What's new

Guide Shazam BnBs may 2013

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Ah ok, I was confused by what you meant by "2% pressure boost". The problem I still see is that most of his fist based strings start high... so you can be poked out of them. although if you managed to land a YOLO b2~HM MB then you could probably do some sick damage there. I need to check whether trait affects damage on Atlas Torpedo. I thought I noticed the damage being a little higher there but I'll confirm and then check back in
it doesn't add damage to torpedo unfortunately

Ah ok, I was confused by what you meant by "2% pressure boost". The problem I still see is that most of his fist based strings start high... so you can be poked out of them. although if you managed to land a YOLO b2~HM MB then you could probably do some sick damage there. I need to check whether trait affects damage on Atlas Torpedo. I thought I noticed the damage being a little higher there but I'll confirm and then check back in
you know combos? because they go up to... way up

It does not at all increase block stun, but I have confirmed way back when in the general discussions that meter building is based on damage and his chip damage goes up 200% and regular damage goes up 15%ish
Chip damage from trait is an extra 2.5% per punch/elbow/shoulder. Much better than a 200% increase, but still hard to use effectively as far as I know. I've managed to get a bit of extra damage off blocked f3/d1/b2 with it, but nothing major. I've been thinking about how to reliably force the opponent to block 112 as it does a respectable 7.4%, but it starts high and has short range. Depending on positioning, you can have a j3 jail into it for 10.76%, but it's tricky outside the corner. And cancelling it into torpedo isn't a true blockstring, but it's tight and on block that adds another 1.25%. I've been planning to try this out when the opponent is below 10% health by doing j2 112 xx torpedo on their wake-up, but I haven't gotten a chance... it seems like it could work well.

And yeah, I recall colt stating that damage is directly related to meter gain.

Hanzer0

Wanna order chinese later?
4 bar trait combo:
ji2, 11dfmb, ji3, 1ACmb, 11HMmb, ji3, 1HM -72% (and hella swag)

Wish I could record for you guys.

poofynamanama2

SHAZAAAAAAAAM
Thats a sweet combo. Hard to do for me cus I cant seem to do 1~HM or 11~HM too consistently :/

New corner combo I found, really really tight timing

j2~f223, d1, f223~HM MB, dash out, 22~AC 36%

KVv995

Noob
j2~f223, d1, f223~HM MB, dash out, 22~AC 36%

Am I the only one who can't get j2, f223 to connect? Looking at the frame data it doesn't even look like this could happen, right? Advantage on hit for j2 doesn't seem like it's enough for f223 to connect afterwards (unless it's a counter hit)...

poofynamanama2

SHAZAAAAAAAAM
Here's a good two bar 45% combo

j2, f22~HM MB, b3, j2, f223~AC MB, naked HM

After the b3 and j2 wait to do f223 at the lowest point possible, and you should be able to do the AC pretty consistently. Not that hard to pull off with a little practice, I've been doing it online a lot lately with success. I'll update this post when I get home from work or tomorrow with the damage with the reset and without MB AC

Here's a good two bar 45% combo

j2, f22~HM MB, b3, j2, f223~AC MB, naked HM

After the b3 and j2 wait to do f223 at the lowest point possible, and you should be able to do the AC pretty consistently. Not that hard to pull off with a little practice, I've been doing it online a lot lately with success. I'll update this post when I get home from work or tomorrow with the damage with the reset and without MB AC

Eh, I think we've been over the fact that 2 meter combos are not practical as Shazam needs the meter as much as any character, and unless it's a kill shot an extra 10% damage tacked onto his usual ~35% bnb isn't worth it.

However I'm interested in seeing if I can get f223~AC to connect consistantly, I think it would up my combo damage a little bit as I usually use 2~AC ender for the vortex.

poofynamanama2

SHAZAAAAAAAAM
Eh, I think we've been over the fact that 2 meter combos are not practical as Shazam needs the meter as much as any character, and unless it's a kill shot an extra 10% damage tacked onto his usual ~35% bnb isn't worth it.

However I'm interested in seeing if I can get f223~AC to connect consistantly, I think it would up my combo damage a little bit as I usually use 2~AC ender for the vortex.

Haha yea shazam is a meter whore :p Ive mostly used it as a round/match ender if I'm not sure if his usual bnb will deplete their health. Or if Im facing a noob and wanna be flashy :p

Using f223 AC is a good idea for the hard knockdown, for some reason the p2 side I cant do 2~AC consistently. Its weird because I can do it on p1 side no problem but for some reason just cant on p2! Ive also tried using j2 j2 2~AC but had trouble with the timing so i just use j1 j1 instead. much easier :p

EDIT

j2~f22~HM MB, b3, j2, f223~AC MB, naked HM -- 45%

with reset this combo does 52%!

j2~f22~HM MB, b3, j2, f223~AC -- 39%

with reset this does 45! this might be his highest one bar midscreen combo without trait that ends Ina hard knockdown. hmm

found this nice 56% one bar trait combo

j2, f22~MB HM reset, b3, dash under, 112 atlas torpedo

Uber

Noob
Not sure if this is known, but i found a decent HM combo that carries forward. Can be useful for cornering the opponent.

HM MB, B3, dash forward, f223 AC 29%

KVv995

Noob
it's definately possible. any string will connect off a jump in 1 or 2 if times right
I realize this isn't the best thread to ask, but after successfully pulling this off I am now very confused. The frame data implies that this shouldn't be possible (ji2 is +15, f2 is 16 startup). Is the frame data wrong?
Another example: a blocked b2 is -11, HM is 11 startup, how come when I put the dummy on reversal HM it can't grab me? Shouldn't crouching take at least 1 frame?
Sorry for thread derail.

I realize this isn't the best thread to ask, but after successfully pulling this off I am now very confused. The frame data implies that this shouldn't be possible (ji2 is +15, f2 is 16 startup). Is the frame data wrong?
Another example: a blocked b2 is -11, HM is 11 startup, how come when I put the dummy on reversal HM it can't grab me? Shouldn't crouching take at least 1 frame?
Sorry for thread derail.
It's based off the cancel advantage frames. Know one knows them yet

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
A
Sorry for thread derail.
for the j2, this game doesn't have links so you are just approaching the situation wrong.
for the HM reversal, HM is 11 frames start up so it becomes active on the 12th frame. You need a 1o frame move to punish a -11 move with the way the frame data is presented in the game.
And just so you know crouching does not take any frames before you are considered crouching while there are frames for you to be considered airborne after a jump.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I posted about this in the other thread, but I'll post it here too:

After HM MB you can do > B3 > F3 and still have time to activate trait, and get the 50/50 off of the hard knockdown. It's also unclashable!

Uber

Noob
I posted about this in the other thread, but I'll post it here too:

After HM MB you can do > B3 > F3 and still have time to activate trait, and get the 50/50 off of the hard knockdown. It's also unclashable!

That's awesome. This makes him a lot scarier in the second round.

Hey everyone I was just doing some combo practice with Shazam on Xbox and I have possibly found a stealth nerf his f223xxBCB3 is no longer possible