What's new

Strategy "Shazam!" -- Captain Marvel General Discussion Thread

HushoftheWind

When's GGA!?
How bad is it that i pretty main Shazam but hardly ever visit the forums? I still do consistently good with him though; i love making people guess themselves on what to do on wake up.

JoeX0rX

Noob
after playing a solid Killer frost tonight i figure the MU numbers are 7-3/8-2 in favor of frost, and thats being generous...stupid game.

Uber

Noob
after playing a solid Killer frost tonight i figure the MU numbers are 7-3/8-2 in favor of frost, and thats being generous...stupid game.

How so? She doesnt zone that well. On wakeup, she only has one scary wakeup, which is punished by jump back j2.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

Uber

Noob
I absolutely love his d2 now. Its by far his best footsie tool now. Fast, safe, long range, good damage afterwards, tick throws on block. Who even needs his 22 now?

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem

posted a random setup involving resets after Back 3 in your BnBs. Pause and read the annotations so I don't look like an idiot. Hope this is useful for you guys.

I tested this out in the lab and you can get a total of 66%-ish damage if you have two meters, using f223 - d2 - forward a bit - f223 - HMmb - b3 - Cage reset - HM mb - 37% bnb.

and wakeup timing is very strict, kinda like GL reset.
Props to Cage.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Is it me or is Shazam's cancel window online fucked? I finally started to figure out the character but if I get a tiny bit of lag online I won't be able to cancel half of my moves to get any good damage.

This isn't a strictly Shazam thing either, but he seems to be hit by this the hardest.

I wonder what made NRS give these characters such retarded cancel windows in this game.

SuppaSapien3

Chipotle and Olive Garden are NOT authentic
I absolutely love his d2 now. Its by far his best footsie tool now. Fast, safe, long range, good damage afterwards, tick throws on block. Who even needs his 22 now?

Hey does anyone think spamming his d2 with his trait on is a good idea? Its plus 4 on block and with trait on doesnt he take like 5 percent per hit?

Uber

Noob
Hey does anyone think spamming his d2 with his trait on is a good idea? Its plus 4 on block and with trait on doesnt he take like 5 percent per hit?
Its not +4, its -4. It is spammable, but not consecutively as a frame trap

SuppaSapien3

Chipotle and Olive Garden are NOT authentic
Its not +4, its -4. It is spammable, but not consecutively as a frame trap

Lame alright thanks. My tv is kind of fuzzy sometimes i cant tell the different between a normal number and a negative.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Shazam can double dash freely after his torpedo MB for crossup. Is it viable against all wakeup ?

And is the f22, trait, Hm safe on hit ?

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
Shazam can double dash freely after his torpedo MB for crossup. Is it viable against all wakeup ?

And is the f22, trait, Hm safe on hit ?
-you won't dash over if you did not use teleport first.

-nope, they can duck punish - you still at plus frames after trait though.

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
Yes I can double dash for crossup after torpedo while my opponent is still on the ground. Oo;
WOW, pretty sure this wasn't possible before. Nice
just tested it out;
-nullify wake up input
-safe
-whiff punish some wakeup attacks
-cannot jump in after 2nd dash on wake up
-catch a walk back character (d2/f12/f22)