What's new

Sektors lack of fuel

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
About that 1,2,B1,F4,4,TU,JK,EXTU,B2,1 combo...:D

My go-to combo is 12b1, f44, TU, B34, EXTU, B2 and end with whatever is appropriate (1, torch, upmissile). I don't remember, but doesn't this combo do the same amount of damage as those 2?
correct :) it depends on what you find easier to connect the EXTU into, i find nit easier to JK but if you find it easier to B3,4, than by all means go for it, it does identical damage.

PND_Ketchup

How do you feel about block dashing guys? How does it affect the :en Up Missile setup for the 50/50 or throw?

I think now that everyone is forced to do it, Sektor lost part of his edge, because block dashing helps the whole roster move faster.
hand on heart ive not noticed any change, the people i play with all the time have been block dashing for as long as i have so i haven't noticed any change.

ryublaze

Noob
About that 1,2,B1,F4,4,TU,JK,EXTU,B2,1 combo...:D

My go-to combo is 12b1, f44, TU, B34, EXTU, B2 and end with whatever is appropriate (1, torch, upmissile). I don't remember, but doesn't this combo do the same amount of damage as those 2?
About that 12b1, f44, TU, B34, EXTU, B2 combo...

Yea it does do the same damage. Here are (what I believe) Sektor's most damaging combos off of each different combo starter:

These 3 combos do the same damage, so idk which one you prefer:
1, 2, B+1, Jump Kick, Teleport Uppercut, F+4, 3, Metal Uppercut, B+2 Flame Burner (45%, 47% w/ EX Flame, 11 Hits)
1, 2, B+1, F+4, 3, Teleport Uppercut, Jump Kick, Metal Uppercut, B+2, Flame Burner (45%, 47% w/ EX Flame, 11 Hits)
1, 2, B+1, F+4, 3, Teleport Uppercut, B+3, 4, Metal Uppecut, B+2, Flame Burner (45%, 47% w/ EX Flame, 12 Hits)

Left Lift combo starters:
B+3, 4, Teleport Uppercut, F+4, 3, Metal Uppercut, B+2, Flame Burner (38%, 40% w/ EX Flame, 9 Hits)
U+3, 4, Teleport Uppercut, F+4, 3, Metal Uppercut, B+2, Flame Burner (33%, 35% w/ EX Flame, 8 Hits)

Other:
F+4, 3, Teleport Uppercut, Jump Kick, Metal Uppercut, B+2, Flame Burner (39%, 41% w/ EX Flame, 8 Hits)
^^If F+4, 4, then it's easier to perform JK after the TU but does 1% less.
2, 1, Teleport Uppercut, F+4, 4, Metal Uppercut, B+2, Flame Burner (39%, 41% w/ EX Flame, 9 Hits)
^^If F+4, 3, then it does the same damage but harder to perform JK.
B+2, Teleport Uppercut, F+4, 4, Metal Uppercut, B+2 Flame Burner(42%, 44% w/ EX Flame, 8 Hits)
^^If to F+4, 3, then it does the same damage but harder to perform JK.

Advanced:
B+2, Teleport Uppercut, B+2, 1, B+3, 4, Metal Uppercut, B+2, Flame Burner (49%, 51% w/ EX Flame, 10 Hits)
B+3, 4, Teleport Uppercut, B+2, 1, B+3, 4, Metal Uppercut, B+2, Flame Burner (43%, 45% with EX Flame, 11 Hits)
1, 2, B+1, (Instant) Teleport Uppercut, B+2, 1, B+3, 4, Metal Uppercut, B+2, Flame Burner (48%, 50% w/ EX Flame, 12 Hits)

I wrote all of these down pre-patch so the damage is higher than what Sektor can do now.

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
Off a jump punch starter, the B34~TU, JK~EX TU, B2 FT does 1% more then the B34~TU, B34~EX TU, B2 FT variation. I personally find it pretty easy to connect the EX TU off a jumpkick and that one percent could make the match so I'd say learn that instead.

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
Off a jump punch starter, the B34~TU, JK~EX TU, B2 FT does 1% more then the B34~TU, B34~EX TU, B2 FT variation. I personally find it pretty easy to connect the EX TU off a jumpkick and that one percent could make the match so I'd say learn that instead.
Noone should be doing b34 tu into another b34 the best option is b34 tu f43 ex Tu. Or even b34 tu b21 b34 tu/ex tu. Good thing his is if you drop the b34 then yiu don't really lose anything for trying it, its just the same as his normal meterless from b34.

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
im pretty sure exflamethrower is more unsafe on block and whiff then the regular flamethrower. I find that it can be one of the most useless ex moves in the game.
Also don't quote me on this but I'm fairly sure I've fully combo punished with 12b1 ex flame burner before lol.

im pretty sure exflamethrower is more unsafe on block and whiff then the regular flamethrower. I find that it can be one of the most useless ex moves in the game.
The safety of EX Flamethrower depends on where you are. A complete wiff is ludicrously unsafe, probably close to two full seconds of vulnerabilities. At point blank range you recover significantly faster, but can still be punished even with the push back. Sektor starts to recover as soon as EX Flamethrower is blocked, unlike normal flamethrower, which does the full animation regardless.

PND_Ketchup

i know this is off topic but just to let you guys know, when i go to EGL in october ill be fully costumed.

Just sayin :D

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
yes it does :D well... if i can go, mustard and i have an expo the exact same weekend thats already been payed for lol. So depending on when it starts we may be able to go to both
Does he have a Cyrax kostume??? lol.. That would elevate the Epicness...

Robotic

Gentleman.
In the damage nerf thread, I asked if anyone can test whether the back to back flame thrower option is no longer safe for some characters as it seems that performing be may be a tiny bit slower. I don't have anyone to test this on. Can someone check to see if characters like SZ or Kabal can safely jump outta the way of the second flame thrower after getting hit with the first one?

PND_Ketchup

In the damage nerf thread, I asked if anyone can test whether the back to back flame thrower option is no longer safe for some characters as it seems that performing be may be a tiny bit slower. I don't have anyone to test this on. Can someone check to see if characters like SZ or Kabal can safely jump outta the way of the second flame thrower after getting hit with the first one?
i can test this and get back to you :)

on another note this should work.

PND_Ketchup

Haha looks fkin awesome lol.

Do you plan on playing MK in full gear? xD
if we go to egl we'll be in full gear as we'd have been to the london comicon before hand, chances are really low that we'll be able to make egl at this rate, there seems to be loads of shit planned while were at the con :/

why oh why did they have to be the same weekend?!?!

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
sorry to get off topic but two things:

does anyone know the the frames on a blocked 2,1,4? It actually seems to be PLUS on block.. maybe like +1

likewise, a blocked f+4,3 leaves you at about 0 so since sektor has a 6 frame jab you can either d+1 for a frame trap, b+3,4 or 1,2,b+1 for the full juggle. There's many more options you can do but these are just some to consider. However if your opponent has a fast punish like kung spin, its just best to block in this case.
HOWEVER, if someone crouch blocks the f+4, the 3 will make sektor go to the other side.. but it seems like both you and your opponent recover at about the same time so you're safe.

EDIT: another thing.. imo Sektor's X-ray is pretty underrated, it has some neat uses for different matchups which I'll explain later
bump

Ketchup, make a new tread for your costumes and send it to storms immediately to front page this shit lmao.

update your thread with the tournament footage with you 2 wearing the costumes

plz :D

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
There haven't been any posts in this thread for awhile. Anyone think we should get started on making the guide?