What's new

Scorpion General Discussion

Oh I do practice. Significantly more than you. I post tech on every forum there is and you spent the first week complaining how unsafe scorpion is.

I'll go one step further to suggest he should not be able to use teleport while airborne. Right now this character is the mileena and atom of the game. I.e. You don't actually have to play the game of follow it's rules. Most would agree he's incredibly cheap. The fake out wiffed jump 3 baits a d2 and is then cancelled into teleport. That needs to go.

The push back of his f34 also needs to go. He was buffed considerably since the beta, his damage as well.
You're going a bit over the edge. F34 wont be as good as it is now when players start to master FB.

So I’ve been practicing jailing.
Should it “kounter hit” to count as a legit jail?
You simply set AI to duck.
You hit it with D1 then try with S1.
If you can hit it : jail.
If AI can duck again: don't jail.

Ducking is the same as poking in that situation as the point is you dont block just "low profile".

You're going a bit over the edge. F34 wont be as good as it is now when players start to master FB.
F3 stagger and F32 will be even stronger against somebody who can flawless block it lol. But that is just my theory.
Maybe it can be fuzzy flawless blocked lol..

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
If they removed at least no more complains. And no more wasted offensive meter on block lol - as on even medium level players will punish it.
Bullshit factor removed... the hope... will it still work??? Please hit into amp tele lol.
Nah, people always will find something to complain about. No matter what. It is inevitable. Especially if they’re getting mopped up online to a certain character. The rage complaints will always be a factor.
Oh I do practice. Significantly more than you. I post tech on every forum there is and you spent the first week complaining how unsafe scorpion is.

I'll go one step further to suggest he should not be able to use teleport while airborne. Right now this character is the mileena and atom of the game. I.e. You don't actually have to play the game of follow it's rules. Most would agree he's incredibly cheap. The fake out wiffed jump 3 baits a d2 and is then cancelled into teleport. That needs to go.

The push back of his f34 also needs to go. He was buffed considerably since the beta, his damage as well.
Maybe you do, but clearly you’re doing it wrong if this is what you’re choosing to complain about. If you’re going to blatantly ignore advice on how to deal with your complaints, you’re choosing to not actually want ways to deal with it. Meaning you just want the character nerfed so you don’t have to actually lab against him. Based on what you said in this post, that much is clear.

Good luck with that.

:coffee:

F3 stagger and F32 will be even stronger against somebody who can flawless block it lol. But that is just my theory.
Maybe it can be fuzzy flawless blocked lol..
IDK if all characters can do this, but Subz can poke him out of f32. It's a small gap (f3*2). He can even Fatal Blow throw it lol. F32 is good, but it aint great.

T

I play the character. I play the whole cast. The character will be nerfed along with Geras and Erron in the first real patch.
His teleport is the only thing that needs nerfing. Along with any move that can be amped on block. Other than that he’s just a solid character.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
F3 throw is amazing. Everyone gets conditioned.
Everyone.
I don’t think you should be abusing it though.
Not like these Liu Kang players.
I get dizzy

Shirakani

BBQ on Scorpion's head
His teleport is the only thing that needs nerfing. Along with any move that can be amped on block. Other than that he’s just a solid character.
Sorry but what the absolute unholy FUCK?!

Scorpion has already lost classic tools such as meterless Spear capture and his Hellport is UNSAFE AF... stagger and amp on block notwithstanding its STILL completely utterly punishable... and you want him to LOSE MORE?! You want the character to redefine the bottom tier or something?!

What's next? Nerf his F3 to be unsafe? Oh wait, he still has B143, quick, make that unsafe too! Nevermind, lets just delete the character completely.

Do you even play Scorpion or are you just getting rekt by him online?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
No more asking for changes. It is not what this thread or forum is for.

So let’s get back on topic.

Sorry but what the absolute unholy FUCK?!

Scorpion has already lost classic tools such as meterless Spear capture and his Hellport is UNSAFE AF... stagger and amp on block notwithstanding its STILL completely utterly punishable... and you want him to LOSE MORE?! You want the character to redefine the bottom tier or something?!

What's next? Nerf his F3 to be unsafe? Oh wait, he still has B143, quick, make that unsafe too! Nevermind, lets just delete the character completely.

Do you even play Scorpion or are you just getting rekt by him online?
I don’t agree with specials being able to be amplified on block. I just posted a video of me playing him earlier.

IDK if all characters can do this, but Subz can poke him out of f32. It's a small gap (f3*2). He can even Fatal Blow throw it lol. F32 is good, but it aint great.
Oh lol I did not know about that. Sub has 6F D1 so if he can poke out it means that 6F can poke out.
In that case sub can D1 blindlessly and beat F3 throw and F32? Maybe beat F34 too? In that case that is pretty much hard counter then. :)

Not everybody has 6F move though.

I played with sub yesterday he is pretty insane. I felt a bit mkx back again with 50/50 lol. His buttons are perfect not surprised he is top tier. His 14F B1 has same or even more reach than Scorpion's and lead into hit confirmable full combo punish.
No problem with that the good characters know everything equally just a bit different playstyle. It is better than having trash moves and can not play efficiently.

Last edited:
Oh lol I did not know about that. Sub has 6F D1 so if he can poke out it means that 6F can poke out.
In that case sub can D1 blindlessly and beat F3 throw and F32? Maybe beat F34 too? In that case that is pretty much hard counter then. :)

Not everybody has 6F move though.
I only know this because Subz is my 3rd character.

In the lab I set Scorp to use these options at random;
-f3 > throw​
-f32​
-f3 > walk back​
-f34​
The only option that beat d1 with Subz was f34.

Last edited:
Are any of you guys using the “Hold button to activate Krushing Blow” option?

100% recommend you guys at least try it.

How many times do you get in a d2 KB and your opponent just uses breakaway? How about f34 KB? This option eliminates the annoyance of the breakaway mechanic, and allows you to use KBs more strategically. Also, it allows you to save KBs for comebacks lol.

I only know this because Subz is my 3rd character.

In the lab I set Scorp to use these options at random;
-f3 > throw​
-f32​
-f3 > walk back​
-f34​
The only option that beat it if you d1 with Subz was f34.
I went to lab and that's right. 6F interrupts... That means 7F can trade every time? i could not trade with Scorp 7F D1.
OMG I tried F3xxTeleport and he interrupts it as well. I have out of option now. lol

F34 has the same starting frames it is interresting how they made it to be able to flawless block AND 6F poke does not interrupt. Maybe because he is airborne... :)

Btw that only means that against sub zero the Searing Rage variation is not that good as the Reborn. You lose the F32 threat for S3 throw anyway. Besides that the 212+4 ender and the BS is in there but I think the cancels now are more effective.

For me the Searing Rage variation is better as I like playing more neutral and keep defensive meter for break aways/wake ups. And to that playstyle the more patient play is better which fits me better (in that patient play putting BS up is also takes part).
But of course there are situations (e.g. against sub) where it is less efficient and cancels are more paid off... :)

I will play with Sub zero as well he was pretty fun and I could play him after 10 minutes practice lol. Just damn BnB is not easy with J3 - DASH... But I got better and better after more tries lol.

Last edited:
I went to lab and that's right. 6F interrupts... That means 7F can trade every time? i could not trade with Scorp 7F D1.
OMG I tried F3xxTeleport and he interrupts it as well. I have out of option now. lol

F34 has the same starting frames it is interresting how they made it to be able to flawless block AND 6F poke does not interrupt. Maybe because he is airborne... :)

Btw that only means that against sub zero the Searing Rage variation is not that good as the Reborn. You lose the F32 threat for S3 throw anyway. Besides that the 212+4 ender and the BS is in there but I think the cancels now are more effective.

For me the Searing Rage variation is better as I like playing more neutral and keep defensive meter for break aways/wake ups. And to that playstyle the more patient play is better which fits me better (in that patient play putting BS up is also takes part).
But of course there are situations (e.g. against sub) where it is less efficient and cancels are more paid off... :)
I actually played against a “dead of winter” Subz earlier (the variation with the 50/50). As long as you can react to the overhead it’s simple to beat him. Personally, I’d still use Reborn because he can’t corner you easily.

I actually played against a “dead of winter” Subz earlier (the variation with the 50/50). As long as you can react to the overhead it’s simple to beat him. Personally, I’d still use Reborn because he can’t corner you easily.
Yes reacting overhead is important. But conditioning hard to block low and with other stuff it can be difficult. 19F is just around the point which is possible to react for a normal people. :D

Against Scorp dead of winter is to go to variation I think. Slow projectiles would not do anything against scorpion anyway. :)

So dead of winter vs Reborn is the valid match up I think. :D

There actually is kind of a pseudo teleport 50/50, but it's not an oh/ low guess and not loop-able . I'll do ex spear - s4 - teleport which does leave you at the perfect range for a f34 or f3 stagger grab. If they challenge you you get the kb.
It's perfonal preference. With that BnB you do only 212 damage (after F32) for 1 bar and leave you in +6 which means 7F poke trades with F3 - but of course you can step back or wait for whiff punish lol. But that means the opponent has many opportunities to go out of pressure. With +7 it would be much more clean "vortex" into F3 pressure.
With normal F32xx amp tele, F3, 212+4 you get 320 damage and good oki position.

That's 108 damage difference guaranteed and you can also start to f3 pressure... Okay opponent can use wake up... as it cost defensive meter I am good with that he can not break away next time I hit. And I like baiting wake ups anyway lol.

Restand might have its place (sick of good wake up, do not want break away) but I do not state it the primary go to way in mk11.
Break away is not a bad thing to force though. Opponent can not wake up for pretty long time. Perfect if you can catch him again even with a throw. :) Better oki it is like free restand every time!
But we will find out!

I really like the new wake up system. Sometimes I do wake up teleport and hope to whiff punish opponent then I realize there is no such a move lol.

Yes reacting overhead is important. But conditioning hard to block low and with other stuff it can be difficult. 19F is just around the point which is possible to react for a normal people. :D

Against Scorp dead of winter is to go to variation I think. Slow projectiles would not do anything against scorpion anyway. :)

So dead of winter vs Reborn is the valid match up I think. :D
F. Throw KB does 220 damage plus DOT with burning spear active. Searing Rage definitely hits harder compared to Reborn.

F. Throw KB does 220 damage plus DOT with burning spear active. Searing Rage definitely hits harder compared to Reborn.
Concerning setting to manual KB: I also support it it brings new level of the player's gameplay.

Especially with characters with "normal" KB.
Weird do 10 times anything KB might be difficult to track lol.
But as Scorpion D2, F34, 212 absolutely worth it. Yesterday I could KB with spear lol I did not know if it was KB potential.
For me paying attention to failed throw escape is a but difficult but it is matter of 6 sense development.

Matix218

Get over here!
There’s zero guessing involved. Since the reg teleport is -20, as I said, there’s plenty of time to remain blocking to cover both options and punish. Him never having it before is not a legitimate argument, lol.

So again, actually practice offline once in awhile instead of playing online and basing your opinions off of it. You’ll be much better off, I believe in you buddy.
I am a scorp player but to be fair I agree with his argument. If it is fully punishable anyway by just continuing to hold block why should our opponents have the punished window reduced and their punish timing varied because we are able to input the meter burn late. If the goal is to have the move (which is a full screen tracking launcher btw) be full combo punishable why not just make us input the meterburn when we input the tele like it always has been? Other than making it unnecessarily harder to punish what is the justification for us being able to input the meter burn late?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I am a scorp player but to be fair I agree with his argument. If it is fully punishable anyway by just continuing to hold block why should our opponents have the punished window reduced and their punish timing varied because we are able to input the meter burn late. If the goal is to have the move (which is a full screen tracking launcher btw) be full combo punishable why not just make us input the meterburn when we input the tele like it always has been? Other than making it unnecessarily harder to punish what is the justification for us being able to input the meter burn late?
What’s the justification for us to not be able to do it? Like I said there’s no guessing, you can punish both options without knowing if they will amplify it. So when people ask for unnecessary changes that make no sense... They’re just lazy and want it as braindead easily as possible to punish.

Personally it won’t effect me either way but that’s not the point. It’s just a dumb thing to complain about.

Matix218

Get over here!
What’s the justification for us to not be able to do it? Like I said there’s no guessing, you can punish both options without knowing if they will amplify it. So when people ask for unnecessary changes that make no sense... They’re just lazy and want it as braindead easily as possible to punish.

Personally it won’t effect me either way but that’s not the point. It’s just a dumb thing to complain about.
I get it but it just seems like an odd choice to let us stagger the timing of the meterburn at all. Clearly the intent of the move is to be hella negative and full combo punishable and if you are commiting to an ex teleport on a read (ie outside of a guaranteed punush/hit confirm/reaction to a projectile or whiff) why shouldn't it be an easy punish. How many frames do we have after teleport is blocked to input the meterburn and still have it come out? If we have several frames to do this it seems just unnessesary to me since the move is clearly supposed to be easily punished on block. It is ultimately a non issue as strong players will be able to punish no matter how long you delay but it just seems odd that this is the first time that you dont have to input the meterburn with the teleport and can actually delay it after it has been blocked. Whatever though, if it stays great, maybe ill catch some people snoozing or autopiloting their punish but any competant player will blow us up on block either way