What's new

Guide Shazam BnBs may 2013

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
This seemed like really useful tech at first, but after testing it in practice, you can just tech roll out of the setup. How do you deal with that?
Yeah they can roll, if they don't its a nasty trick though. If they do roll you are back to what ever sort of mixup you want to go for including baiting and punishing wakeups. So, its not game breaking tech.

The point I was trying to make is that you get this same setup off of a d3, which is a hard knockdown. Dash in and neutral jump and its 50/50 what side the hard punch hits on. Its hard to block and hard to know which direction to do the wakeup attack to beat it.

rubmytaco

CarriedByClone
Yeah they can roll, if they don't its a nasty trick though. If they do roll you are back to what ever sort of mixup you want to go for including baiting and punishing wakeups. So, its not game breaking tech.

The point I was trying to make is that you get this same setup off of a d3, which is a hard knockdown. Dash in and neutral jump and its 50/50 what side the hard punch hits on. Its hard to block and hard to know which direction to do the wakeup attack to beat it.
Sorry about that then. Must've missed that. Good stuff though :) Will have to take this to the lab.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
Best combos after a J1/J2/J3 air to air trade?

In my experience, the best thing to do is: J1(air), F12, HM ex, B3, J2, D3
Alternatively, for more damge: J1, F12, HM ex, B3, J2, 11 HM

JaredL

Nice stuff.

Oh and if you know, what is the timing on this combo:

Trait, ex HM, B3, J3, 112 torpedo

Does 48% and I've done it once, but I notice it depends on the timing of the J3. Any advice?

Nice stuff.

Oh and if you know, what is the timing on this combo:

Trait, ex HM, B3, J3, 112 torpedo

Does 48% and I've done it once, but I notice it depends on the timing of the J3. Any advice?

Try to hit J3 the lowest to the ground as possible.

JaredL

Try to hit J3 the lowest to the ground as possible.
Ahh I figured it out. You're right.

You have to get the J3 to hit them on the head, so, its hitting them down in a way, instead of hitting them from the up.

New combos just because:

F223 AC MB 3 xx HM MB B3 J2 2 xx HM = 47% [54%]
F223 3 xx HM MB B3 J3 2 xx AC MB 12 xx HM = 48% [60%]
HM MB J3 2 bounce B3 J3 xx AC MB 12 xx HM = 49% [61%]
F3/B3 J3 3 xx HM MB J3 2 xx AC MB 12 xx HM = 50% [63%]
F223 xx B3 MB J3 J2 1 xx AC MB 12 xx HM MB J3 HM = 50% [65%] So not worth it, but stylish as fuck :cool:

Epic corner combo:

J3 3 xx AC MB 3 xx HM MB J3 2 HM = 55% [62%]

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
F223 - d2 - (walk a bit)d3 kinda great if you don't have meter as a reversal combo punish

Ronald

Noob
Good stuff everyone :)
I haven't been through the entire thread but here is the 1 bar mid screen f223 combo I use -
f223, HMmb, b3, ji2, f223, HM. - 38%

Shawi

Noob
Good stuff everyone :)
I haven't been through the entire thread but here is the 1 bar mid screen f223 combo I use -
f223, HMmb, b3, ji2, f223, HM. - 38%
Yea pretty standard stuff, but i find the HM tricky to get after the f223. So if i use f223, i use 2 ACmb 22 HM - works all the time every time.

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
f223 - d2 - walk a bit(just a bit) - f223 HM = 27% meterless
ji2 - f223 - d2 - walk a bit(just a bit) - f223 HM = 31%

Uber

Noob
So whats everyone doing on their D2 combos?

When i catch them in the air, im doing:
D2, J2, 3xxHM MB, B3, J3, D3 - 30%

Off the ground i find landing 3 after J2 very inconsistent, so im doing :
D2, J2, 1xxAC MB, 2xxAC - 25%

I feel like the second one is sub-optimal

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
So whats everyone doing on their D2 combos?

When i catch them in the air, im doing:
D2, J2, 3xxHM MB, B3, J3, D3 - 30%

Off the ground i find landing 3 after J2 very inconsistent, so im doing :
D2, J2, 1xxAC MB, 2xxAC - 25%

I feel like the second one is sub-optimal

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

d2-j2-22hm or d2-walk-22-at just to do damage. still not used to d2 timing as anti-air.
but if clean anti air d2-b3-ji3-f223-hm.

edit: still doing air to airs

Li1mightymouse

super-squishii
Was playing a decent batman online that I normally played before the patch. His j3 and such got me every time and there wasn't shit I could do, he would hope around like a got damn jack rabbit. Now with the patch my d2 DOMINATES Batman's jump ins, and not just his Batmans, but ANYONES Batman I've encountered online has been dominated by my d2. What's up with that??? I feel like I've shut down Batman's entire game, every Batman has been trying to out zone me now LOL.

Shawi

Noob
Hahaha to be honest he really should have been outzoning you from the start. Yeah batman's ji2 and 3 before patch pretty much beat all d2's but not I guess you get to learn how to get in on zoners.

Li1mightymouse

super-squishii
Hahaha to be honest he really should have been outzoning you from the start. Yeah batman's ji2 and 3 before patch pretty much beat all d2's but not I guess you get to learn how to get in on zoners.
You got me all wrong, I feel Batman trying to zone Shazam is a joke. I think it's funny though how I use to fight Batmans and all they did was, "LOL YOLO J2 J3 ALL DAY SHAZAM CAN'T DO S*(&" Now they try to zone me and I go, " LOL TELEPORT FULL COMBO PUNISH"

Shawi

Noob
You got me all wrong, I feel Batman trying to zone Shazam is a joke. I think it's funny though how I use to fight Batmans and all they did was, "LOL YOLO J2 J3 ALL DAY SHAZAM CAN'T DO S*(&" Now they try to zone me and I go, " LOL TELEPORT FULL COMBO PUNISH"
hmmmmmm I actually find it tough to get in on a batman zoner. Batarangs (up and straight), bats (with good bat management - shout outs to tom brady lol), grapple, mb versions and his almighty b23, can make it really tough for Shazam. Teleport just gets stuffed by bats if you manage to get past a batarang and that can lead to full combo on hit.

oh and maybe your sig text size isn't big enough :p