What's new

Sektors lack of fuel

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Does anyone actually make full use of Sektor's leg lift? I know the tiny hitbox on the mid is BS, but it is a true 50/50. I've stopped using it myself, which bothers me, and I'm trying to get back into using it.

I feel like if they improved the hitbox on that mid, that Sektor would be substantially stronger.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Does anyone actually make full use of Sektor's leg lift? I know the tiny hitbox on the mid is BS, but it is a true 50/50. I've stopped using it myself, which bothers me, and I'm trying to get back into using it.

I feel like if they improved the hitbox on that mid, that Sektor would be substantially stronger.
I use it.. If you expect the opponent to be defensive then you get that mix up, you just have to be aware of the range.. What I like though is that if you miss the overhead and they try to punish, you kan kancel into a teleport and it works like an instant teleport... Really useful IMO. =)

Also after a jump in punch you have enough advantage to get that free mix up. I tend to use that mixup often after a jump in punch..

In theory it's a true 50/50, but in practice it's not. In order to get the most speed out of the overhead, you have to do u34 without any delay. If you just do the leg lift to create a 50/50, they can poke out or worse.

Even if you lock someone down with a homing missile, leg lift is still easy to deal with so long as you have the basest level of knowledge about Sektor.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
In theory it's a true 50/50, but in practice it's not. In order to get the most speed out of the overhead, you have to do u34 without any delay. If you just do the leg lift to create a 50/50, they can poke out or worse.

Even if you lock someone down with a homing missile, leg lift is still easy to deal with so long as you have the basest level of knowledge about Sektor.
Yeah but it is a 50/50 if you hit u334 instead of just u34.

In most games, I kind of have a rhythm that seems to work more often than not. I always start out using my 12, and 12b1 strings and opponents will usually start off blocking high. This is the best time to get them with the b34 string after a jip. I only do b34 after jip to train them to block low after a jip. Once they are trained to do that, you can hit them with the u34. I NEVER use u3 at all until I get to this point. This should be the first u34 you've done. It seems to me that as soon as they see leg lift the first time, they are now expecting it for the rest of the game. Then after that you have the choice of b34, u34 and u334 and it will start depending on who guesses correctly. Sometimes this process takes awhile, sometimes it happens very quickly. It depends on how quickly your opponent adapts to your offense. The cool thing is that if they don't react to it quickly, they are pretty much getting blown up.

This probably isn't a huge deal, but I though I'd post it anyway.

If you end a comb on Reptile with 11b1 it puts you just outside of dash range, but Reptile inside b1, b2, and b3 range. If he goes for a wake-up dash you can potentially get him with any of those, though the recovery on a whiffed dash is small enough that your best bet is going for a b34.

In fact, you should just do a b3. Even though you are inside EX Slide range, if you go for a b3 immediately after your combo it will beat out EX Slide.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
This probably isn't a huge deal, but I though I'd post it anyway.

If you end a comb on Reptile with 11b1 it puts you just outside of dash range, but Reptile inside b1, b2, and b3 range. If he goes for a wake-up dash you can potentially get him with any of those, though the recovery on a whiffed dash is small enough that your best bet is going for a b34.

In fact, you should just do a b3. Even though you are inside EX Slide range, if you go for a b3 immediately after your combo it will beat out EX Slide.
Another teleport to end the combo does the same damage, builds meter, and puts him a touch closer to you(still out of dash range). You recover faster, as well. Just another option.