What's new

Shao Kahn Discussion Thread

BunLantern

Long live b13 minigun
Just played a ranked match not knowing about this nerf. Looked like a complete scrub dropping combos off MB bf3 lol

Agilaz

It has begun
Relax people, the hotfix was rolled back, assumedly for the full patch to roll out.
Restarted the game just now, and nope, amplified shoulder still doesn't allow for combo. Either nothing is rolled back, or the rollback did happen and this stayed which means it's intentional.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Restarted the game just now, and nope, amplified shoulder still doesn't allow for combo. Either nothing is rolled back, or the rollback did happen and this stayed which means it's intentional.
Or you can wait until the patch is fully out, which it is for other regions.

NB: As of writing, the PC version is NOT patched up to the current build of the game (despite there being a patch a few days ago), which means that Kahn's amplified shoulder charge does not launched opponents in a very favourable trajectory -- disallowing for most follow-ups that aren't another shoulder charge or his forward-2 hammer lunge.

Also, his KB from a forward throw (in reversal or wake-up) does not seem to work consistently, if at all.

121+3KB does 345 damage now :D
On its own, or with buffs? Which format -- console, Swiitch, PC..?

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
NB: As of writing, the PC version is NOT patched up to the current build of the game (despite there being a patch a few days ago), which means that Kahn's amplified shoulder charge does not launched opponents in a very favourable trajectory -- disallowing for most follow-ups that aren't another shoulder charge or his forward-2 hammer lunge.

Also, his KB from a forward throw (in reversal or wake-up) does not seem to work consistently, if at all.

On its own, or with buffs? Which format -- console, Swiitch, PC..?
On its own on PS4.

OzzFoxx

Hardcore gaming poser.
For fucks sake can someone tell me a way to attack without either a) being low profiled or b) waiting 80 frames until active? This guy is so fun but damn, he lacks fundamental mid options. And don’t mention that useless b2; I feel like Walter White tryin’ to whack that pesky fly

For fucks sake can someone tell me a way to attack without either a) being low profiled or b) waiting 80 frames until active? This guy is so fun but damn, he lacks fundamental mid options. And don’t mention that useless b2; I feel like Walter White tryin’ to whack that pesky fly
Is 10F mid bad? :)
Or huge range -2 on block D4?

What do you need fundamentally?

Other characters have 14-15F mids.

We all need MKX Kotal's fundamental F1. :)

ty lewis

Noob
Are you guys sure? I'm on Xbox and I'm having no issues with bf3. Everything is the same. No clue what's going on right now.

Just thought I’d mention it here because it is not in the move list, but you can hold back when doing up wrath hammer to make it land next to you. My bad if someone already pointed this out.

Olcadan13

mkx apologist
which do y'all think is the better variation?? Been running true kahn (the one with the low hammer) over the dark priest one lately

ty lewis

Noob
which do y'all think is the better variation?? Been running true kahn (the one with the low hammer) over the dark priest one lately
Both are pretty even. True Kahn gets a low and a much better projectile but Risen Emperor gets a combo ender with Annihilation that doesn't switch sides which is useful for keeping your opponent in the corner. Risen emperor will probably have more set-ups for the dark priest buff as it recovers much faster than True Kahns taunts.

They said before they will be applying changes to the tournament variations so there is a possibility of us getting skewered in one of the tournament variations. Whichever one that gets it will be the go-to.

As long as the bug that removes buffs/taunts the moment you do a KB exists I wouldn't waste time with the buff now. Makes it a lot less rewarding.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Yeah, then you gotta deal with 3 types of getup delay, 2 types of strike-invincible rolls, 2 wakeup attacks that recover nearly instantly and can barely be whiff punished, one of which is fully invincible AND backdashes.

Backdashes should've been decent, but some wakeup options shouldn't have been in there.

OzzFoxx

Hardcore gaming poser.
Is 10F mid bad? :)
Or huge range -2 on block D4?

What do you need fundamentally?

Other characters have 14-15F mids.

We all need MKX Kotal's fundamental F1. :)
Actually d4 is kinda great, I didn’t really give it a chance. The b2 just has no range and I keep getting blown up when I get in close. But d4 really does help, I’ll work on it some. He’s really fun

Actually d4 is kinda great, I didn’t really give it a chance. The b2 just has no range and I keep getting blown up when I get in close. But d4 really does help, I’ll work on it some. He’s really fun
My friend complains too about the neutral. Need more pokes. With Shao Kahn it is easy to be obsessed by long range moves and forget about pokes. :)

What really bothers me that I could not break away from the whole bnb (24xxbf3 amp, j2, 24xxdb3) - i spammed down r2 like crazy.
If it is a thing thats great for him. I will go to lab soon lol.

And i think in few weeks shao kahn needs to be prepared to F34 flawless block. :)
Easy to work around and punish flawless block attempt with risk.

Last edited: