What's new

Strategy "Shazam!" -- Captain Marvel General Discussion Thread

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
useful for the odd chipout after a knockdown but I hate that its not an overhead like so many other EX projectiles, and not even armor breaking. Especially given the absurd startup for it, 6% chip and 15% damage is nothing. I'd trade it in a second for MB teleport - either longer range, 1 hit of armor, or little to no recovery
Id rather have a teleport that remains in the neutral position. So basically a Fake out teleport. The extra damage they gave it was pointless IMO. Just cause its hard to actually hit people with it. And its terrible for any sort of anit zoning.

Raisin Bran

Two Scoops!
Id rather have a teleport that remains in the neutral position. So basically a Fake out teleport. The extra damage they gave it was pointless IMO. Just cause its hard to actually hit people with it. And its terrible for any sort of anit zoning.
That would be pretty cool, but my preference is to a MB variant. I feel like if it a MB teleport sent you further it'd give Shazam a better option for dealing with hard zoners - at the cost a meter.

If I could change the MB Bolt, Shazam would yell Shazam like f22, and the bolt would arc down from the sky in the same way and track your opponent wherever they are on the screen. Ideally you would be able to add it in combos, or use it in the corner

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
That would be pretty cool, but my preference is to a MB variant. I feel like if it a MB teleport sent you further it'd give Shazam a better option for dealing with hard zoners - at the cost a meter.

If I could change the MB Bolt, Shazam would yell Shazam like f22, and the bolt would arc down from the sky in the same way and track your opponent wherever they are on the screen. Ideally you would be able to add it in combos, or use it in the corner
jesus that would be hype as fuck

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
ive said it before but if the second 2 of f22 hit overhead itd be really helpful.

does anyone else use shazams trait for chip instead of straight damage?

shinobispectre

Heart of A Champion, Skill of a Noob :P
ive said it before but if the second 2 of f22 hit overhead itd be really helpful.

does anyone else use shazams trait for chip instead of straight damage?
Sometimes, I don't really understand the chip. I usually use for the 1,1,2 corner fun time or to psych people out. People seem to freak out when that trait is active not really sure why.

Edit: Is it necessary for it to be overhead? The stun allows for mixup. Isn't it safe on block? Cancelable hit, block, or whiff right? That said I would love since Shazam could use everything he can get...

Last edited:

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
well generally the chip while trait is on does around 2.5% for his normals i know an armored f/b3 does around 7% chip most of the strings will do around 5% (sometimes more) in chip damage so they should be scared i have more "precise" numbers ill share later when i het a chance.

Raisin Bran

Two Scoops!
I've been trying to get trait in more and more, and I rescind my previous statements about it being useless. The faster activation may not be enough to fit it into your ordinary combos, but after a BNB you can usually activate it free. I'm finding that on one level its a psychological tool as it gets people scared that you're going to do a bunch of damage to them so they get super defensive and tend to run away more often or don't rush in. One way I've found to play this is to trait and then zone a little with the bolts which they won't expect, or if I've activated the trait and we're midscreen, I'll teleport around to build some meter for free. Or even just dashing around gets them nervous and more prone to making mistakes. Its a somewhat double-edged sword as you want to maximize damage with trait, so its easy to over-extend oneself.

Beyond that though the trait's chip I'd not considered until I started watching the health bars, and not many people are ready for what a few d1's can do - I've ended a few matches with that alone. I've also sort of begun to look at trait as a way to really cause damage with gimmicks/resets. I haven't spent the time in the lab to run the numbers but I think that potentially a few 1 meter gimmick/resets yield more potential damage then a solid 2 meter combo with trait active. I'm curious to see what the risk/reward would be for such a thing.

@imblackjames I'd be VERY interested in seeing your precise numbers for chip with trait. Please post when you know!!

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Do you guys use B123 (i think that's what it is... The 2 punches ending in the low kick knockdown) for anything? Sometimes I try and work it into my game plan to confuse people in their blocking, but outside of that I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with it

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Do you guys use B123 (i think that's what it is... The 2 punches ending in the low kick knockdown) for anything? Sometimes I try and work it into my game plan to confuse people in their blocking, but outside of that I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with it
When I would play Shazam I would do that string a bunch and then once they blocked low I would ac them. I love gimmicks.

Raisin Bran

Two Scoops!
the range on the kick is pretty good, is goo to toss in occasionally if you space it right - if your opponent sees you whiff and tries something, the low will clip 'em.

Raisin Bran

Two Scoops!
Just ran a quick training mode because i could't wait to find out the chip numbers on trait.

All fist normals alone do 2.5% chip damage with trait, plus between .05 and .4% chip normal. with the exception of MB f/b 3, which is 3.5% So basically this comes down to:
d1 = 2.5%
d2 = 2.5%
11 = 5%
112 = 7.5%
b123 = 5%
11f3 = 7.5%
F22= 5%
b23 = 5% (i think, forgot to test this)
F3/B3 = 2.5%
MB F3/B3 = 3.5%

The other strings aren't really worth mentioning because they end in a kick which does no extra chip.

Indecisive

Just ran a quick training mode because i could't wait to find out the chip numbers on trait.

All fist normals alone do 2.5% chip damage with trait, plus between .05 and .4% chip normal. with the exception of MB f/b 3, which is 3.5% So basically this comes down to:
d1 = 2.5%
d2 = 2.5%
11 = 5%
112 = 7.5%
b123 = 5%
11f3 = 7.5%
F22= 5%
b23 = 5% (i think, forgot to test this)
F3/B3 = 2.5%
MB F3/B3 = 3.5%

The other strings aren't really worth mentioning because they end in a kick which does no extra chip.
B23 is 5% your right. My friend has gotten pissed at this many times. ;)

Raisin Bran

Two Scoops!
Are the other ones not as,a whole as well? I got the same numbers he got when i did them as,a whole
All of the percentages listed are for trait chip damage only - combined with the damage from normals alone its something like 2.75% or 5.1% ... nothing significant enough I think.

Raisin Bran

Two Scoops!
Ok so here's an updated list of chip damages, this includes trait chip and normal chip. I *just* went through each move without trait, and with trait to double check. Let me know if I missed any punch normals.

D1 ==== 2.57% - (0.07 + 2.5 )
D2 ==== 2.66% - (0 .16 + 2.5 )
J3 ==== 2.88% - ( 0.38% + 2.5 )
F3 ==== 3.88% - (1.38 + 2.5 )
MB F3 = 5.81 % - (2.06 + 3.75 )
B3 ==== 3.88% - (1.38 + 2.5 )
MB B3 = 5.81 % - (2.06 + 3.75 )

11/12/B12 = 5.17% - ( 0.1 + 0.07 + 2.5 + 2.5 )
B23 ===== 5.33%- ( 0.1 + 0.23 + 2.5 + 2.5 )
112 =====- 7.9% - ( 0.10 + 0.07 + 0.23 + 2.5 + 2.5 + 2.5 )
f22 =====- 5.2% - ( 0.10 + 0.10 + 2.5 + 2.5 )
12f3 ===== 7.9% - ( 0.10 + 0.07 + 0.23 + 2.5 + 2.5 + 2.5 )

Also possibly worthy of note; If you're in the corner *right* next to someone who is turtling vs your trait, you can d1, d1, and then D2 D2. Assuming they don't mash d1 themselves. This may only work on scrubs tho. A potentially better option would be trait 112, then throw for a total of 18.9% damage, but unless you've *really* conditioned them to fear you a d1 will mash you out of it.

And better than that would be trait 112 xx teleport thru 112, as if they reversal the 112 you're usually safe.

I'll be testing these out as I play more

Last edited:

shinobispectre

Is there a place to get Shazam's frame data? I just google it but not much comes up except the Shoryuken wiki which is... weird. Or can I trust the in game frame data, I want but it seems wonky to me.

Indecisive

Is there a place to get Shazam's frame data? I just google it but not much comes up except the Shoryuken wiki which is... weird. Or can I trust the in game frame data, I want but it seems wonky to me.
Some of the frame data in the game is correct. So you can follow it to some extents.

SZSR

Noob
I heard a new clash quote against Superman today, it was really weird, I was Regime Shazam and it was Regime Superman.

Superman: "No room for boys in this world"
Shazam: "I'm no boy"

Anybody else hear that before?

shinobispectre

I heard a new clash quote against Superman today, it was really weird, I was Regime Shazam and it was Regime Superman.

Superman: "No room for boys in this world"
Shazam: "I'm no boy"

Anybody else hear that before?
I think its been noted that Shazam has said to Superman before. Especially the Regime Superman. Not so sure about Superman's quote but I read that quote for Shazam before.

One of his clash dialogue should have been "I used to outsell you. SHAZAM!"

Last edited: