What's new

SFxT Discussion Thread

I'm thinking about picking this game up. I never played SF or Tekken in my life. What characters in SF x T that play similar to sonya/mileena. A character with good footsies, good D+4, Good AAs and MS/stance mixups etc.?
I'm going to stick with females since you listed 2 females rofl.
Chunli, cammy, juri has amazing footsies on the sf side, decent AA and overall solid.

Julia and nina are the only female cast on the tekken side that I can say have amazing footsies. Lili is borderline, she has "ok" footsies, but makes it up with a superior aa game (air throw, invul aa normal, aa normal that crushes air attacks and a "tiger knee type aa")

If you are looking for a poke character that can punish off a poke heavily while maintaining ground you could try any of the female cast I named.

If you don't care about gender then there is a plethora of characters that have decent footsies and good AA. Stance changes are mostly tekken cast though with Jin/Steve/Xiouyu that I can name off the top of my head.

where did i say the bugs made sfxt a bad game?
My bad if I assumed you implied that. Its really annoying having people go "theres a bug, game is bad". I'm sure you of all people know how it feels since MK9 received the equal amount of garbage trolling.

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
i think its only doable on the corner. i cant connected mid-screen.
I dont think you really need it but you can do and electric windgod fist and that will have same properties as an ex one and more damage with kazuya that can link into cr. Hp EX. slauther hook lp version. cr Ho super or devestator. the electric wind god fist is hard to time and do but it works very well. you have to just frame the puch button with the input for the wave dash

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
I'm going to stick with females since you listed 2 females rofl.
Chunli, cammy, juri has amazing footsies on the sf side, decent AA and overall solid.

Julia and nina are the only female cast on the tekken side that I can say have amazing footsies. Lili is borderline, she has "ok" footsies, but makes it up with a superior aa game (air throw, invul aa normal, aa normal that crushes air attacks and a "tiger knee type aa")

If you are looking for a poke character that can punish off a poke heavily while maintaining ground you could try any of the female cast I named.

If you don't care about gender then there is a plethora of characters that have decent footsies and good AA. Stance changes are mostly tekken cast though with Jin/Steve/Xiouyu that I can name off the top of my head.

My bad if I assumed you implied that. Its really annoying having people go "theres a bug, game is bad". I'm sure you of all people know how it feels since MK9 received the equal amount of garbage trolling.
i agree with cammy but i feel julia maybe a tad to slow to compete with characters like hei or kazuya who can parry or counter her attacks. cammy can still tk cannon spike like she could in ssf4 and thats a goo thing considering dp's look nerfed in this build and pressure is really good in this game juri has amazing mix-up and crazy damage almost doing 500 damage by gerself and 687 when doing a cross rush from her bnb juggles. her ch. hp is jump cancelable so if its blocked you can go for a jump in any direction and you can counter off that as well if you reading a dp or counter poke. her J. hp can cross up her j. mp can cross up and her j. mk can cross up as well so off of a cr. hp you have a choice of moves that can either fake cross up or ross the opponent up. j mp is divekick cancelable on block and hit she is a very good rush down and pressure character with the option to zone and frame trap her opponents

i agree with cammy but i feel julia maybe a tad to slow to compete with characters like hei or kazuya who can parry or counter her attacks.
I'm not sure if I totally agree with this. I mean her standing HP comes out pretty fast and has really good range. Her cr. MK is pretty godlike as well since you can buffer that to any special and if you wanted to be fancy you could buffer it to qcb+p and charge cancel dash it for mixup. Julia is definitely a mixup heavy character with solid pokes and aa. I mean all she is really missing is a command grab to be considered top tier since she has so many ways to get in and make opponents guess.
edit
Also a 2frame super? (1frame startup) is so good. Basically if you have 2 meters the opponent has to accept that any whiff move, or any -2 attack will be punished with raw super.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
I'm thinking about picking this game up. I never played SF or Tekken in my life. What characters in SF x T that play similar to sonya/mileena. A character with good footsies, good D+4, Good AAs and MS/stance mixups etc.?
Cammy and Juri are like the SF version of both of them lol. Cammy has a divekick and Juri is annoying as hell to fight. :D

meh was worried that an open combo system would open opportunities to infinities. Hopefully they get patched out soon and obviously banned.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Heihachi can reflect projectiles. GG capcom.
Tech rolling has 0 recovery. Jumpin at the last second into a sonicboom/hadouken and then techrolling forwards is a legitimate way to get in on zoners. GG everything.

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
man why is lili so damn derp she comboing into herself for like 360 something with no meter man im dropping kaz for this girl let it be known that my team that i have dubbed #team (i got some hentai) is disbanded and is replaced with #team (pantsu)

man why is lili so damn derp she comboing into herself for like 360 something with no meter man im dropping kaz for this girl let it be known that my team that i have dubbed #team (i got some hentai) is disbanded and is replaced with #team (pantsu)
her main issue is no reversal and relies a lot on meter.
edit
Her angel knee is not a viable reversal, it completely whiffs crouching opponents.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Why is Law so gdlk? The only thing he suffers from is lack of solid anti-air, but he has aa options they all just aren't very good. He also suffers from pressure. Other than that, his damage is ridiculous and can come off of a c.MK that has some nice range and into a FFS that is safe on block to everything but 3 frame moves. So far Guile has been the best fit as a partner, Guile is also amazing in this game. He feels way less stiff than he does in SF4 and his c.HP anti-air is so far the best aa I've seen outside of an SRK. Plus teamed with Law, you can just go for a big damage combo then tag in Guile and zone the time out, so lame!

Guile is also amazing in this game. He feels way less stiff than he does in SF4 and his c.HP anti-air is so far the best aa I've seen outside of an SRK.
I have to correct you this one, lili has the best AA normal in the game. Andante (df. hk) is totally invulnerable to airborne attacks and lead to full dmg juggles.

I do agree guile is very strong in this game though.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I have to correct you this one, lili has the best AA normal in the game. Andante (df. hk) is totally invulnerable to airborne attacks and lead to full dmg juggles.

I do agree guile is very strong in this game though.
How can you correct me on the best AA I'VE seen? lol :confused:

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
I have ravens bnb combos down that do 400+ from hitconfirmable strings, jump ins, overheads, and all with no meter, you dont know derp :D + can get a sick pandora combo from lilli into ravens super which will do like 600-700 damage as a comeback which is even more derp . cant say i use pandora though, it does suck quite hard.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
It's all good, haha.

So which character or team do you guys see the most right now? So far I see a shit ton of Rolento, Hugo, Ryu and Kazuya. All very good in this game. I haven't seen any Balrog or Kuma though.

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
im doing 415 faithfully now off simple punishes and the likes, but im not doing tag combos and stuff yet im not really a team person. i really see alot of ryu and kazuya though

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Im using Raven as my point man, as backups i have been using lili, juri and ibuki, all of which i have no idea how to play except a little bit of ibuki, but her lmh target combos seem to get caught into chains too often, meaning you cant link a special and just get a shitty unsafe launcher all the time. Her kunais giving a knockdown in this game is questionable, although i have some really good ground setups with her for tech traps and such which is kind of good.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Hey guys,i wanted to pick it up but i was wondering,wouldn't people who've played SF or Tekken have an advantage vs a newbie?I don't wanna train and get my ass whooped for a month or two till i can stand up to even the crappiest players.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Hey guys,i wanted to pick it up but i was wondering,wouldn't people who've played SF or Tekken have an advantage vs a newbie?I don't wanna train and get my ass whooped for a month or two till i can stand up to even the crappiest players.
Its not a very deep game at the moment, if you learn to anti air then you can probably beat most players. Theres not much to go on in terms of "tech" so you will probably have to be smart and figure stuff out your self to get around things, like techrolls and walk forward jab framtraps.
If you have never played a street fighter game you might feel lost, if you have never played tekken you probably wont be at a disadvantage other than not knowing characters signiture tricks, or the wave dash/special steps.
Its very fun, questionably balanced, and very unique in style, so you will love it or hate it.

RoGE

Noob
Wow..Loving the gameplay so far, it has many of the things I love the most about fighting games.

This game has a really solid netcode too imo, I'd trade the sound glitch for lag anytime.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelston...ghter_x_tekken

Hot on the heels of its March 6 release date, SFxT is about to kick off regular updates - meant to keep the experience fresh all through the year - with a blend of free and paid DLC. There's a whole bunch o' content coming, so let's break it all down...

Up first on April 3 are Swap Costumes that take the "alternate costume" DLC idea one step further - instead of offering basic alts, these outfits cross the fashion line by dressing SF characters as Tekken characters and vice versa. See Raven dress as Guy, Cammy as King and uh, Kuma as R. Mika...(?)

Swap Costumes are available for $1.00 (80 Microsoft Points) each, or if you wanna dive in for the whole assortment you can pick up the Street Fighter or Tekken collection packs for $13.00 (1040 MSP) each - buying one pack saves $6.00, grabbing both saves $12.00. April 3 also brings three free color packs, each containing four new additions to the palette for added customization options. Topping off the April 3 additions are three new quick combos, making for a total of five pre-programmed attack patterns. While spamming these pre-set combos is tempting, don't forget each use saps some of your Cross Gauge!

Shortly after those items arrive, look for a free tournament support title update that will add a new and faster way to select your gems from the versus screen via a dial system. We'll actually run a live stream this Monday at 4pm PT to show off this update, so head to our Twitch TV page for details. The tournament update will also include improvements to the online sound issues discussed in Ayano-san's earlier blog.

Looking just a few more weeks beyond the tournament support addition, the next big wave is a massive selection of free content delivered as a title update. This includes three new Assist Gem packs and six new Boost Gem packs, which add over 60 gems to the selection pool. This sizable infusion of new gems exponentially increases the customization options for every player, so we should see some interesting new loadouts once this DLC arrives. To that point, we're also tossing in three more gem slots per character in which you can save your preferred loadouts. Finally, this update comes complete with a free replay analyzer, which enables you to dissect each fighters' vital statistics.

The biggest additions come soon after the PlayStation Vita version launches later this year - the 12 characters debuting on Vita will come to consoles as a $20.00 (1600 MSP) bundle. I know many were worried past character pricing would push the cost of this update sky high, so I'm happy to say Blanka, Sakura, Guy, Cody, Elena, Dudley, Alisa, Bryan, Christie, Jack, Lars and Lei will not break the bank.

One additional note - the dev team is also already working on solutions to the infinite combos currently making the rounds on YouTube, and will have them patched up once these other updates are out the door.

I know this was a massive wall of text, so for further clarity, here's everything we discussed above. This all begins on April 3 with Swap Costumes, color packs and quick combos, and then rolls out over the next several weeks:

FREE
Nine new gem packs totaling 60+ new gems
Replay analyzer
Tournament support for gem selection
Three new quick combo pre-sets
Three additional gem loadout slots
Three new color packs with four colors each

PAID
Swap Costumes - $1.00 (80 MSP) each or in two $13.00 (1040 MSP) Street Fighter and/or Tekken packs
DLC characters - $20.00 (1600 MSP) for all 12 new fighters
$20 for 12 characters? I'm definitely ok with this. $1 per costume? def still ok with this.

Capcom doing dlc pricing right!? WTF?