What's new

Sektors lack of fuel

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Regarding the telekick hitting you - I d4 into upmissile and it does not hit me. Do you b2, 1, f4, 2, or d4? Depending on your answer, it may be that d4 gives you that teeny bit of extra time.
I haven't been messing with up missile setups yet as much as I should. Definitely going to test this stuff out tonight and give my thoughts.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
If REO is anything to go by, a HitBox can actually make things worse. The issue is MK not being able to reliably read fast inputs, and you can put things in so fast with a HitBox that it drops and misreads stuff. He's been particularly having issues with that with Kabal.
I've already played on a makeshift one. It going to work out pretty well for me.

Crathen

Death is my business
For the moment , know that if you end your combos with d4 UM if the opponent rolls back without doing a Wakeup he will not be hit by the missile but you are safe from any wakeup , on the other hand ending with f4 UM will catch them either if they stand there or roll back but it's unsafe vs techroll wakeupattacks , i'm working on the other enders but those 2 seems to be the best options.

Robotic

Gentleman.
For the moment , know that if you end your combos with d4 UM if the opponent rolls back without doing a Wakeup he will not be hit by the missile but you are safe from any wakeup , on the other hand ending with f4 UM will catch them either if they stand there or roll back but it's unsafe vs techroll wakeupattacks , i'm working on the other enders but those 2 seems to be the best options.
that's because the f4 upmissile causes the opponent to land quicker, which will cause his options to show up faster, making the upmissile come out later and track him on the later active frames - this is the problem with F4. Once your opponent becomes aware, he can punish it handily. However, this could be situational to each character and each characters specials and EX moves, so all options into upmissile should be on the table until further review.

What should be done is:

(Blank) into upmissile - what happens if Character X techs back naked? techs forward naked? Tech's back with special? Techs forward with special? Techs back with Ex(blank)? Techs forward with Ex (blank)? No tech but wakeup special (blank)? No tech but wakeup Ex (blank)? Etc.

What happens when I JIP? When I dash forward this or that? This list, when compiled, will give us such a fuckin grasp on the upmissile pressure it will be ridiculous. We can go into a Cyrax match, for example, and know precisely what the advantages and risks are with (blank) upmissile and follow it with (blank).

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
Regarding the telekick hitting you - I d4 into upmissile and it does not hit me. Do you b2, 1, f4, 2, or d4? Depending on your answer, it may be that d4 gives you that teeny bit of extra time.
I've tried all if mileena tech rolls and does tk whilst you jump forward immediately after she'll catch you in the air 1 and 2 should give you the same amount of time if not more than d4, the recoveries just as fast and you hit them higher up in the air anyway I think.

If someone can confirm that cancelling into behind up missle catches tech rollers then I'll post exactly what to do after ending with UM for those that don't know, but if it doesn't then it'd make them useless if people could just tech roll and avoid it.

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
I'm not 100% certain on this but just setting the opponent to tech roll and then jump and the up missle hitting them at the height of jump its seems like they can just tech roll and jump away, dash, w/e to avoid the up missle.

Besides the obvious enough part how theres a 100% guaranteed reactable punish to f4 up missle anyway I think the best enders are 1 2 and d4.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
F4 into UM to end a combo is not a good idea in my opinion, you end right in front of their face as they stand which is where i personally don't want to be, i do the UM to make them move out of the way and gives me distance on wakeup OR lets me punish what they go for in retaliation.

I still don't think the B2 is a bad option, it only goes wrong if you mistime it. If you want them to be locked down on wakeup go for D4 or F4, if you want them to react and jump away go for B2.

Robotic

Gentleman.
F4 into UM to end a combo is not a good idea in my opinion, you end right in front of their face as they stand which is where i personally don't want to be, i do the UM to make them move out of the way and gives me distance on wakeup OR lets me punish what they go for in retaliation.

I still don't think the B2 is a bad option, it only goes wrong if you mistime it. If you want them to be locked down on wakeup go for D4 or F4, if you want them to react and jump away go for B2.
That's what I'm fucking talking about! :D Explanation of differences and how they can be applied. Once we have that, then we can see how they apply to certain characters in certain situations. Nice.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I don't think I've seen this mentioned before but against rush down characters like Jax I think it's good to end the kombo with 1 1 flamethrower as it gives you good spacing and negates their wake ups...

You kan also back dash into your missile from there.

What do you guys think??

I don't think I've seen this mentioned before but against rush down characters like Jax I think it's good to end the kombo with 1 1 flamethrower as it gives you good spacing and negates their wake ups...

You kan also back dash into your missile from there.

What do you guys think??
ending in flamethrower leaves you both at neutral

yeah its good but sometimes you want to risk blocking a move of theirs and getting a possible upmissle chip/reset/safe jump.

we all know about the flamethrower guy :p not to be a dick. just saying.

when your playing it safe you end in flamethrower so you can operate from there. Alot of players (including myself) like to play the oki game with their opponent to force mistakes/moves. i really wouldn't want jax after any distance off of a flamethrower though! he can out jump you into his air grab or anti air if you if you jump in at him. He can easily dash punch you if you dash back to shoot an upmissle or just be a nuisance in general from that range. Thats just my opinion though. Normally i end in flamethrower depending the character. i really like knockdowns though.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
ending in flamethrower leaves you both at neutral

yeah its good but sometimes you want to risk blocking a move of theirs and getting a possible upmissle chip/reset/safe jump.

we all know about the flamethrower guy not to be a dick. just saying.

when your playing it safe you end in flamethrower so you can operate from there. Alot of players (including myself) like to play the oki game with their opponent to force mistakes/moves. i really wouldn't want jax after any distance off of a flamethrower though! he can out jump you into his air grab or anti air if you if you jump in at him. He can easily dash punch you if you dash back to shoot an upmissle or just be a nuisance in general from that range. Thats just my opinion though. Normally i end in flamethrower depending the character. i really like knockdowns though.
I'm not talking about just the flame ender though.. I'm pretty sure that has been common knowledge for a while now..
I'm talking about the whole ender... 1 1 gives you distance and then the flame adds more distance and negates his wake up at the same time. If he tries to dash punch I'm not sure, but I think he won't reach.. I would go for the back dash to zoning game from there or maybe read and punish..

The thing I'm mostly going with this though is that it puts you at a safe distance for zoning.. At least in my theory... That's why I was bringing it up.. I have yet to use it in a real match though. I tend to forget once I'm in the game and just go with my regular enders.. I'm bringing this up as another tool, not as an end all solution.

I was also thinking it might be good against other characters as well, not just Jax so I was looking for input in that respect too. I guess I just had Jax in mind because of my matches with Tyrant...

PND_Ketchup

I'm not talking about just the flame ender though.. I'm pretty sure that has been common knowledge for a while now..
I'm talking about the whole ender... 1 1 gives you distance and then the flame adds more distance and negates his wake up at the same time. If he tries to dash punch I'm not sure, but I think he won't reach.. I would go for the back dash to zoning game from there or maybe read and punish..

The thing I'm mostly going with this though is that it puts you at a safe distance for zoning.. At least in my theory... That's why I was bringing it up.. I have yet to use it in a real match though. I tend to forget once I'm in the game and just go with my regular enders.. I'm bringing this up as another tool, not as an end all solution.

I was also thinking it might be good against other characters as well, not just Jax so I was looking for input in that respect too. I guess I just had Jax in mind because of my matches with Tyrant...
whenever i fight jax i never want to give him the opportunity to do an ex dash punch, if you do a flamethrower don't be too aggressive after it because theyre just waiting for an opportunity to go through a projectile you throw.

If it's distance and spacing you want cant you end a combo with B1 instead to knock them full screen? a dash punch will miss you from that range.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
whenever i fight jax i never want to give him the opportunity to do an ex dash punch, if you do a flamethrower don't be too aggressive after it because theyre just waiting for an opportunity to go through a projectile you throw.

If it's distance and spacing you want cant you end a combo with B1 instead to knock them full screen? a dash punch will miss you from that range.
Yeah.. But at the same time Ex dash punch is unsafe right??

After posting, I was thinking 1 1 b1 would be a better ender against Jax. But what about the rest of the cast?? Or do you think the 1 1 Flamethrower ender is useless? I'm just trying to see if it has some use... Because I really feel it does.

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ

After posting, I was thinking 1 1 b1 would be a better ender against Jax. But what about the rest of the cast?? Or do you think the 1 1 Flamethrower ender is useless? I'm just trying to see if it has some use... Because I really feel it does.
In most bnb's you can end with b2 flame for max dmg. In juggles where the opponent falls faster like leg lift overhead ex TU jk TU then use 12 flame thrower if you want to keep the standing because b2 is too slow.

PND_Ketchup

flamethrower will always have its uses but the uses the UM has to offer in my opinion is greater. the flamethrower is like the overhead stance or the 2,1,4, best done in very small amounts like once per game or something to keep them guessing but as you're at neutral doing it too much will give them time to attack you, the UM starts them at a disadvantage so that's why i use it instead.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police

It is really good against characters without fast advancing specials. Even when flamethrower hits, i often get caught with a fast special afterwards sometimes so you have to be prepared to go on the defensive immediately.

PND_Ketchup

It is really good against characters without fast advancing specials. Even when flamethrower hits, i often get caught with a fast special afterwards sometimes so you have to be prepared to go on the defensive immediately.
that said chaos, if you do the UM in front after a string the fast moving special will get hit by the missile. works better against people like reptile etc

the guide had best said the key to the flamethrower ender is to not get greedy and attack straight away because people that mash out fast attacks will probably beat you :p

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Yeah.. That is something I keep in mind.. Specifically Raiden and Kabal.. Ending with 1 1 Flame eliminates Reptile's Dash I think though..

flamethrower will always have its uses but the uses the UM has to offer in my opinion is greater. the flamethrower is like the overhead stance or the 2,1,4, best done in very small amounts like once per game or something to keep them guessing but as you're at neutral doing it too much will give them time to attack you, the UM starts them at a disadvantage so that's why i use it instead.
I will try to use up missiles more then and try to read their wake ups.. Hopefully that makes me a better Sektor...

In most bnb's you can end with b2 flame for max dmg. In juggles where the opponent falls faster like leg lift overhead ex TU jk TU then use 12 flame thrower if you want to keep the standing because b2 is too slow.
It is possible to land b2 into flame... You just have to do it a bit fast.. I negative edge it with b2 f2.

I used to throw out naked EX teles quite a bit so I tried to maximize my damage with that kombo..

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
Yeah.. That is something I keep in mind.. Specifically Raiden and Kabal.. Ending with 1 1 Flame eliminates Reptile's Dash I think though..

I will try to use up missiles more then and try to read their wake ups.. Hopefully that makes me a better Sektor...

It is possible to land b2 into flame... You just have to do it a bit fast.. I negative edge it with b2 f2.

I used to throw out naked EX teles quite a bit so I tried to maximize my damage with that kombo..
Yup thats how I've always done b2 into flame. Its possible in most bnb's but no, you can't do b2 flame in the combo I listed the flame will whiff each time you can land it after a plain ex TU though.

Theres no reason to do 11 flame. Just do 12 flame they both have the same 6 frame starter but the 2 usually gives you about 1% more dmg. In most bnb's i won't use 12 flame but in some combos its doing 12 flame only is 1-2% less dmg and your less likely to drop it.

Robotic

Gentleman.
A.) If Character X is a real threat upclose, end combos with b21 to knock them down and away from you (Jax, Sonya, Liu Kang, Baraka, Reptile, JC...)

B.) If you are fine with neutral position against character X, end with b2 flame thrower (Scorpion, Quan Chi, Smoke, Sindel, Stryker, Ermac, Noob...)

Much more to it, by far, but that's a good foundation. Upmissile resets are up next.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Yup thats how I've always done b2 into flame. Its possible in most bnb's but no, you can't do b2 flame in the combo I listed the flame will whiff each time you can land it after a plain ex TU though.

Theres no reason to do 11 flame. Just do 12 flame they both have the same 6 frame starter but the 2 usually gives you about 1% more dmg. In most bnb's i won't use 12 flame but in some combos its doing 12 flame only is 1-2% less dmg and your less likely to drop it.
My bad I read it wrong.. I completely missed the overhead starter...

I just tried the 1 2 flame ender and I keep wiffing the 2 in the 1 2 right now...
Combo is "b3 4, tele, f4 4, ex tele, 1 1 flame" replacing the 1 1 flame with 1 2 flame is causing me to drop the combo...

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police

I just tried the 1 2 flame ender and I keep wiffing the 2 in the 1 2 right now...
Combo is "b3 4, tele, f4 4, ex tele, 1 1 flame" replacing the 1 1 flame with 1 2 flame is causing me to drop the combo...
you have to slight dash in for the 12

Robotic

Gentleman.

Try this one instead to see if it works for you: b3 4, tele, f4 3, ex tele, b2 flame.

Doing f43 instead of f44 will give you 1% more damage (it shouldn't, but it does). When inputting b2, treat pressing back like it's the first input of the flame thrower for much easier command inputting. It should be back and 2 at the time followed by forward and 1 at the same time; that will get you b2 flame every time.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
you have to slight dash in for the 12
Tried it.. Thanx.. Turns out it doesn't give more damage though, so it's not worth the extra effort...

Try this one instead to see if it works for you: b3 4, tele, f4 3, ex tele, b2 flame.

Doing f43 instead of f44 will give you 1% more damage (it shouldn't, but it does). When inputting b2, treat pressing back like it's the first input of the flame thrower for much easier command inputting. It should be back and 2 at the time followed by forward and 1 at the same time; that will get you b2 flame every time.
Thanks.. I completely forgot that it gives 1% more damage.

PS: I'm wondering if you guys kan kritique my Sektor? There are two vids uploaded from the EGP Tournament I attended that I kan post up somewhere.. (Which thread?)

Speaking of Jax, would someone mind confirming this for me?

There have been a few times where I've seen b1 "beat" Jax's dash punch. However, it's not ever been a thing I've done intentionally, so I don't know if I'm catching him on the start up or cool down. In all likelihood I am, but I lack an extra set of hands to test it myself to be sure.