation where the opponent must use an invincible wakeup attack or eat a Herculean Might (command grab that grabs high and can be MB for combos). His trait is still being fleshed out currently, but there is alot of potential there as they up his fist damage ALOT.

Uber

Noob
Im new to shazam., How are you guys landing AC after F223??
Nice, i got a convert. Are you trying to hit AC after a B3 J2? For that you have to make sure you hit it really close to the ground. Off naked f,223 you dont cancel. Jist catch them on the way down

PANDA

*Supreme Member*
Nice, i got a convert. Are you trying to hit AC after a B3 J2? For that you have to make sure you hit it really close to the ground. Off naked f,223 you dont cancel. Jist catch them on the way down

lol Dave. That was nice Shazam play last night but I'm not a convert. I'd just like to add Shazam to my repertoire as another character I can use. I plan to do this with most of the cast if not all of them. Scorps is still my main, he's just too easy to play. lol

Uber

Noob
I just realized that Shazam can be poked out of 22 xx AT. This kind of ruins the risk/reward ratio on 22.

Uber

Noob
So no Shazam specific buffs in the next patch, but the universal D2 buff should really help. If only his D2 wasnt so slow

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
I just realized for... some reason that his 22 HM works if you input the HM late. I always thought I was fucking it up, but it turns out you can't do that shit early. Sort of like how black adams 22 works.

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
I need help with the black adam match up. Any time i try to punish lightning cage or dive kick they get a free back dash to safety what can i do to have a better chance in this match

SmokeMaster

I got no time for whining!!!
I need help with the black adam match up. Any time i try to punish lightning cage or dive kick they get a free back dash to safety what can i do to have a better chance in this match
Lightning Cage is every Black Adam's "go-to" move on wake-up. I've developed some strategies against it that work in various situations. Neutral Jump 2, Forward 3/Back 3 after whiff, dash-in AM into B2 HM, "WCOS" Bounce Cancel/Super.

Uber

Noob
Loving the improved D2. I feel like Aquaman. Bring it Batbunny.

Uber

Noob
The game doesnt say it, but his d2 is now 9 frames instead of 12!!!

This is good because d2 has more range than his other fast punishers like d1, 2, or 1.

I might be throwing out more d2 tick throws now.

SmokeMaster

I got no time for whining!!!
Yeah that D2 is so good. You can setup a HM if your opponent blocks it from max range. Shoutouts to hidden Shazam buffs!

Lightning Cage is every Black Adam's "go-to" move on wake-up. I've developed some strategies against it that work in various situations. Neutral Jump 2, Forward 3/Back 3 after whiff, dash-in AM into B2 HM, "WCOS" Bounce Cancel/Super.
Or you can just use HM during the recovery frames of lightning cage (on whiff).

Shawi

Noob
On topic.
How do you avoid Shazam's command grab on wake-up?
Do you have to do wake up attack? it seems his grab still has priority =[

and does anyone have the frames on block for his electric spin? seems hard to punish online
Okay so to avoid his command grab, it depends. It is a 50:50 off of a sweep so you need to wakeup to get out, otherwise for example if you are knocked down by a ji2, then just duck it.

The frame data is in the game, just go into the move list and look at it. Off the top of my head I think it is -11 or -12.

Shawi

Noob
I just realized that Shazam can be poked out of 22 xx AT. This kind of ruins the risk/reward ratio on 22.
Yea :(
This has been known for a while now - that's big reason why we want the 22 string to be a true 50:50 i.e. be fixed

Edit: Sorry for the multiple posts people - I dunno how to quote people as I read and reply in one go so I just do one at a time XD

Li1mightymouse

super-squishii
So I'm playing this King of the hill where I'm winning a fair amount in a decent lobby when this guy named Dayearofthegoat comes in and play mirror shazams. He gets me at the wire of the match and I go to message him GG when as soon as the match is over he is sending me rage and hate mail for no reason at all. Why do people do this? I find a good Shazam player online and he's a douch...Do only three year olds play online now or what?