What's new

Strategy "Shazam!" -- Captain Marvel General Discussion Thread

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
Actually now that I think about it.. it would be boss if he has a low string bc a low command grab already acts as an overhead. We need something to force opponent to low block.

Will

Noob
Alright everybody so Black Adam has been officially confirmed. Anyone switching mains? I'm not. I enjoy Shazam more. He's got a better personality, than Adam anyways. Plus I lost interest in Adam after they powered him up and made him a boring character. What are your guys thoughts on him.

GGA Fill Pops

The Ultimate Bastich
most def not switching mains for one i think people will be disapointed in me cuz, well i started the Billy Batson petition when the game was announced lol and have been trying to bring hype to this character from the begining. and two Billy Batson is such a cooler character, he one of my all time favs. the only thing is i bet Black Adams super will be cooler then Billy's itll probly be more visually pleasing with a huge SHAZAM!! lightning strike on the opponent. other then that its still Earths Mightiest Mortal all the way.
SHAZAM!!!

Will

Noob
most def not switching mains for one i think people will be disapointed in me cuz, well i started the Billy Batson petition when the game was announced lol and have been trying to bring hype to this character from the begining. and two Billy Batson is such a cooler character, he one of my all time favs. the only thing is i bet Black Adams super will be cooler then Billy's itll probly be more visually pleasing with a huge SHAZAM!! lightning strike on the opponent. other then that its still Earths Mightiest Mortal all the way.
SHAZAM!!!
Yeah that's probably true about Adams super. But I hope doesn't sound more brutal in-game and he sounds kind of annoying to try and play as. He seems very technical from the article. But Billy is by far in my opinion the cooler character. He's rarely showcases his power to it's full degree, in fact I don't think he ever really has. While Adam just goes all out straight from the top. The way Billy controls himself is way more than bad-ass than an all-out Adam

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
I really want to know how his Lightning gimmick buff works. Does it bank a free EX version of a move for you? Do you get bonus damage on everything till its gone? Is it a buff on a timer that stays active that you can blow all at once for extra effects like ground bounces on certain attacks?

I know its a buff, but I'm super curious as to its inner workings after that elbow and fists talks Fill Pops brought up.
id like to know too.another thing ive been wondering about is can you be attacked out of you traits? or is it like a time limit thing regardless of if you get hit or not?

GGA Fill Pops

The Ultimate Bastich
i believe its a time limit because in the flash vs Shazam battle arena he activates it and gets hit and while he is geting juggled he still has the electricity on his hands

GGA Fill Pops

The Ultimate Bastich
lets get some hype in here now that Black Adam has been announced what do you think He and Billy will say to each other when they clash?
Black Adam: I will have your life, and your power, Child!
Billy Batson: you dont deserve The Wizard's power, Teth!

Billy Batson: Feel the power of Earths Mightiest Mortal, old man
Black Adam: Thats all you are Child, Mortal!

also feel free to put any other dialogue that involves Billy AKA Shazam. for example:

Billy Batson: You used to be my hero.
Superman: Things change, Billy

Be creative guys!!!

Will

Noob
Black Adam: How do you plan to beat me boy.
Billy: By being stronger than you!

Black Adam: You're not holding back anymore?!
Billy: I'm done being nice Adam. All done.

Superman: You can't beat me, Bill.
Billy: History says otherwise.

Billy: I think you need to keep the sun off that dome of yours.
Lex: I don't play with children.

Some of these aren't that great, but I tried to use quotes from the good Captain.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Anyone else pissed that Cpt Marvel's name was officially changed to Shazam? Shazam is cool too, but Cpt Marvel sounds royal.

Will

Noob
Can't say I'm pissed, a little annoyed, but I understand why DC did it. But Marvel pulled a dick move during the 60's when they launched they're own Captain Mar-Vell and copyrighted the name. It was DC's fault, they were sitting on a gold mine when they but out the CM characters, but didn't want anyone upsetting Big Blues place in the DC world. So they put him on the back-burner.

But Shazam still sounds the cool name, I'd prefer Captain Thunder or something but hey Shazam works. I'm just happy, that Billy is in the nu52 and still a good enough character for DC to keep using him.

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
Lol where have u been. If ur gonna main billy u gotta join The Wizard's Warriors
Reflecting on what I want out of this game.For a second I decided to focus all my attention on the Man of Steel but have returned to main both of this powerful titans.Both seem to have similar playstyle so no problem from me.
Come April 16 the world shall aknow the name CCVengeanceand his Superman/Shazam! combination.

In fact once the game drops I will be doing a double column called Superman/Shazam!:Trials of CCVengenace.This will chronicle my journey to becoming the best player I can be with my two favorite characters.